Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoundBall

Shaun Patton, Caolan Ward, Brendan McCole, Stephen McMenamin, Ryan McHugh, Eoghan Ban Gallagher, Odhrán McFadden-Ferry, Hugh McFadden, Jason McGee, Shane O'Donnell, Peadar Mogan, Ciaran Thompson, Patrick McBrearty, Conor O'Donnell, Oisin Gallen.

Donegal starting 15.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

NotedObserver

Apart from mcnamee, McGeary and m Donnelly full strength

smort

Sparks will fly between Meyler and Mcfadden-Ferry

NotedObserver

Late changes McNulty and McDonnell in

JimStynes

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 21, 2022, 01:06:41 PM
Conor mckenna is a bit of a head scratcher. Didn't play well against kildare, he almost seemed to be forcing it. Hopefully he get get some form and have a good run of it.

McNulty and Donaghy didn't play great either but the conditions were rubbish to be fair.

I can't see McKenna playing football for that long. Doesn't seem to be dying about it and would rather be working in the old horse racing game. Class player but seems to have lost a bit of motivation for football at the minute.

skeog

He is a bit like his horse NO SPEED LIMITS a short runner but he is still a super talent that needs nurturing imo.

NotedObserver

McKenna Probably needed a good pre season but with winning all Ireland that was limited. Donaghy I thought was preforming well before but not impressed yesterday.

Game passed a lot of players by yesterday probably due to the wind. A Harte or Donnelly would have have been useful in that second half

Tyrone11234

Tyrone Dublin basically a relegation play off next week in Omagh

Jim Bob

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on February 27, 2022, 06:13:09 PM
In 2 weeks' time, yep, on March 13th.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Under Lights

Peter Harte missed the weekends match due to Covid.

No word on McNamee, Michael O'Neill or Niall Kelly in the squads to date.

TyroneOnlooker

Not sure to be concerned by tyrone's displays so far or confident that they'll turn it on a bit when it matters and that it's only to be expected after winning an all ireland.

Canavan looks v. sharp so far, just needs to keep it up for a whole game. Perplexed by mckenna and mcshane. to me, mckenna looks like a man who has lost interest in the game. so much talent but has that kind of lazy swagger about him. Maybe come the good weather and hard ground we'll see a bit more from him. Mcshane is struggling to live up to his own reputation and i thought sean cavanagh's comments were interesting in that he thinks he's too unpredictable and maybe management see it as safer to go with the boys who you know what exactly you'll get from them, then throw cathal in last 15/20 for hopefully a bit of magic. be a bit concerned that we still haven't seen michael o'neill or mcnamee and if the other boys are anything to go by, it does take time to get back up to speed and intensity of intercounty football.

Under Lights

To be fair to McShane and Conor McKenna at the weekend they came on at 62 mins and 65 mins. Hardly much time to do anything. Felt subs were very late. Three only made in total.

kickitin

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on February 27, 2022, 06:13:09 PM

are kildare and monaghan exempt from relegation or waaaaaaa ?

toby47

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on February 28, 2022, 08:50:38 AM
Not sure to be concerned by tyrone's displays so far or confident that they'll turn it on a bit when it matters and that it's only to be expected after winning an all ireland.

Canavan looks v. sharp so far, just needs to keep it up for a whole game. Perplexed by mckenna and mcshane. to me, mckenna looks like a man who has lost interest in the game. so much talent but has that kind of lazy swagger about him. Maybe come the good weather and hard ground we'll see a bit more from him. Mcshane is struggling to live up to his own reputation and i thought sean cavanagh's comments were interesting in that he thinks he's too unpredictable and maybe management see it as safer to go with the boys who you know what exactly you'll get from them, then throw cathal in last 15/20 for hopefully a bit of magic. be a bit concerned that we still haven't seen michael o'neill or mcnamee and if the other boys are anything to go by, it does take time to get back up to speed and intensity of intercounty football.

I think I said it here before. Shortly after the AI win McKenna done a Podcast with Tommy Niblock & McConville and i said straight after 'that's a boy that won't have a long inter county career' He talked about not loving football growing up but he was good at it so kept playing. Also mentioned he enjoyed County football after Covid because it was 2/3 days/nights a week & if it went to 4/5 nights a week he wouldn't play. He also said club football had been scheduled until the week before Christmas because of the backlog of fixtures at the time & said 'i won't be giving up my life to play games every Sunday right up to Christmas.'  He made no qualms in saying horses & racing is his love/priority and football is number 2.