Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: skeog on October 01, 2022, 06:07:15 PM
Drumquin very unlucky stonewall free not awarded to them Stewartstown broke up field and scored goal.

I will say Drumquin should have had a free in after going a point up but we can also point to decisions as well. Drumquin picked up quite a few yellow cards and probably fortunate that a couple of of their players didn't see black/red. Throwing a ball in somebody's face is a red all day long in my book.

clarshack

Drumquin can take a lot from that game today and make a go of it next season. They brought an intensity and were strong in the tackle. You just knew it had Conor Gormley's stamp all over it.

It was probably the game we needed. Playing the likes of Donaghmore and Errigal 3rds was not great preparation for a proper championship game like today. Drumquin were probably better off for not playing Coalisland 3rds.

Goals_Will_Come

WT4E

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 01, 2022, 08:20:50 PM
They are starting to produce county minors as had been a long tradition, most of their teams at underage are playing in grade 1 and have been the last couple of years. They also have B teams in most age groups and have players playing at schools level  - so I'd say they could come strong again at some stage.

Yeah only a matter of years b4 they land the O'Neill cup lol
[/quote]

Cookstown tradionally got handy minor slots.they have one or two decent minors. The lad mcelhatton is talented but has an eye on soccer I hear. One swallow.

And let's not start on the 'B' team stuff again. It was some tanking they handed out today to win it.

sam03/05

They had two players in the team that reached the AI minor final as well the year before, and will have more in the next few years, so it's not one swallow. What handy minor slots would they get, considering they provided AI minor winning captains, as well as medalists at u21 and senior level.

They put the u15 thing on here to bed as well last week, they had a profile of every player in the team, with photos and a pen pic about them, they played a lot of their u13 team as the pen pics showed, including the whole defence. It's pretty clear from those pics and profiles on FB that the G4 team was very much a separate team from the A team. In fact they even played games on the same day, including today, where they played Grade 1 and then the final. Seems a bit of sour grapes.

Quote from: WT4E on October 01, 2022, 09:27:58 PM
They are starting to produce county minors as had been a long tradition, most of their teams at underage are playing in grade 1 and have been the last couple of years. They also have B teams in most age groups and have players playing at schools level  - so I'd say they could come strong again at some stage.

Cookstown tradionally got handy minor slots.they have one or two decent minors. The lad mcelhatton is talented but has an eye on soccer I hear. One swallow.

And let's not start on the 'B' team stuff again. It was some tanking they handed out today to win it.
[/quote]

WT4E

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 01, 2022, 09:53:21 PM
They had two players in the team that reached the AI minor final as well the year before, and will have more in the next few years, so it's not one swallow. What handy minor slots would they get, considering they provided AI minor winning captains, as well as medalists at u21 and senior level.

They put the u15 thing on here to bed as well last week, they had a profile of every player in the team, with photos and a pen pic about them, they played a lot of their u13 team as the pen pics showed, including the whole defence. It's pretty clear from those pics and profiles on FB that the G4 team was very much a separate team from the A team. In fact they even played games on the same day, including today, where they played Grade 1 and then the final. Seems a bit of sour grapes.

Quote from: WT4E on October 01, 2022, 09:27:58 PM

[/quote]

Some decent lads played no doubt and got to be captain (but some questionable inclusions throughout the years - good luck to them) However Mugsy the only man to produce it for you at county senior level. And dont say Raymie please!

clarshack

Quote from: Quarterbackk on October 01, 2022, 06:21:30 PM
Quote from: TirEoghainGael on September 30, 2022, 05:33:26 PM
Predictions for IFC this weekend? Could Tattryeagh cause an upset against massive favourites Galbally?

Yes - Galbally down a lot of men.  Edendork still the team to beat.

I wasn't that impressed with Galbally the last day out, and Pomeroy really beat themselves tbh. The Tatts have a good chance.

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 01, 2022, 11:19:43 PM
Onto schools football for a moment, what the heck in going on at St. Pat's College**, Dungannon ? I was looking at the gradings/sections for the U19 & U16.5 Ulster football competitions for the coming academic year and with seven different grades of competition at U16.5 I thought it was bad enough with Sacred Heart Omagh playing in the "F" grade but then I noticed SPCD entering in the "G" grade! Something must be seriously wrong at a Catholic co-ed secondary school of about 800 students in an area where Gaelic football is very popular for them having to resort to entering at the lowest grade, the school that Art McRory once helped blood a lot of future club & county footballers through in the past (if I'm not mistaken)? In their same section is Drumragh Integrated and St. John's Dromore, the latter being the smallest post-primary school in Tyrone.

I wonder if it's time for the Tyrone County Board to look at offering a helping hand at both St. Pat's College and Sacred Heart Omagh, because with the amount of students at both places (even allowing for the "town" factor for each) they really should be ideally competing at higher grades than what they are right now, should be "C" or "D" at least?

** (note - not the Academy next door!)

St.Pats College is pretty much a different school these days. It's probably the most multiracial school in the North now. When Big Art was there, there were lots of players from say the likes of Eglish, Galbally, Pomeroy etc (GAA strongholds) but pupils from those areas go to different schools now such as Armagh, Ballygawley, Donaghmore and Carrickmore. Donaghmore Convent used to be an all girls school but boys have been going to it for a while now which wouldn't have helped the College's cause.

Brian McGuckin and Conor McMahon are currently teaching in the school so it's a real pity that they don't have more players from the local GAA clubs to work with.

Norf Tyrone

Onto schools football for a moment, what the heck in going on at St. Pat's College**, Dungannon ? I was looking at the gradings/sections for the U19 & U16.5 Ulster football competitions for the coming academic year and with seven different grades of competition at U16.5 I thought it was bad enough with Sacred Heart Omagh playing in the "F" grade but then I noticed SPCD entering in the "G" grade! Something must be seriously wrong at a Catholic co-ed secondary school of about 800 students in an area where Gaelic football is very popular for them having to resort to entering at the lowest grade, the school that Art McRory once helped blood a lot of future club & county footballers through in the past (if I'm not mistaken)? In their same section is Drumragh Integrated and St. John's Dromore, the latter being the smallest post-primary school in Tyrone.

I wonder if it's time for the Tyrone County Board to look at offering a helping hand at both St. Pat's College and Sacred Heart Omagh, because with the amount of students at both places (even allowing for the "town" factor for each) they really should be ideally competing at higher grades than what they are right now, should be "C" or "D" at least?

Can never understand why there was never an investigation of similar ilk to Holy Cross Collage. One of the biggest schools in the North.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Quote from: Quarterbackk on October 01, 2022, 06:21:30 PM
Quote from: TirEoghainGael on September 30, 2022, 05:33:26 PM
Predictions for IFC this weekend? Could Tattryeagh cause an upset against massive favourites Galbally?

Yes - Galbally down a lot of men.  Edendork still the team to beat.

Not sure thats true about Galbally, think there is only a doubt over their centre back who went off against Pomeroy, and some very talented young players don't even make the match day squad.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 02, 2022, 05:55:22 AM

Can never understand why there was never an investigation of similar ilk to Holy Cross Collage. One of the biggest schools in the North.

I've a nephew in HCC and he said it's just a soccer school similar to St Columb's in Derry. Apparently a few members of staff are really pushing GAA the past few years but nephew will be gone before anything happens from that.

Logically you couldn't expect much from them when you see the clubs surrounding them in the lower divisions of Tyrone football. Strabane didn't field a minor team for games this year! I'm not sure if they take children from Doengal but the likes of Lifford and Castlefin aren't big GAA areas either.

An Watcher

Barney Gormley is the Head of PE there now so think that's where the push is coming from

clarshack

The shocking start from Urney in the first couple of mins cost them in the end.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: An Watcher on October 02, 2022, 01:32:21 PM
Barney Gormley is the Head of PE there now so think that's where the push is coming from

Barney Gormley has been head of PE there for the past 20+ years

clarshack