Buying Shares

Started by laceer, August 14, 2012, 08:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laceer

I've been toying with the idea of investing in a small share portfolio; nothing major, just out of interest more than anything. Does anyone have any advice on how to get started, any decent websites or books I could read up on? I've a basic knowledge of how the stock market operates through my accountancy studies, but would appreciate any experiences or guidance from people who've invested in a portfolio themselves. Cheers

laceer

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 14, 2012, 09:43:25 AM
Should this thread be merged?

Is there a similar thread? I've searched but can't find one.

I don't want to know about CFDs, how Sean Quinn went bust, the Irish/International banking crisis or share price propping, nor do I want to invest billions of pounds. I'd like to start a small portfolio with maybe a few hundred quid, something that I can watch for a while but won't break me if it goes tits up

sheamy

Quote from: laceer on August 14, 2012, 08:51:27 AM
I've been toying with the idea of investing in a small share portfolio; nothing major, just out of interest more than anything. Does anyone have any advice on how to get started, any decent websites or books I could read up on? I've a basic knowledge of how the stock market operates through my accountancy studies, but would appreciate any experiences or guidance from people who've invested in a portfolio themselves. Cheers

www.nakedtrader.co.uk

Denn Forever

Granted it was a year or 2 ago, but check out the "Is it a good time to buy shares" thread.  Up to 19 pages.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=4195.270
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Corner Forward

laceer did you invest in the end?