Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Andy Moran from club football.  Decent scoring on his last game.

A hat-trick of goals to help his club preserve their senior status — it wasn't a bad way for Andy Moran to bow out of club football.

The Leitrim manager was on duty for his club, Ballaghaderreen, for the final time this evening, and he played a major role to ensure that Ballagh will be playing senior championship football in 2023.

The former Mayo player bagged 3-3 during his side's 6-8 to 2-8 victory against Davitts in this evening's relegation play-off at Claremorris.

At the end of the game, Moran received a Guard of Honour as the curtain came down on a wonderful career, that included two Mayo senior titles with Ballaghaderreen in 2008 and 2012.

In a tweet this evening, Ballaghaderreen GAA Club quipped that Moran's performance "wasn't a bad way to say goodbye", describing him as a "true legend."

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Kildare's Fergal Conway retires from inter-county football due to persistent injury
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Not  a retirement but Ultan Harney, Roscommon's best player of 2022 (his 1st injury free year) is travelling for 2023.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on November 04, 2022, 06:40:32 PM
Not  a retirement but Ultan Harney, Roscommon's best player of 2022 (his 1st injury free year) is travelling for 2023.

Thomas Galligan of Cavan the same.

Wildweasel74

This not the retirement page, travelling not retirement.

skeog

Michael Murphy retired some surprise that but he has won everything so who can blame him.

imtommygunn

Phenomenal player. I don't know that even with the dubs five in a row dubs team they even had a better player. Donegal will probably go to the doldrums for a while. Mustn't have fancied the new management!

Cunny Funt

True leader only feels like yesterday when i watched him for the for first as a minor in 2006. Few players was better than him over the last 15 years

David McKeown

For more the best player of his generation and I say that worts and all
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Wildweasel74

Should went all in for, Donegal manager as I had said previous.

Captain Obvious

Will be strange watching Donegal in action without Murphy.  Some big boots for the new Donegal management to fill now.

Onthe40

Donegal have became a v ordinary team all of a sudden

J70

Our greatest player ever without a question.

Never seen any other player who could single handedly dominate a game like he could.

Like Pele in soccer, there was nothing he couldn't do well in terms of skill, and his vision and intelligence were top class.

Hope he does well in his LYIT role and I'd say it won't be long before we see him in the county senior management seat.

It's probably good in a way for Paddy Carr. Other players will have to step up, and it lowers expectations considerably for him.