Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 21, 2022, 03:13:53 PM
Tuchel blamed the poor Stamford Bridge pitch for defeat last night to Arsenal. Chelsea once played on this pitch.

Is that 80's beach football?

Main Street

When Saka was awarded the penalty, on first view I thought this was amazing, even historic, the first time Saka won a decision without a simulation of sorts. But alas my celebratory mood was cut short on viewing the replays.

Jell 0 Biafra

I mean, yeah, it's Chelsea and all, so it's hilarious,  but what is the point of having VAR if that penalty decision is allowed stand?

laoislad

Man United doing their best to avoid the Europa Conference League 2-0 down already.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Arsenal doing their best to avoid the Champions League  2-1 now 😂

Gael85

Good chance for Liverpool put another dent in Everton goal difference.  Great win Burnley.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laoislad

2 goals in a couple of minutes for Burnley puts them in front against Watford.
👀

Ghost

Quote from: laoislad on April 30, 2022, 04:46:13 PM
👀

Are Liverpool fans looking Everton to go down? I know the gloating and laughing at the others misfortune is part of any rivalry but there seems to be a level of respect between the clubs and I'm sure Liverpool fans would miss the Derby.

Capt Pat

I wouldn't miss the derby. It is 2 extra difficult games in the schedule that we really don't need.

thewobbler

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 30, 2022, 06:12:34 PM
I wouldn't miss the derby. It is 2 extra difficult games in the schedule that we really don't need.

Am I right in interpreting this as you don't enjoy competitive sport so much as watching your team win at a canter?

Scotland is the place for you.

Dire Ear

Quote from: thewobbler on April 30, 2022, 06:17:19 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 30, 2022, 06:12:34 PM

Am I right in interpreting this as you don't enjoy competitive sport so much as watching your team win at a canter?

Scotland is the place for you.

And do you understand the concept of derby rivalry................ ;)

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Ghost on April 30, 2022, 05:04:51 PM
👀

Are Liverpool fans looking Everton to go down? I know the gloating and laughing at the others misfortune is part of any rivalry but there seems to be a level of respect between the clubs and I'm sure Liverpool fans would miss the Derby.
Yes.
Not really any respect, they're as scummy as any other club that are jealous of Liverpool.
Wouldn't miss the derby, would miss the 6 points and rubbing it into them though.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 30, 2022, 09:08:23 PM
👀

Yes.
Not really any respect, they're as scummy as any other club that are jealous of Liverpool.
Wouldn't miss the derby, would miss the 6 points and rubbing it into them though.

And people wonder why neutrals are cheering city
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JoG2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 30, 2022, 09:52:28 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 30, 2022, 09:08:23 PM
👀

Yes.

And people wonder why neutrals are cheering city

Are they really? Barstooler comments like the one above should be ignored. Not a person I know who lives in Liverpool or goes to the games wants Everton relegated, well not really. Family and friendships tie the clubs, plenty of banter but the crass stuff like above comes from pub fans usually miles from the stadium