Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

The new Dutch full back should be an upgrade from what I hear.

Erickson is done. He'll have moments, that's all. Still decent from set pieces, otherwise he'll just be the same as Mata has been the last 2-3 years.

If you believe the media, De jong does not want to go to united so that should mean united should pull the plug, but they are still chasing. Of course there might be more to it than what's in the media.

Nanderson

Quote from: Ghost on July 16, 2022, 01:26:01 PM
Seems the deal to sign Martinez is more or less done. 5ft 9 very short for a CB so it will be interesting to see how he does in the Premier league.

Think Eriksen on a free is a great bit of business and really hope he does well after what he went through...

De Jong deal is a farce at this stage...

Not much talk of anyone coming in for Ronaldo with Chelsea ruling it out. Bayern ruled it out too but at that stage they were still trying to hang onto Lewandowski. Will he end up being forced to stay?
Lewa deal done to Barca now so we will see how serious they are to take him. I'd rather united pulled the plug on de jong now rather than being strung along by someone who doesnt seem keen on the united project or afraid to forgo wages owed to him (whatever his issue may be)

nrico2006

Lots of good centre backs around that height, thinking of Cannavaro, Puyol, Baresi, Thiago Silva and Mascherano.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ghost

Definitely not writing him off, just it's against the norm for a CB.

Would say Eriksen is done either, he'll probably not play every week but Utd have lost Pogba, Lingard and Mata in that area of the pitch so cover was needed.

Agree with pulling the plug on the De Jong deal, even with Barca mad to get rid of him he's determined to stay on and get what he's owed....Reeks of Moyes chasing Fabregas all summer and ending up with Fellaini

nrico2006

Eriksen didn't look done for Brentford this year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ghost

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 17, 2022, 10:14:20 AM

Meant that to say he wasn't done in response to Hounds earlier post.

Captain Scarlet

That de Jong thing is hard to know the truth. There are so many Barca journalists over there you would never get the true story.

In reality he probably knows right well if he leaves they will do their best not to pay him his wages and that's the same reason he is being pushed out the door.

I actually hate Barca and their fans with all the Holier Than Thou shite. How in the name a jaysus can they be allowed to operate like they are now.
Can't wait till they turn on Xavi too.

In term of United Ten Haag is great working with younger lads so I'd hope Rashford and Martial even can get some coaching. But, there is still a goal deficit there. I wonder if there are any other nice options out there. Dyabala perhaps?

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Hound

Really?
That's hilarious. 11 games and some YouTube highlights. How many times did you watch him play 90 minutes?

IMO anyone expecting him to be significantly better than Mata will be in for a big disappointment.

I agree the de jong transfer news is likely full of biased reporting from Spain and made up reporting from the uk.

From the Bunker

Clubs like Utd need players like Eriksen for the League Cup, FA cup and early rounds of the Europa. Like Milner, Minamino and Origi. If he is good enough he'll get Premier League time.

nrico2006

Quote from: Hound on July 17, 2022, 09:22:03 PM
Really?
That's hilarious. 11 games and some YouTube highlights. How many times did you watch him play 90 minutes?

IMO anyone expecting him to be significantly better than Mata will be in for a big disappointment.

I agree the de jong transfer news is likely full of biased reporting from Spain and made up reporting from the uk.

He had a big influence on that team and contributed goals and assists, dunno where this Mata comparison is from though.

thewobbler

Eriksen was a fantastic player. Energetic, positive, tactically astute, technically excellent.

But his form over the last 12-18 months of his Spurs career was dreadful. Properly dreadful. This might have been owed to frustration at Spurs on a decline. It might have been owed to the as yet undiagnosed heart condition.

Whatever it was though, it drew a giant question mark against him, and that's the reason he's not back at Spurs now. Everything was ripe for him to return to white hart lane, and it didn't happen.

United taking on Spurs cast offs is a new one.

Milltown Row2

Rubbish signing in my view ( please don't debate me on it  :-X )
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Ronaldo and his agent at Carrington.

Fergie at Carrington.

Big day for Ronnie.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 26, 2022, 11:35:18 AM

Fergie at Carrington.

Big day for Ronnie.

Why? The club is run by idiots.
Utd shouldn't be asking anyone to stay. If Ronaldo wants to go let him buy out his contract and disappear. This club needs to realise that only committed players will get them out of the hole they are in.

I also see Pogba is injured again. No surprise.

keep her low this half

Quote from: trailer on July 26, 2022, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 26, 2022, 11:35:18 AM

Fergie at Carrington.

Big day for Ronnie.

Why? The club is run by idiots.
Utd shouldn't be asking anyone to stay. If Ronaldo wants to go let him buy out his contract and disappear. This club needs to realise that only committed players will get them out of the hole they are in.

I also see Pogba is injured again. No surprise.
Fully agree, either Ronaldo comes out declaring his undying love for the club and wanting to finish his career at Old Trafford or he has agreed to have his contract terminated and he is a free agent. United just got rid of the Pogba/Lingard drama squad , no need to ruin another season over off field nonsense.