Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: Under Lights on February 28, 2022, 09:04:34 AM
To be fair to McShane and Conor McKenna at the weekend they came on at 62 mins and 65 mins. Hardly much time to do anything. Felt subs were very late. Three only made in total.

I agree. No point bringing on people with less than 10 mins to go and expect miracles from them. Think mcneeds more game time. He has only started a handful of games for Tyrone in the last 18 months. Last year he played at most 30 mins or so a game.

Hopefully the dry ground will suit his style more over the next 2 months

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Under Lights on February 28, 2022, 09:04:34 AM
To be fair to McShane and Conor McKenna at the weekend they came on at 62 mins and 65 mins. Hardly much time to do anything. Felt subs were very late. Three only made in total.

Yep, it wasn't Management's best day on the line, by a long chalk. :-\
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: toby47 on February 28, 2022, 09:42:56 AM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on February 28, 2022, 08:50:38 AM
Not sure to be concerned by tyrone's displays so far or confident that they'll turn it on a bit when it matters and that it's only to be expected after winning an all ireland.

Canavan looks v. sharp so far, just needs to keep it up for a whole game. Perplexed by mckenna and mcshane. to me, mckenna looks like a man who has lost interest in the game. so much talent but has that kind of lazy swagger about him. Maybe come the good weather and hard ground we'll see a bit more from him. Mcshane is struggling to live up to his own reputation and i thought sean cavanagh's comments were interesting in that he thinks he's too unpredictable and maybe management see it as safer to go with the boys who you know what exactly you'll get from them, then throw cathal in last 15/20 for hopefully a bit of magic. be a bit concerned that we still haven't seen michael o'neill or mcnamee and if the other boys are anything to go by, it does take time to get back up to speed and intensity of intercounty football.

I think I said it here before. Shortly after the AI win McKenna done a Podcast with Tommy Niblock & McConville and i said straight after 'that's a boy that won't have a long inter county career' He talked about not loving football growing up but he was good at it so kept playing. Also mentioned he enjoyed County football after Covid because it was 2/3 days/nights a week & if it went to 4/5 nights a week he wouldn't play. He also said club football had been scheduled until the week before Christmas because of the backlog of fixtures at the time & said 'i won't be giving up my life to play games every Sunday right up to Christmas.'  He made no qualms in saying horses & racing is his love/priority and football is number 2.

I listened to that podcast too and while he did make those points, he was also very clear in saying that he hadn't been at his best over the Championship (despite some absolutely crucial moments of real class) and that he'd be going all out to go up a level. He looks in good shape physically to me and if anything he looked so keen to impress when he was on the park the last two games that he was trying too hard, some questionable decision making. I'd like to see him get a run of games and that goes for McShane too.

First half was promising on Saturday but very disjointed after the break, not enough men willing to take control of the game. Chucked away two points that would have been very useful. Always expected a slow build up this year but could certainly do with going up a level or two the next few weeks.

square_ball

I don't think we are a million miles away. The spell in the first half was very good but no doubt the 2nd half was very disappointing. McShane is a funny one. His finishing is excellent but his general play has been poor enough in the first 2 games. Peter Harte was a big miss for Donegal. McGeary has been quiet so far.

I'd expect us to beat Dublin and Mayo and who knows with Kerry. I'm fairly optimistic that once the championship rolls around we'll be in good shape.

I notice Canavan wasn't moving too well when he was chasing back for the Donegal 2nd goal. Hopefully it's not a hamstring problem.

Onthe40

McGeary is completely off the boil
he seems to be too focused on barking orders to other players, patrolled the sideline for 70mins the other night, offering v little other than shouting at others

tyrone08

I don't think we are too far away either. Other teams prep is well underway, I think we are starting out with the aim of peaking later. I could be completely wrong however.

I am worried about the forwards we can bring on to change a game bar mcshane and McCurry. If they are having a poor day who do we turn to. Bradley will be a big miss this year. Donaghy has not lived up to his first appearance either.

Any word on why Lee brennan isn't getting any game time?

An Watcher

Was thinking brennan should get a run too but not sure if he's injured

NotedObserver

Hopefully Tyrone can win this weekend as Tyrone need to ply McShane and McKenna to get games under their belt. Darragh canavan drifting in and out of games but magic when on it. Not be long till he's joined by the brother as well.

Tyrone2021

Surely a few men bound to be thinking it's time to pack it in? No game time for a lot of men so far and next few games are must win so they probably won't get game time.

Tyrdub

What's the verdict on McNulty? It looked pretty bad on the TV

God14

Quote from: Tyrdub on March 01, 2022, 08:46:48 AM

Arm fracture, Season over
So frustrating, was delighted to see him come back. Significant loss

Tyrdub

Quote from: God14 on March 01, 2022, 08:52:36 AM

That's what I expected, not good

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on March 01, 2022, 08:52:36 AM

I mind when arm fractures took 6 weeks to recover from..... now they take all season. Snowflakes!!!!  :D

Stan

Hardly any games played so far and they're coming of the back of a period of serious partying and raking about. Soft ground. Nothing won in February/March etc...
I look at Armagh and can't help but think that they are getting their timing wrong - peaking too early maybe...hope we can pick up points from the remaining few games

Quote from: Stan on March 02, 2022, 08:03:53 AM
Hardly any games played so far and they're coming of the back of a period of serious partying and raking about. Soft ground. Nothing won in February/March etc...
I look at Armagh and can't help but think that they are getting their timing wrong - peaking too early maybe...hope we can pick up points from the remaining few games

I would be worried if they don't show a bit more attacking edge soon