Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

I get serious Emery vibes off Ten Hag. Imagine spending 55 on Martinez when around 70 would probably have got Fofana

JPGJOHNNYG

OMG Southgate, Jesus wept, no just no.   

Cunny Funt

Rangnick was right last season when he said 10 players needed to be offloaded and 10 less than flaky players brought in to replace them. The years of truly awful recruitment and transfers done by former bankers is coming home to roost now.

This group of United players downed the tools towards the end of Oles term, when they weren't under any pressure could finish 2nd and 3rd but when things turned south they crumbled. Tools was never picked up for Rangnick and early days yet but so far Ten Haag is getting the same treatment.

Yesterday such self inflicted defeat. Opening two goals total gifts that no focused side would concede, 3rd same as last season, unable to defend a set piece and the effort at defending for the 4th goal was U12 stuff. On the evidence of the opening two games I'll be surprised if Liverpool don't beat United 5-0 again If more in Old Trafford in the next game.

Turf

Quote from: stiffler on August 13, 2022, 08:23:13 PM
De gea is a liability and has been for some time. Big mistake treating Henderson the way they did.
Certainly he messed up with the first goal, but in the build up to that goal Ronaldo lost possession far too easily then proceeded to fall down holding his ankle as if he'd been shot rather than try and win back possession. He was just as much to blame for the goal imo yet I haven't seen anyone else mention this anywhere.

Ghost

This summers recruitment has been shocking. It was clear to be seen that the squad needed upgraded last season. Knowing McTominay and Fred weren't a competent midfield pairing with the departures of Matic, Pogba, Lingard and Mata added to the mix. To fix this they've brought in Eriksen on a free and are now going to have scurry round in the next few weeks trying to get anybody they can, if they can convince them to join.

Add into the mix the departure of Cavani and the exile of Greenwood its the bare bones up front too....Ten Hag far from blameless here too, he spent his time on a 5ft9 centre half and a substitute LB

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Turf on August 14, 2022, 09:42:04 AM
De gea is a liability and has been for some time. Big mistake treating Henderson the way they did.
Certainly he messed up with the first goal, but in the build up to that goal Ronaldo lost possession far too easily then proceeded to fall down holding his ankle as if he'd been shot rather than try and win back possession. He was just as much to blame for the goal imo yet I haven't seen anyone else mention this anywhere.

Whether he was fouled or not is not up for debate, the goals conceded in the first two games by the team has been atrocious, that's 6 conceded but you want to concentrate on Ronaldo? You'll have to do better than that.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael80

United were a mess but Brentford's performance was unreal. The fourth goal will be one of the best goals of the season, if a top 4 club scored that goal the media reaction would be off the scale. There aren't many teams, maybe just City who would of beat Brentford last night. It does show how far United are back though especially in midfield; Jensen, Norgaard and Da Silva ripped them apart.

Turf

Quote from: Gael80 on August 14, 2022, 11:53:10 AM
There aren't many teams, maybe just City who would of beat Brentford last night.
Take it handy there boss. Brentford are a decent mid table team. They played well yesterday but Man United let them walk through them. No way any of the actual top teams are letting Brentford run riot like that.
They had Ten Hags tactics worked out and exploited them but any of the good teams aren't going to be so open.

Gael80

Quote from: Turf on August 14, 2022, 01:05:24 PM
There aren't many teams, maybe just City who would of beat Brentford last night.
Take it handy there boss. Brentford are a decent mid table team. They played well yesterday but Man United let them walk through them. No way any of the actual top teams are letting Brentford run riot like that.
They had Ten Hags tactics worked out and exploited them but any of the good teams aren't going to be so open.

Lol....to be fair stats linked to Brentford's performance would of been unreal last night. Tactically they were spot on but the performances of the three players I mentioned as well as Mbeumo meant United could never settle. Depth would be an issue but when Brentford play like that at home, as Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham seen last season they're very hard to beat. The fact United were so bad and with that Brentford performance meant 4 - 0 was fair. Even if United were in a better place they'd have been in a battle last night.

Captain Obvious

United were a mess but Brentford's performance was unreal. The fourth goal will be one of the best goals of the season, if a top 4 club scored that goal the media reaction would be off the scale. There aren't many teams, maybe just City who would of beat Brentford last night. It does show how far United are back though especially in midfield; Jensen, Norgaard and Da Silva ripped them apart.

Influenced by Sky hype sports? Have seen Brentford play better against mid ranking teams and lose.

J70

Quote from: Turf on August 14, 2022, 09:42:04 AM

Probably because no matter what Ronaldo did or didn't do, that weak shot that his turnover resulted in should have been saved by DeGea 100 times out of 100.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 12:40:57 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on August 14, 2022, 12:10:19 AM
I always thought Ten Haag wouldn't be there long. Maybe gone  at  end o the season , or probably before then . Having said that , there is only so much a  manager can Do.  The performance s are atrocious, the players bar 1 or 2, are pathetic . 

Southgate will be in  after the World Cup.

There was good money on that bet. Did you have a few quid on it?

No  but I might do

The timing is right though . Can't see TH being there long , and Southgate will have taken that lot as far as he  can (hopefully dumped out early in Qatar )....... While i do feel Southgate is overrated , he will get the team set  up well , albeit negative and defensive . But  that's what has been lacking in  recent seasons , a strong back 4 , a solid Gk and  hardworking players/system .

Those United players couldn't run  out of your road . Lazy arsed  big heads . We've seen the results the likes of Brighton get with hardworking players , chasing, closing down  etc.  There's a lot of be said for  a team like that

Milltown Row2

Utd at six's and seven's so whatever system the managers trying to play they haven't a clue how to carry out instructions... I've yet to see a decent argument for playing the ball from kick outs inside the rectangle!

It looks daft
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gael80 on August 14, 2022, 05:31:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 14, 2022, 02:01:42 PM

Influenced by Sky hype sports? Have seen Brentford play better against mid ranking teams and lose.

No I've seen Brentford play, yesterday's performance was probably their best performance in the PL and takes some doing after the year they had last season. Jensen had been struggling but was motm, it was a fantastic team performance, probably only matched by the Liverpool game last season and the PO final, but Liverpool are so good a point is all they could achieve that evening. Man Utd were bad, which is why it was 4-0.

I've seen them play plenty. You can't ignore the fact that DeGea gave Brentford a two goal head start and in opening 20 minutes outside of those goals Brentford had no other shot on target and just 64 successfull passes, not what I'd consider unreal.

stiffler

Ronaldo been told to buck up his ideas or he will be cut loose. A huge error made bringing him back to the club in retrospect.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009