Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laceer

Not only a supreme hurler but a gentleman of the highest order. Hard to take in. RIP Damian.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Substandard

So sorry to hear this, watched the Rackard final, he practically beat us on his own.  Condolences to all who knew him, especially his family and teammates.  Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gallsman

Dire Ear

Brutal,  absolutely brutal
Rest in peace

Stan

Twobounces

What is people's views on this? Down at the Armagh game yesterday and have to say that I was envious with the amount of supporters they have. I can't remember the last Tyrone had support like that, would guess 2005. Last year was a covid year so numbers were down but even this year as All Ireland Champions we didn't have massive numbers of support. I know people will state cost of living etc but has the success of Tyrone over the last 20 years put people off going to games.

God14

Quote from: Twobounces on June 27, 2022, 03:24:32 PM
What is people's views on this? Down at the Armagh game yesterday and have to say that I was envious with the amount of supporters they have. I can't remember the last Tyrone had support like that, would guess 2005. Last year was a covid year so numbers were down but even this year as All Ireland Champions we didn't have massive numbers of support. I know people will state cost of living etc but has the success of Tyrone over the last 20 years put people off going to games.

Cost of living hasnt put of Armagh and Derry ones

Hard to fathom the drop off in Tyrone support. I suppose we were pretty much perennial quarter finalists plus, for the best part of 20years, so days like this weekend became fairly regular for us. Also whilst the match day experience itself is absolutely fantastic, the journey there and back is not. Public transport/ Portadown train is abysmal. Traffic congestion at the tolls and north dublin in general, plus a lack of adequate car parking are all bug bears. Its just so much easier to sit at home and watch it, or go to the pub for a few pints. Interest in our games within the county, and participation etc are still as high as ever

Hopefully the neighbours doing well & making plenty of noise can inspire our support back to the games.
I firmly believe our success last year has had a big galvanising effect on the oak leafers this year.

sam03/05

The Tyrone support has basically got spoilt, if we were in the QFinals yesterday - we would be lucky to have 8-10k supporters at it. I would say Armagh had near 30k

The support have got too used to success - AI finals, Semi Finals, Quarter Finals. Minor / u20 finals.
As a result there is almost an expectation every year that they should be there. As a result there is not the same excitement involved.

In saying that the core element of the Tyrone support is loyal throughout. They have a 10-12k support at most league games etc. where as the likes of Derry would be and have been playing in front of crowds less that 1000

trailer

Armagh won two games in a row in the championship for the first time in about 15 years. They promptly got completely carried away. Some of them have hotels booked for the AIF. The county is full of people who are deluded. We should never compare ourselves to them or what they do.
Tyrone have been on the road pretty much since 2003. That takes its toll.

Mikhailov

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 27, 2022, 04:20:54 PM
The Tyrone support has basically got spoilt, if we were in the QFinals yesterday - we would be lucky to have 8-10k supporters at it. I would say Armagh had near 30k

The support have got too used to success - AI finals, Semi Finals, Quarter Finals. Minor / u20 finals.
As a result there is almost an expectation every year that they should be there. As a result there is not the same excitement involved.

In saying that the core element of the Tyrone support is loyal throughout. They have a 10-12k support at most league games etc. where as the likes of Derry would be and have been playing in front of crowds less that 1000

I would say it is a long time since Tyrone had a 10/12k support at a league game, a very long time.

Under Lights

Paddy Tally to be considered as the next Tyrone manager?

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Under Lights on July 11, 2022, 06:24:10 AM

Kerry playing similar to the later MH years, setting up defensively to counter and not competing for kick outs at all, with maybe some more kicking. Having Clifford to kick to is a big difference to a Mark Bradley. Not convinced about this Kerry team. They don't really have any good forwards outside the Cliffords and O'Shea. Not much on the bench from what I can see.

toby47

Quote from: HokeyPokey on July 11, 2022, 09:32:42 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 11, 2022, 06:24:10 AM

Kerry playing similar to the later MH years, setting up defensively to counter and not competing for kick outs at all, with maybe some more kicking. Having Clifford to kick to is a big difference to a Mark Bradley. Not convinced about this Kerry team. They don't really have any good forwards outside the Cliffords and O'Shea. Not much on the bench from what I can see.

There's no other county in Ireland at the minute with talent like Tony Brosnan, Killian Spillane, Adrian Spillane, Jack Savage, Gavin Crowley, Michael Burns on the bench....