Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Good luck to our northern brethren anyway.

Derry seem to be playing it cool. Even the BBC segment on the quarters was telling. The Derry schoolkids were cheering but you could see the headmaster shouting at them to quiet down. The Armagh segment was berserk. Tierney was worse than his pupils and just stopped short of painting his arse orange. Their giddiness is infectious though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2022, 01:53:17 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 24, 2022, 10:19:40 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on June 23, 2022, 10:50:25 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2022, 10:27:30 PM
I think Saturday's games will go to form for the favourites.

Sunday, I feel that one of the two raging hot favourites, Armagh or Kerry, will slip up.

I'd call neither raging hot favourites, but I guess you're up to a bit of Tyrone mind games ahead of your neighbours hour of destiny on Sunday.

Armagh are the All Ireland Qualifier Champions 2022. They have to be red hot favourites against Galway who lets face it are coming out of a really weak Connacht.
Armagh are a force of social contagion

Interesting.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

Media reports that Con O'Callaghan and James McCarthy both have hamstring injuries and out of the match today and unlikely to be back for a semi final if Dubs get by Cork.

Rossfan

Safe journeys to all travelling from the 7 Counties today and especially from Derry and Armagh.
Hope the Jackeens can make it in time for throw in (not kick off) ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

If or when Armagh lift Sam, Geezer will follow Dooher as winning captains and managers. Some feat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

balladmaker

Quote from: ONeill on June 25, 2022, 10:15:00 AM
If or when Armagh lift Sam, Geezer will follow Dooher as winning captains and managers. Some feat.

;D gotta love the interest Tyrone folk continue to get from this year's championship thanks to Armagh  :D

An Watcher

Think Doohers feat is safe for a few years yet.  Fully expect this year's winners to come from the kerry dublin semi final

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2022, 08:53:41 PM

Derry seem to be playing it cool. Even the BBC segment on the quarters was telling. The Derry schoolkids were cheering but you could see the headmaster shouting at them to quiet down. The Armagh segment was berserk. Tierney was worse than his pupils and just stopped short of painting his arse orange. Their giddiness is infectious though.

There are probably more restrained teachers in Armagh than Tierney.
Yes, there is enthusiasm in Armagh, but there is no sense that the game is already won. Galway are seen as equals and the smart bet is the 40/1 for a draw HT & FT. In Derry's case there could be a risk of hubris, the view that if we have beaten Tyrone, Monaghan and Donegal then we can beat Clare. Hubris is dangerous, Armagh lost two QFs against team they should have beaten because their heads were not in the right place.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armamike

Quote from: armaghniac on June 25, 2022, 01:02:40 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2022, 08:53:41 PM

There are probably more restrained teachers in Armagh than Tierney.
Yes, there is enthusiasm in Armagh, but there is no sense that the game is already won. Galway are seen as equals and the smart bet is the 40/1 for a draw HT & FT. In Derry's case there could be a risk of hubris, the view that if we have beaten Tyrone, Monaghan and Donegal then we can beat Clare. Hubris is dangerous, Armagh lost two QFs against team they should have beaten because their heads were not in the right place.

We must remember not to cheer our team too much or show any sign of happiness.  Football is a serious business in the bushes.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

Con and Jamesie confirmed as not in the 26 for Dublin today. So the rumoured hamstring injuries appear to be true.

From the Bunker

McStay being asked on RTE Radio 1 how Cork can stay with Dublin in the game as The BeeGees - Staying Alive plays through the Croke Park PA system.  ;D

Blowitupref

Dublin 0-10 to 0-7 ahead at half time in a low quality game. Some amount of poor wides kicked by both sides, the crowd far from full sound bored watching it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bennydorano

Dubs trying to win in 2nd gear and not show their hand to Kerry (sorry Mayo).

Cunny Funt

Quote from: bennydorano on June 25, 2022, 06:45:58 PM
Don't think so. This is the type of show that got Dublin relegated to Div 2.

bennydorano

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 25, 2022, 06:53:35 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 25, 2022, 06:45:58 PM
Don't think so. This is the type of show that got Dublin relegated to Div 2.
Yeah, don't think so myself.

Johnny Cooper just awarded MOTM and I would 100% say he is a big weak link in that team at this stage of his career. Kerry will be delighted to see him line out at CHB.