Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Any truth in rumour he scored a point before being subbed off?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tubberman

I may actually have to cheer for meath against kildare after this complete farce.
For a mayo man, that's a grave situation!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 30, 2012, 05:31:45 PM
we deserve evry bit of bad luck we get.
hurling chairman should resign.
the co board and mgmt can't say they have notthing to do with this farce now!
i'm actually sickened by all this shite.

+1

A sad day for Kildare GAA. The really galling thing about it is that we don't need the guy. Plenty of good young forwards around desperate for a chance.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Captain Scarlet

so now to make the kildare team all ya need to do is build a rep with a 'weaker' county and get straight into the set-up.
the likes of podge fogarty is an idiot playing for U16, minors and 21s while appearing in county finals for his club.
what if next year geezer is gone (hear its likely) and seanie is doin well. what if he is dropped. wait and see he'll be playin club football in dublin in no time and not playing for cavan or kildare.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on June 30, 2012, 05:37:00 PM
I may actually have to cheer for meath against kildare after this complete farce.
For a mayo man, that's a grave situation!

Ah now calm down, you'd never resort to that?  :P

Stevie g 8

The gaa though they were pulling a fast one changing rules so he couldn't with Kildare this year but this will put the smile on the other side of there face.classic

Captain Scarlet

they did go into a grey area but so much BS surrounding this it's a joke. no one was a winner in this and the ke hurling chairman should stand down in protests if he had a pair. that just made a mockery of the county's top level hurling.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

cavan4sam

Is he eligible to play tomorrow? What about the 13 day rule or does that only apply to the same code?

heffo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2012, 03:52:31 PM

Well there you have it. A county split down the middle, any neutral goodwill towards us totally eroded, the reputation of Kildare GAA badly damaged, the county's hurling championship demeaned and a poor signal sent out to all the young footballers in the county. To all who have facilitated this transfer, I hope it's worth it.

Seriously embarrassing stuff for Kildare. Clearly no-one in Kildare has the balls to stand up to McGeeney.

Financial issue hasn't gone away and will be rearing it's head soon.

Best of luck to Kildare + Seanie tomorrow. I've no more to say on the issue. I hope it will be worth it.

Shamrock Shore

I hope Seanie 'Christy Ring' Johnson gets a good auld fashioned Meath welcome if he comes on tomorrow.

Captain Scarlet

lads the kildare 'success' has come at such a high cost. financially we are fooked and now morally i feel we are bankrupt.
as was said co board are too scared to come at geezer, the last chair left as he wasnt able to get any leeway.
as a kildare man i can honestly say im really pissed off all day, genuinely in a bad mood.

Sidney

Inter-county GAA in my book is a representative scenario similar to international soccer. While I don't think that representing one county should bar you for life from ever representing another county, I certainly think that an "idle period" of, say two full seasons should be required. This would mean that for somebody like Johnston who last played for their native county in 2011, the earliest they would be able to play for their new county would be January 2014.

It would certainly put a stop to oppurtunist, gloryhunting inter-county transfers like Johnston's.

BallyhaiseMan

What's Seanie going to do when McGeeney/Davis up and leave Kildare (most likely) at the end of this year???
Pick another up and coming county to transfer to?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2012, 09:05:01 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 30, 2012, 09:01:36 PM
What's Seanie going to do when McGeeney/Davis up and leave Kildare (most likely) at the end of this year???
Pick another up and coming county to transfer to?
Why wouldn't he continue with Kildare?

I said this on this thread a while ago. It is very possible that things won't work out for kildare and the fallout will be mcgeeney leaving, a post mortum on the big debt they've run up and now how they made a mockery of hurling by parachuting in a player. Will kildare want a bit of sj if this were to transpire, doubt it.