Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Trillick beat killyclogher on penalties 2 years ago. Ridiculous late finish for the game tonight!

Mikhailov

Under lights has had an absolute nightmare on here tonight.

Lucky for him, it was only on this board - he would have been savaged on Twitter (maybe he did and is)

Under Lights

Shocking to have the game run on to that time. Hard on players being at work all day then scheduled time changes. Hard on prep. But thems the breaks.

I see Killyman got battered.

Under Lights

Seems to be some questions about the eligibility of one of the Beragh players in last nights championship game

Onthe40

Betagh looked sharp at times.. briliant first 20 mins.. could they be senior material in a few years?
Thought the ref in the first game v poor. Blew some bad decisions against Derrytresk . Penalties some drama though

bogball88

Quote from: Under Lights on September 17, 2022, 08:57:13 AM
Seems to be some questions about the eligibility of one of the Beragh players in last nights championship game
Beragh appealed against the Postman's ineligibility and won said appeal as far as I am aware

on the sideline

Quote from: bogball88 on September 17, 2022, 10:24:47 AM
Beragh appealed against the Postman's ineligibility and won said appeal as far as I am aware

Who was the query over?

Tyrone2021

Quote from: on the sideline on September 17, 2022, 11:02:21 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on September 17, 2022, 10:24:47 AM

Who was the query over?

A player who played in America this year, ineligibility was overturned no story here

on the sideline

Is there a season ticket you can buy that allows you to stream all the games? Or do they have to be bought individually? Wouldn't mind sitting up and watching all this weekend.

square_ball

No streaming season ticket which I think the county board is missing a trick on. I'd imagine they'd make as much with a season ticket as selling games individually.

Stan

Personally think all championship games should be Saturday AND Sunday....would be all in favour of replays too.
Men working through the week and only able to get their first pint at 11.00pm? Shocking.

Quote from: Twobounces on September 16, 2022, 10:38:02 PM
Thoughts on a championship game still being played at 22.40 ona Friday night?

Under Lights

Owen Roes big result against Gortin.

Just seen the Fintona result, impressive. Will give Drumagh or Aghaloo their fill of it.

sidelineball

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 17, 2022, 08:53:53 PM
Quote from: Twobounces on September 16, 2022, 10:38:02 PM
Thoughts on a championship game still being played at 22.40 ona Friday night?

An awkward outcome due to the first match running well into overtime along with both Naomh Eoghan & Beragh needing pitch time to warm up prior to their throw-in due to no other available facility at Healy Park in place - a disadvantage of playing games under floodlights. Not quite the first time it's happened though, the Dromore vs. Carrickmore SFC semi-final replay for a few years back at the same venue finished at about 10:30pm that night despite an 8:00pm throw-in!

As to today, we gained our first championship win in five years at Donaghmore vs. Brackaville - first half was fairly nip/tuck with Brackaville doing a decent job in stopping our forwards getting much possession, plus they were more economical with their opportunities. A somewhat fortunate goal for us on the stroke of half time put us three ahead at the break. Brackaville started the second half getting their deficit down to one but once we hit a purple patch at around 40 mins in it was one way traffic and in the end we ran out comfortable winners. However IIRC we face the winners of Aghaloo/Drumragh in the quarter finals and they are the two teams that gave us the biggest hammerings in the league - whoever it is that we face we'll need to be on our "A" game to have a chance of winning against either side.

Also Clogher nearly caused an upset in the second game at Donaghmore, just a point behind at half time and three points up with 15 minutes to go, but Eglish managed to claw back despite Matthew McGleenan getting sent off late on, with an injury time goal by Eglish dashing any late Clogher hopes.

Saw both games in Donaghmore, good evenings entertainment. For play to Donaghmore great facilities and a good team of volunteers behind it.
Fintona were very slick, the superb work at youth seems to be coming to fruition.
In the second game Clogher played very well, lead most of the game. Thought they were very unlucky not to win. Worked hard for all their scores, a lovely range of scores while Eglish depended on a lot of frees.

ONeill

Wonder if that was Stevie's last run-out for CNG last night. He threaded through some great balls when he came on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 28, 2022, 07:44:54 PM
Urney seem to be peaking for the Junior Championship, that's 3 good wins since we beat them well at the start of the month. You wouldn't rule them out.

I think I would be ruling them out to be honest. It will be between the 3 big hitters. Anyone know the last time a team done the double in Division 3?

What did I say about Urney! That's a 19 point turnaround from when they played Glenelly in the league.