Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: clarshack on November 11, 2021, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 11, 2021, 10:39:03 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 11, 2021, 10:24:26 AM
Why are children being charged into the senior final and are free into the Intermediate final?

The difference in quality would be the obvious answer.

It shouldn't matter. What's the difference in a Coalisland lad or a Moortown lad going to support their team?

Of course it matters. It's why we pay €85 for an all ireland ticket but €30 for a first round game. If you can't see the difference between senior and intermediate or junior there's no point arguing. £3 is not going to price anyone out unless you have 20 children.

WeeDonns

Different opinions here. Certainly don't think "heads need to roll", just a rethink.
I'd be more inclined to add £3 on to an adult ticket if more funds need generated rather than start charging kids, others will surely disagree.

Am I right in saying it wasn't possible pay cash into any club championship games this year?
Would be interesting to see the official attendance stats & tax declaration for the 2019 club championship verses 2020  :-X

Quote from: GlenMan on November 10, 2021, 09:12:57 PM
I've seen this thrown about a lot today. AFAIK, there has always been a small charge for stand tickets at the county final for U16. Admission to the terrace is still free for U16. Lets get some perspective instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

Is this true? Tyrone website suggests otherwise

QuoteU16s will require a Juvenile Admission ticket for the Senior Championship Final and should be accompanied by an adult.

WT4E

Quote from: clarshack on November 11, 2021, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 11, 2021, 10:39:03 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 11, 2021, 10:24:26 AM
Why are children being charged into the senior final and are free into the Intermediate final?

The difference in quality would be the obvious answer.

It shouldn't matter. What's the difference in a Coalisland lad or a Moortown lad going to support their team?

The Coalisland lad wears a baseball cap and thinks he's smart, the Moortown lad doesn't wear a baseball hat and knows he's hard.

tiempo

Any suggestions on team of the decade in the 10 years from 2010?
Few tied on 2 titles, Omagh got to an Ulster final but ultimately lost
A compelling case to be made for any of the clubs or much of a muchness given no outright dominant force?

Trillick 2
Omagh 2
Island 2
Dromore 1
Errigal 1
Clonoe 1
Killyclogher 1

Localexpert

Quote from: tiempo on November 11, 2021, 03:55:14 PM
A compelling case to be made for any of the clubs or much of a muchness given no outright dominant force?

Trillick 2
Omagh 2
Island 2
Dromore 1
Errigal 1
Clonoe 1
Killyclogher 1

Well if we win on Sunday then surely it has to be us  ::)

LeoMc

Quote from: Localexpert on November 11, 2021, 05:13:51 PM
Quote from: tiempo on November 11, 2021, 03:55:14 PM

Trillick 2
Omagh 2
Island 2
Dromore 1
Errigal 1
Clonoe 1
Killyclogher 1

Well if we win on Sunday then surely it has to be us  ::)
?

Under Lights

Quote from: the_daddy on November 11, 2021, 03:41:09 PM
Quote from: PeterEli on November 10, 2021, 05:32:54 PM
Not many lads currently playing club football in Tyrone with 3 O'Neill Cup medals.
Eoin McCusker with 3? What about Dromore's other elder statesmen some must have 2, Ronan McNabb, Niall Sludden, Conor O'Hara, Ciaran McCoy, Sean McNabb? Coalisland must have a few going for 3 as well, Maccers, Plunkett Kane, Niall Kerr, Paddy Buck, Brian Toner and maybe Jason Carberry? Dromore or Fianna posters can confirm.

Conor Gormley is still going and has 4.

If Carrickmore get back to the final there is a fair chance he'll tog out for the final, just like the Masters this year.

mysticmac

Ill call it now and as a division 2 man myself and i know were on way to division 3, coalisland will be playing division 2 football next year, ive it all worked out

scout

kickitin

Quote from: scout on November 12, 2021, 08:41:40 AM
Moortown & Dromore both by 4

the roes will not be beat. too big and strong. crippy mc guigan will take mcshane completely out of the game like he did mattie mcguigan, but i feel like owen roes have enough power to win anyway. tony devine to catch at least 57 kickouts

God14

WT4E

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 11, 2021, 09:15:34 AM
None of my business but i love in general how as soon as someone does something you dont like they "need to consider their position". That bullshit really grinds. What happens then when the next guy does something you dont like. Call for his head, continue to infinity...

Quote from: clarshack on November 12, 2021, 09:48:32 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2021/11/13/news/tyrone-turned-down-tg4-in-favour-of-streaming-final-2505642/

I think heads do need to roll here. Micky Kerr, Treasurer and McConnell should step down or be removed from Tyrone football for putting money ahead of the population of Tyrone.

WT4E

Quote from: kickitin on November 12, 2021, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: scout on November 12, 2021, 08:41:40 AM
Moortown & Dromore both by 4

the roes will not be beat. too big and strong. crippy mc guigan will take mcshane completely out of the game like he did mattie mcguigan, but i feel like owen roes have enough power to win anyway. tony devine to catch at least 57 kickouts

It took 3 of the murtin men to take mcguigan out of the game - Crippy had the easy job of standing beside him - Karl Hagan stood staring at him from in front.  ::) And he still scored 1-4  ::)  ::)

tyrone08

Quote from: WT4E on November 12, 2021, 10:15:34 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 11, 2021, 09:15:34 AM
None of my business but i love in general how as soon as someone does something you dont like they "need to consider their position". That bullshit really grinds. What happens then when the next guy does something you dont like. Call for his head, continue to infinity...

Quote from: clarshack on November 12, 2021, 09:48:32 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2021/11/13/news/tyrone-turned-down-tg4-in-favour-of-streaming-final-2505642/

I think heads do need to roll here. Micky Kerr, Treasurer and McConnell should step down or be removed from Tyrone football for putting money ahead of the population of Tyrone.

Isn't it the job of the County board to raise funds. Emyes the price hike is large but if the money is going into helping the team surely its worth while. Other counties have cheaper subscriptions like Down but look at where they are at compared with tyrone.

£16 is steep for the game, thought £10-12 would have been more than enough if the money is used correctly to bring further success to tyrone then surely its money well spent.

If tg4 had shown it live does the county board get a payment from it?