Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone1984

Had to be a technicality. Dont agree with the rule however most if not all clubs abide by it so find this a really poor call to be honest. Bad precident set

on the sideline

That's a joke of a decision. Break the rules knowingly and face no punishment for it.

Mikhailov

That is club football f**ked now. Open season, do what you want - plead innocence and go through the appeal process. Your lawyer will discover a technicality somewhere along the line and you will get off

Very poor decision to let this offence go without penalty - every team will be up to all sorts of tricks now to gain an advantage - the precedent has been set

Shocking, unbelievable decision to be honest. Just can't get my head around it

Onthe40

fekin sickening
especially for the smaller clubs who struggle to field teams and abide by the rules
plenty of dodgey team sheets coming in the weeks ahead

OurKid

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 27, 2022, 09:55:48 PM
That is club football f**ked now. Open season, do what you want - plead innocence and go through the appeal process. Your lawyer will discover a technicality somewhere along the line and you will get off

Very poor decision to let this offence go without penalty - every team will be up to all sorts of tricks now to gain an advantage - the precedent has been set

Shocking, unbelievable decision to be honest. Just can't get my head around it
Yep I agree should not be the case.I'm starting a petition for a firing squad taking place at ballygawley park and ride for all those involved (and the entire trillick team just because).

Tyrone2021

Quote from: God14 on April 27, 2022, 09:30:04 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 27, 2022, 09:25:59 PM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on April 27, 2022, 09:24:18 PM

Teamtalk report that Greencastle have won their appeal and will play in Divison 1.
Are we allowed to play suspended players now?

Staggering that

Be interesting to hear the reasoning of the DRA decision, was it a technicality or lack of evidence or what...?

Again just from talking to other ones so this not confirmed, apparently kildress never had permission to record the game so the evidence was thrown out and without that video there was no case

nrico2006

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on April 28, 2022, 08:05:26 AM

Teamtalk report that Greencastle have won their appeal and will play in Divison 1.

Staggering that

Be interesting to hear the reasoning of the DRA decision, was it a technicality or lack of evidence or what...?

Again just from talking to other ones so this not confirmed, apparently kildress never had permission to record the game so the evidence was thrown out and without that video there was no case

Who cares if they had permission or not?  If a video exists then problem solved.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

redhandefender

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on April 28, 2022, 08:05:26 AM

That is not correct at all!

It is a terrible decision

Staggering that

skeog

Greencastle just following what County Board have been doing over the years.Getting a smart Lawyer like Fergal or someone else to pick holes in regulations.Good luck to them.

Mikhailov

Quote from: skeog on April 28, 2022, 09:06:31 AM
Greencastle just following what County Board have been doing over the years.Getting a smart Lawyer like Fergal or someone else to pick holes in regulations.Good luck to them.

When did county board blatantly break the rules?

clarshack

I don't agree with the rule myself but Greencastle can count themselves extremely fortunate to have got away with it.

I can mind Banty's club in Monaghan getting stripped of their Ulster Junior club title back around 2010 for playing an underage player, so what is different between then and now?

Tyrone95

Defeats the purpose of any sort of rules or guidelines when clubs can just overturn such decisions like this / red cards. However fair play to Gcastle legal team for getting around this one.. They'll need to be on their A game once again in a few months to appeal the outcome of the division 1 relegation.

Tyrone2021

I see they have a fundraiser currently on going, must be to fund there next appeal.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on April 28, 2022, 10:03:01 AM
I see they have a fundraiser currently on going, must be to fund there next appeal.

Trying to make up the costs of the current appeal!!

Great knowing now that when you want to break the rules all you have to do is not record games...

nrico2006

Quote from: skeog on April 28, 2022, 09:06:31 AM

If an amateur organisation make up a set of rules that for talks sake are ambiguous or have a few gaps in, how can it end up with a solicitor or anybody involved anyway?  Its not anything to do with formal law, so surely the county board can easily tell a club/solicitor to deal with their decision as it wont be changed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'