Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on May 06, 2022, 06:28:13 AM
Friday night games won't suit Greencastle at all.
It's not a school night so they can stay up a bit later.

Under Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on May 06, 2022, 07:22:07 AM

Teenage discos are all on Friday nights though.

Ancharraig123

Are ACL fixtures to be played weekly or every fortnight? Or is it depending how the u20 do for the first games

Mikhailov

I see Niall Gartland has it on Twitter that it is every Friday starting the week after U20's are finished up. But he also says there is a holiday break from Friday 1st July - Friday 15th July with games on those 2 dates. Surely the sensible thing to do is to move the holiday break from 8th-22nd to coincide with the work holiday period over the 12th. I know the 12th fortnight is not as big a holiday period as in previous years but there are still a vast number of companies who close for that period.

Now if these dates remain, lads won't even get a chance to go away for a few days during their work holiday period

All the CCC have to do is delay the GAA break by one week as they won't lose any fixtures either way

Onthe40

same situation with youth, I believe they are starting the u15 league in July right slap bang in the middle of the holiday season.. this would be a ridiculous decision, it should ether start in June breaking in July or wait till August

skeog

Loughmacrory v Greencastle round 1 be tasty a few old scores to be settled lol.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on May 06, 2022, 08:01:30 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on May 06, 2022, 07:22:07 AM

Teenage discos are all on Friday nights though.

Greencastle actually run a teenage disco on a Friday night..... Sean Teague be going into disco at half time to pick the subs!!!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 06, 2022, 09:45:07 PM
Good win for us tonight at home to Urney, can't remember the exact final scoreline but I think we won by eight. I'm not sure if that result means we've markedly improved or if Urney have gone back a bit, they didn't look terribly fit against us. Time will tell.

Other results - Clan na nGael beat EC3 by 2, Derrytresk beat Augher by 7, Drumquin beat Donaghmore 3rds by 1 and Brackaville beat Killyman by 4.
Edit: Coalisand 3rd's 1-3 Stewartstown 9-22!!  :o :o

Good start for Fintona - Have been thinking they may make a push after some good youth maybe this is the year?

What about Urney did they ever get the manager situation sorted?

Under Lights

Big win for Fintona. Finally turned a corner or have Urney dropped that much, time will tell. One thing is for sure its been a long time since the Pearses have even had a false dawn so they will be happy this week.

clarshack

Is Johnny Lafferty still playing for Urney?

Onthe40

Looking like fianna 3rds won't last long Clarshack?

clarshack

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 07, 2022, 08:46:29 AM

Not sure. They have a tough couple of games to start but will see after it.

We are away to Drumquin next week and they always gave us bother in the past. They were the only team to beat us in Division 3 last time we were in it.

Despite what others have said I would still fear Urney.

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 07, 2022, 10:19:36 PM
Quote from: clarshack on May 07, 2022, 08:22:41 AM
Is Johnny Lafferty still playing for Urney?
He didn't play against us yesterday evening.

What about Feargal McNulty, is he still going?

Under Lights

Quote from: clarshack on May 07, 2022, 10:04:37 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on May 07, 2022, 08:46:29 AM

Not sure. They have a tough couple of games to start but will see after it.

We are away to Drumquin next week and they always gave us bother in the past. They were the only team to beat us in Division 3 last time we were in it.

Despite what others have said I would still fear Urney.

Stewartstown firm favourites for Division 3 this year, have the most fire power. If they can get it together as a club they would have a decent team but tend to be a bit of a basketcase.

RoundBall

I seen a photo of McNulty up on the Urney social media for sponsorship or something like that lately so he's still involved in the club whether playing or not I don't know.
An Ríocht Uí Néill