Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Quote from: bennydorano on April 23, 2022, 10:42:41 PM
Fury knockout in the 6th. Disappointing from Whyte I thought he'd give Fury problems, but he did nothing.

Thought Whyte would give a better account of himself too. Great punch to finish it.

Anyone think Fury will actually call it a day?

JoG2

I'd love to see Usyk have a rattle to see if he could work him out.

Olly

Still think Fury is avoiding a rematch with Rogan.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

square_ball

Quote from: JoG2 on April 23, 2022, 10:53:48 PM
I'd love to see Usyk have a rattle to see if he could work him out.

It's a fight I'd love to see. I think Usyk causes Fury huge problems. Whether it would be enough to win I don't know. There's no chance that is Fury's last fight.

Whyte looked terrible from the get go. Not sure what the game plan was or if there even was one. Didn't think he could beat Fury but thought he would have at least troubled Fury for a few rounds. It was an awful fight barely a decent punch landed until the final one which was a beauty in fairness. .

nrico2006

If Joshua were to beat Usyk, a fight between Joshua and Fury for all the belts would be the way to sign off. Usyk fight wouldn't be as big but would still be a big test, although Fury would be too big for him, in the way he is for everybody else too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

quit yo jibbajabba

Thought the big lad was a sham few years back. Respect has been gradual but in no doubt now. So so hard to pin one on him. Has beaten all in his path. One more win against either usyk/joshua to cement his place as a great.

Didnt like the way he was talking after about chasing the mayweather exibition type money but hope he stays around for a while yet

Wildweasel74

Boxing heavyweight wise is fairly poor,

Armagh18

Fury would go through Joshua for a shortcut, wouldn't even be a fight.

NAG1

Instead of being the greatest heavy weight era in history as we are being led to believe. Is it actually the worst?

Fury, Joshua, Whyte, Uysk. None IMO are up there with the greatest, Fury is dominating a group of average heavy weights as he is slightly better than average.

gallsman

To call Fury "slightly better than average" is laughable. He is clearly exceptional. There has never been a fighter the size of Fury who can move like him.

Does that mean he's the GOAT? No.

imtommygunn

His movement for the size of him is phenomenal.

oakleaflad

Quote from: NAG1 on April 26, 2022, 08:19:10 AM
Instead of being the greatest heavy weight era in history as we are being led to believe. Is it actually the worst?

Fury, Joshua, Whyte, Uysk. None IMO are up there with the greatest, Fury is dominating a group of average heavy weights as he is slightly better than average.
Usyk would beat the head off the majority of the greats for me. People underestimate the sheer size of Fury and what he can do.

quit yo jibbajabba

So hard to hit. I was waitin years to see him get hit a clip then when he does showed serious balls to get up again. Nowhere near the best but a respectable champion all the same

JoG2

Fury / Usyk a fair bit ahead of the rest atm. Would be some scrap

Armagh18

Quote from: gallsman on April 26, 2022, 08:28:58 AM
To call Fury "slightly better than average" is laughable. He is clearly exceptional. There has never been a fighter the size of Fury who can move like him.

Does that mean he's the GOAT? No.
It's obviously all in theory comparing Fury to other boxers from different eras but I think he'd put it up to anyone simply because of his size and how he can move despite how big he is. No one in history would beat him easily imo