Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

1st half stats as per Cahair OKane

Cargin 63% possession, 6 chances created, 4 taken (67%)

Glen 37% possession, 13 chances created, 5 taken (38%)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MK

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 27, 2022, 06:32:46 PM
I think Glen were lucky in the sense that they played quite poor but won by 5 points.

That said in last few mins the running power of some of their players was evident and they were deserving winner, I think cargin should have been more direct in second half.

Was impressed with Kilcoo last night, so professional. Be odds on to win in 2 weeks time no doubt

Both teams are odds on (5/6 ) with paddy power so it really is 50/50 with the bookmakers

seafoid

There were always only going to be  2 moments in this championship

Wattys vs Ballybay
Wattys v Kilcoo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Champion The Wonder Horse

Strange game. Glen never looked liked losing; Cargin never fully believed they could win.

Given how well both clubs know each other, was more like a Derry championship match. GAA geography is always interesting.

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on November 27, 2022, 07:39:53 PM

Wattys vs Ballybay
Wattys v Kilcoo

You're obsessed with wattys. You mean kilcoo ballybay.

Gold

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 27, 2022, 07:29:31 PM
1st half stats as per Cahair OKane

Cargin 63% possession, 6 chances created, 4 taken (67%)

Glen 37% possession, 13 chances created, 5 taken (38%)

Aye Cargin's 6 chances were 4 frees, 1 wide from Shivers after a good dummy and 1 kicked short from midfielder
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Armagh18

Wattys vs Ballybay
Wattys v Kilcoo
Did Kilcoo not play Ballybay?

LeoMc

Wattys vs Ballybay
Wattys v Kilcoo
You must have made great money betting against Cross if the Ballybay QF was always going to happen.

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 27, 2022, 08:21:51 PM

Wattys vs Ballybay
Wattys v Kilcoo
Did Kilcoo not play Ballybay?
They did.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

I'd fancied Glen to take Kilcoo this year but not so sure now. They'd have to offer something different than they did against EC and Cargin.

At the same time, they had both sides beaten with 10 mins left. Really looking forward to it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2022, 11:10:27 PM
I'd fancied Glen to take Kilcoo this year but not so sure now. They'd have to offer something different than they did against EC and Cargin.

At the same time, they had both sides beaten with 10 mins left. Really looking forward to it.
Was thinking that myself yesterday but then again Glen got 2 tough games whereas Kilcoo cruised through, so who got more benefit?

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on November 28, 2022, 09:33:37 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2022, 11:10:27 PM

Was thinking that myself yesterday but then again Glen got 2 tough games whereas Kilcoo cruised through, so who got more benefit?
I'd say Kilcoo had their fill of close games in Down, rode their luck and have upped it a level now

Truth hurts

Kilcoo are operating at a different level than everyone and it shows that Down club football is miles ahead of everything in Ulster. I reckon the top 4/5 teams in Down would be in the top 10 in Ulster IMO  I fear for Glen in the final. Kilcoo by +5 in the final

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 28, 2022, 10:08:59 AM
Kilcoo are operating at a different level than everyone and it shows that Down club football is miles ahead of everything in Ulster. I reckon the top 4/5 teams in Down would be in the top 10 in Ulster IMO  I fear for Glen in the final. Kilcoo by +5 in the final

wum

Truth hurts

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 28, 2022, 10:10:09 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 28, 2022, 10:08:59 AM

wum

Who am I winding up?