Chelsea staff beat the racism rap again..

Started by under the bar, December 05, 2008, 08:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Chelsea get charged for failure to control groundstaff but the allegation that he used racist insulting language to Patrice Evra "could not be proven".    Chelsea dance thru the raindrops once again following on from a similar incident with Samuel Etoo a few years back.   

Maybe they should get their staff to clean up their act as a result instead of coming out with the usual "vindicated" crap that no-one believes.

Gabriel_Hurl

I see you didn't mention Evra getting a 4 game ban

under the bar

QuoteI see you didn't mention Evra getting a 4 game ban

Absolute disgrace and a likely blueski conspiracy.  "Go over and abuse the black player as much as you can, we'll video the whole thing but obviously with no sound".

118cmal

I know a guy in the utd youth team and his season had just finished when this story came out.  He lived with and played alongside Danny Welbeck last season before Welbeck was called up to the senior squad.  His story was that Evra thought he had been called an 'immigrant' by one of the Chelski groundsmen.  However, he said that Welbeck (who was right beside Evra) didn't hear it.  Welbeck said that the groundsmen were being cheeky and making snide comments, but that he never heard that word being used.  He thinks it was a genuine misunderstanding.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on December 05, 2008, 08:42:05 PM
Chelsea get charged for failure to control groundstaff but the allegation that he used racist insulting language to Patrice Evra "could not be proven".    Chelsea dance thru the raindrops once again following on from a similar incident with Samuel Etoo a few years back.   

Maybe they should get their staff to clean up their act as a result instead of coming out with the usual "vindicated" crap that no-one believes.

So if footballer A claims that footballer B racially insulted him, and there is no proof. It doesn't really matter. Where you a member of the police in the 70s, and 80s? Sure he probably did it, so lets jail him.

As 118 states, the account that I read at the time very strongly suggests it was a misunderstanding. Evra over reacted. Not quite as much as yourself UTB though  ;)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Chrisowc

There is an ad at the top of the page telling me I can find interracial singles in my area  :o
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

full back

Quote from: Chrisowc on December 06, 2008, 07:30:06 AM
There is an ad at the top of the page telling me I can find interracial singles in my area  :o

They must know you are into the ebony & ivory chris ;)

Norf Tyrone

Strange that Fergie is not appealing what he describes as the worst FA decision ever, but then again maybe he has not read the report. The report basically calls Evra a liar. The most striking part is that the media and United's PR machine would have you believe that Evra's aggression was racially provoked. However note that the first strike from Evra was before the alledged racist comment was made!

'We find Mr Evra's description exaggerated'

'It was unnecessarily and gratuitously aggressive of Mr Evra.'

'We find Mr Evra's account exaggerated and unreliable.'

'The inconsistencies in Mr Phelan's evidence about the sequence of events are
not just the normal expected uncertainty about detail. They cast serious doubt
on the reliability of their overall evidence.'

[url]http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/C3217BCC-C086-4C5C-8B1B-D0E360A39896/155387/RegulatoryCommissionstatementofreasonsChelseaandEv.pdf/[url]

dublinfella

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 05, 2008, 11:14:04 PM

So if footballer A claims that footballer B racially insulted him, and there is no proof. It doesn't really matter. Where you a member of the police in the 70s, and 80s? Sure he probably did it, so lets jail him.

It was a member of the Chelsea matchday staff that had the row with him.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: dublinfella on December 17, 2008, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 05, 2008, 11:14:04 PM

It was a member of the Chelsea matchday staff that had the row with him.

I know, but I was being theoretical.