Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 8964079 times)

Mikhailov

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #45345 on: May 22, 2022, 12:06:37 PM »
This is where we should have a Junior B league - most other counties especially in the south have that sort of level. Keeps guys playing football or hurling and at a level where they are competitive every week.
If there was a Junior B in Tyrone, then I feel more clubs would enter a ‘3rds’ team just to play at that level.
In junior at the minute, we have Stewartstown, Aghaloo & Strabane who all got relegated from a very competitive intermediate last year - those 3 will hand out some hammerings this year but if there was a Junior B then some of that could be avoided.

A junior B, could have a Dungannon, Omagh, KC, Carmen in it plus some other clubs who have the numbers. Donaghmore, EC & Fianna are more suited to a Junior B type league

Those 3 top level clubs in junior at the minute could well win Ulster this year, especially Stewartstown who have a great forward line but Aghaloo & Strabane will run them close as will a few other clubs especially in the Championship

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #45346 on: May 22, 2022, 12:37:59 PM »
You've just written Aughers teamtalk for the rest of the season

Mikhailov

• View Profile
« Reply #45347 on: May 22, 2022, 03:19:52 PM »

If that is the case then I will put a bet on them to win it. Cheers for that

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #45348 on: May 22, 2022, 07:52:40 PM »

If that is the case then I will put a bet on them to win it. Cheers for that

Fergal McConnell has that well sorted don't worry

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45349 on: May 23, 2022, 10:44:09 PM »
Said email Fionn.

"The League will start once the Tyrone u20s are finished.

If Tyrone u20s reach the All Ireland, we will play round 15 of the reserve league on Friday 13th May at 7-15pm

There will be play offs for promotion and relegation. .

Initially, games on Friday night will throw-in at 6.30pm and 7.45pm. This will change to 6.45pm and 8.00pm when light allows.

There will be a holiday break following the round of games on Friday 1st July and the league will recommence on Friday 15th July.

We are aiming to complete the league in full before commencing the Championship. The full Championship draw will take place within the next few weeks. "
Thanks Norf, though it still doesn't make clear what format such play-offs will be - I'll presume for the time being that they're the same as they were pre-pandemic.
FAKE NEWS KILLS

Jimbop

• View Profile
« Reply #45350 on: May 24, 2022, 01:47:20 PM »
Not surprised by the Moortown result as they seem to be an up and coming team while that good side Clonoe had appears to be on the decline.

The Loughmacrory/Greencastle result - surprised there’s not much chat here about it. Shocking stuff. Moy and Donaghmore not much better.

Moortown up and coming? They literally finished in the relegation zone in Division 2 last year! Fair play to them - some result but you can't say you saw that coming! Great result and hopefully they can prove their doubters (me included) wrong.

CoolOneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #45351 on: May 25, 2022, 02:10:53 PM »
The Coalisland thirds project not exactly going well is it  :-X

In hindsight,  they would be better playing division 3 reserves.

Not sure if the senior clubs entering a thirds teams into the junior league / championship understand how competitive it is.  Division 3 in Tyrone isn't full of mugs, its a very high standard for the lowest division in comparison to other counties. It's not a pissing about session as Coalisland are finding out

I wouldn't say it's going any worse than what was predicted, and to imply coalisland were naive enough to think they'd be immediately competitive in g3 is unfair, gave brocagh a rattle in the championship last year albeit brocagh came back and beat them, as the man who launched the thirds project says 'the leagues only for playing in lads', give it another 2/3 years yet

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45352 on: May 27, 2022, 03:31:18 PM »
Speaking of Coalisland, I see some vandals visited their grounds a couple of days ago.  :(
FAKE NEWS KILLS

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #45353 on: May 28, 2022, 08:00:29 AM »
Did Ruairi Canavan play last night?

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #45354 on: May 28, 2022, 11:14:55 AM »
Did Ruairi Canavan play last night?

No. He has joined the County set up. Confirmed.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #45355 on: May 28, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »
County squad up to 45 now.

sam03/05

• View Profile
« Reply #45356 on: May 29, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »
Great win for the minors
Lot of talk about Derry rising
Tyrone are the team dominating underage football at the minute

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45357 on: May 29, 2022, 08:03:53 PM »
Four rounds down in Division 3 and as expected, the four sides relegated from Division 2 are generally ahead of the pack though ourselves & Clann na nGael seem to have made at least a step forward or two so far compared to last year. I'm told Drumragh are missing a few from last year's campaign which is impacting on their current form while Derrytresk also seems to have lost a step. Urney have definitely come down a bit from last year (I wonder if a sudden change of management has been a big factor along with a couple of key players not present from what I've heard?). As for the thirds teams, Errigal have picked up a win, Donaghmore have came in and haven't disgraced themselves so far, and unfortunately this leads to Coalisland - what's went wrong there? Last year they managed to get their first win but they've gone backwards in a big way this year with a score difference of -170 after just four games. The question now must be wherever they'll finish out the league?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 10:08:11 PM by Fionntamhnach »
FAKE NEWS KILLS

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #45358 on: May 30, 2022, 06:25:26 AM »
Promising step from Fintona indeed. You would imagine that there is going to be a bit of a gulf in D3 going forward. Four teams down last year, and it clearly shows at the top of the table, that they are going to be a bit above everyone else but only 3 (max) can go up and that would mean another 3 down from D2 so are we always going to see a top 4 that is stronger than the rest?

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #45359 on: May 30, 2022, 01:05:51 PM »
Errigal 1-3 Dromore 1-6  :o :-\