Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: charlieTully on November 05, 2022, 09:12:14 PM
Quote from: OrchardOrange on November 05, 2022, 08:46:11 PM
All Cross's slabbering about having Ulster title and beyond in their sights comes back to bite them. Got a complete lesson in football in the 2nd half. You never look beyond your next match.

Ah that's unfair. Any cross lad I've spoken too were of the thought it's a year or two off yet.

Agreed. Don't know where that notion came from.

Better team on the night won. This ideation of our senior team is on its first steps. Armagh is an achievement for them but there's a lot more in them.

Best of luck Ballybay,  use tonight as a platform. The direct running was hard to counteract tonight and Jap was a class act. Won't get as much space in the next game though so be ready for that.

yellowcard

While I thought Cross would beat Ballybay it was more based on the fact that new county champions quite often struggle to refocus when it comes to provincial competition. Ballybay firmly knocked that on the head tonight with a very impressive display. They were physically strong, played a good mix of running and kicking and their game management was top class. Cross on the other hand never really performed and it was they who looked like the novices. Most Armagh folk would recognise that this is not the Cross team of old, they just don't have those dogs of war that you need when you come up against stiffer opposition. But they are a relatively young side and will be better for the experience and are still the team to beat in Armagh.

Main Street

It should be noted that 'Jap' is a derogative nickname, dating back to the more primitive 1960s when Paul's  father was so labelled due to  physical feature and out of total ignorance.
His dad did not appreciate the nickname 'Jap' and it follows most certainly that his son should not be labeled so.
Has anybody even ventured to question their usage of the nickname 'Jap'?

Wildweasel74

They using the term on TV their, commentators I heard for years Paul Finlay called tgst on the radio during ganes

quit yo jibbajabba

Id like to apologise for all the "ach shure lookits" directed at bcb1. It does appear now that he wasnt jesting. I will learn from this

Main Street

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 05, 2022, 09:31:13 PM
They using the term on TV their, commentators I heard for years Paul Finlay called tgst on the radio during ganes
I appreciate that but them using the term is their total ignorance.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Main Street on November 05, 2022, 09:28:59 PM
It should be noted that 'Jap' is a derogative nickname, dating back to the more primitive 1960s when Paul's  father was so labelled due to  physical feature and out of total ignorance.
His dad did not appreciate the nickname 'Jap' and it follows most certainly that his son should not be labeled so.

I did wonder about that. Kind of thing that gets you cancelled  :o

Does the number 11 mcguinness for ballybay get in the Monaghan panel. Handy enough player there too.

thewobbler

Everything that's wrong with the word in one post. And it's not the nickname.

Main Street

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2022, 09:46:18 PM

I did wonder about that. Kind of thing that gets you cancelled  :o

Does the number 11 mcguinness for ballybay get in the Monaghan panel. Handy enough player there too.
Cancelling is not the issue here, but education.
Once educated, cancelling does not apply.
Chris McGuinness is a tasty player, he's been in the Monaghan panel, has played at county senior level, we'll see how it progresses under the new management.

imtommygunn

Was Chris 11 - it was the other mcguinness I meant who I thought was 11?

tonto1888

Quite a few good players on the Ballybay team. Finlay still a good player. Wylie still a bollocks - and I mean that in appreciation . 14 and 12 had good games.
Some great fielding by Stephen Morris tonight also.

Schkite

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2022, 10:05:21 PM

Chris was 14, Shane was 11 - who I'm not sure has ever had a proper run in the county panel as far as I remember

charlieTully

Quote from: thewobbler on November 05, 2022, 09:49:27 PM

Everything that's wrong with the word in one post. And it's not the nickname.

Ach sure look it is offensive to the blind these days ffs.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Schkite on November 05, 2022, 10:08:14 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2022, 10:05:21 PM

Chris was 14, Shane was 11 - who I'm not sure has ever had a proper run in the county panel as far as I remember

I thought that. I would say he's worth a go.

Wylie a cute auld bolllocks.

FermGael

Where will the Kilcoo game be next week ?

Assume it could be any if the Monaghan county grounds
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered