Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

So is it Killyclogher v Errigal and Trillick v Carrickmore for the league semifinals next weekend?
Trillick, Errigal and Carrickmore level on points so it comes down to a "mini league" between them. With Trillick beating Carrickmore and drawing with Errigal they top the "mini league" with 3 points then Carrickmore next with their win over Errigal.

TyroneClubs

I actually like the ideas of no play offs. Looking at division 2, a team in play off eg galbally/Pomeroy who meet in first round of championship. One of those will go out on 18th September and if play offs aren't until the week after final, they have no game until 30th October. Hard for players

Under Lights

Ffs sure thats what clubs voted for. Clubs are a joke.

Under Lights

I see Killyman are the bottom club in the county, amalgamated at youth, though one of the posters here has been enthusiastic about Go Games, possibly the next Dregish?

Tyrone Gaa

Playoffs will surely now be after the championship!! We can't know who is in the Division 2 playoffs until the championship winner has been crowned.

Are the Playoff dates known?
Living the dream!!!

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on September 04, 2022, 07:26:42 PM
I see Killyman are the bottom club in the county, amalgamated at youth, though one of the posters here has been enthusiastic about Go Games, possibly the next Dregish?

They gave us a good game 2 weeks ago. They actually missed a great chance to reduce the deficit to 5 midway through the 2nd half but then they go and get hammered by Strabane last week and beat by Donaghmore 3rds yesterday 🤷‍♂️

I'd say the only game we played this season that was a farce was Fianna 3rds. A lot of teams put it up to us.

TheModernGame

Quote from: TyroneClubs on September 04, 2022, 07:19:23 PM
I actually like the ideas of no play offs. Looking at division 2, a team in play off eg galbally/Pomeroy who meet in first round of championship. One of those will go out on 18th September and if play offs aren't until the week after final, they have no game until 30th October. Hard for players

From a division 2 perspective this might be fine, but take Division 3 for example. There is no relegation. If you lose more than 1 to 2 league games, realistically you won't win the league. With no playoffs essentially the majority of your games would be meaningless.

I do take your point on the scheduling of the playoffs though. However who ever wants it, wants it.

Under Lights

Personally feel you need playoffs to keep from being dead rubbers, however the clubs voted it through and now complaining, this is my gripe with clubs all complaints no solutions, anything brought forward voted down and still not happy

LeoMc

Are they Dungannon parish?

general_lee

Quote from: Under Lights on September 04, 2022, 08:12:54 PM
Personally feel you need playoffs to keep from being dead rubbers, however the clubs voted it through and now complaining, this is my gripe with clubs all complaints no solutions, anything brought forward voted down and still not happy
Should split your leagues in two like in Armagh. Much less dead rubbers and more clubs have more to play for later in the season

Mikhailov

Quote from: LeoMc on September 04, 2022, 08:19:15 PM

Yes, as far as I am aware. Dungannon parish is Dungannon, Edendork, Killyman & Clonmore (Armagh)

Stand corrected but think I had read that somewhere before

Under Lights

Strong finish to the league campaign for Fintona finishing 4th, must be the highest finish in a good nunber of years, 2012 maybe?

clarshack

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 04, 2022, 09:17:45 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 04, 2022, 08:19:15 PM

Yes, as far as I am aware. Dungannon parish is Dungannon, Edendork, Killyman & Clonmore (Armagh)

Stand corrected but think I had read that somewhere before

That is correct.

smort

Wouldn't be surprised if killyman beat augher in the first round of the championship

mysticmac

Quote from: smort on September 04, 2022, 09:42:31 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if killyman beat augher in the first round of the championship
Ah now i think your a bit off the mark there now, i think we will beat killyman and beat them well on friday week over in garvaghey, augher is a championship team