New Car

Started by An Watcher, June 04, 2015, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Hoping to buy a new car in the coming weeks.  Particularly looking at crossovers such as the qashqai or suzuki x cross.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not too well clued into cars.  Looking for something around 2012 that looks good but is economical.  Few mates recommend pcp deals

StGallsGAA

I've a Cortina I'd let go for around £2012 if your interested?

omaghjoe

GJL should be able to sort ye out

laoislad

I don't know a whole ton about cars but I would have thought the Qashqai would be streets ahead of a Suzuki?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

Qashqui uses a Renault 1.5dci engine. Scrap.

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on June 05, 2015, 12:06:07 AM
I know a few people with Qashqai's and they all love them.
The new one looks great imo.
Wouldn't buy one myself but I thought they had a very good reputation as being reliable?

The new X-Trail is a fine looking motor.

The Subbie

Quote from: laoislad on June 05, 2015, 12:10:25 AM
Wouldn't buy one myself but I thought they had a very good reputation as being reliable?

I had a qashqai out as a hire car a while ago and also an x trail more recently.

Both brutal, no storage in either to talk about, both boots were tiny and both felt tinny if that makes,sense.

after reading that they have Renault diesel engines tells you all you need to know, avoid.

Toyota rav 4 , maybe??

GJL

They are fine for the first 50-60k miles but after that can become expensive to keep. As the poster above suggests the Rav4 is the best in this market. I had one a few years ago and it averaged 45mpg!

general_lee

GJL would you or anyone else have any advice for buying secondhand  in England? Thinking of buying with the view of bringing it over here to the north. Would be on the look out for a diesel saloon - reliable, spacious, good mpg etc. Thinking an Isignia, Passat, A4 etc possibly a 320d. I read somewhere that Nottingham and Hull are two of the best places to buy. Where do dealers here source their motors and what are the pitfalls? Apart from the usual ones to look out for with second hand motors.

PS sorry for the hijack

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on June 05, 2015, 09:56:32 AM

They are fine for the first 50-60k miles but after that can become expensive to keep. As the poster above suggests the Rav4 is the best in this market. I had one a few years ago and it averaged 45mpg!
The new one is dog ugly though...IMO.

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on June 05, 2015, 11:43:08 AM

In standard form I would agree but pimped up a bit they are not too bad. Toyota did the same with the Landcruiser. The old model is much nicer.

Captain Scarlet

Good bit to be said for the Kia Sportage. 7 year warranty.
The parents have a Kia Soul and it's a topper 1.5D and plenty of room but dunno how it would suit a family. It's grand for them, retired and just tipping around.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on June 05, 2015, 03:46:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 05, 2015, 11:43:08 AM

In standard form I would agree but pimped up a bit they are not too bad. Toyota did the same with the Landcruiser. The old model is much nicer.
Yeah the last model Landcrusier was far nicer. Always wanted one of them to be honest.

snoopdog

i have a Hyundai Santa fe the last model and its great. more of a jeep than a cross over probably, I dont have it that long but its great plenty of poke for the size of it. tons of space also, abundant in the south, not so many in the wee 6 though. although i think they only come with a 2.2 litre engine and above. a 2012 one would be pricey enough.

Lecale2

Always thought the X5 was the best of this type. A friend had one. Great motor.