Laois Junior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

If Park are any use they'll beat Portlaoise's third team. If they have anything in them, they'll be more than motivated to do so as well.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on September 06, 2016, 11:06:03 PM
If Park are any use they'll beat Portlaoise's third team. If they have anything in them, they'll be more than motivated to do so as well.

Yes I know but Tommy Fitzgerald would surely jump up a grade or two...He could end up playing Leinster Senior football championship later in the year...

I didn't know Portlaoise used so many in intermediate I just heard that they could loose Tommy and Colm Byrne if Intermediates need them!

I know Park should be beating them but it would certainly be easier with out these two lads..Who if the The Town got to the final could be missing!

I think Rosenallis will win it out in any case!

LAOIS ABÚ

Joeythelips

Can be hard to know with Portlaoise, every other clubs problem is trying to get players in, theirs is keeping the fringe players interested. I played a Div 5 game against Portlaoise a few years back where they had 7/8 average players 3/4 who could not kick it out of their way but they still had a 3/4 young lads who would make most senior teams. Crazy stuff. Their intermediate team seems like a goal scoring machine this year.

OTF

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 09, 2016, 03:52:34 PM
Can be hard to know with Portlaoise, every other clubs problem is trying to get players in, theirs is keeping the fringe players interested. I played a Div 5 game against Portlaoise a few years back where they had 7/8 average players 3/4 who could not kick it out of their way but they still had a 3/4 young lads who would make most senior teams. Crazy stuff. Their intermediate team seems like a goal scoring machine this year.

Crazy stuff indeed,I've being making this point for years, what becomes of the 50 or 60 young lads every year surplus to requirements that other clubs would kill for ???
Apparently no one gives a f*** much more important business to look after like parish rules and DRA or some other nonsense, it would drive a sane man to drink.

Jazus look at the time I'm off to the pub.

BallyroanAbu

Portlaoise only beat us by a point with Tommy & Colm, they are more than beatable and in fairness at this stage it is a Junior A team.  Transfers don't bother me so much as it must be players choice however there should be a one season cooling period before player moves, you will find that 90% back off at this stage.  If the player contiunues on then by all means let him go.

Tintin84

Any thoughts on the semi finals tomorrow night? Which of the four teams left are favourites seen rosenallis against the heath they put up a good score seem to have a plan of how to play, haven't seen any of the other 3, Heard Graigue are strong though?

Tintin84

Two Junior A teams in the final, Park vs Rosenallis speaking to a few Graiguecullen relatives at the weekend Rosenallis seemingly a very good team playing attractive football, Graiguecullen thought all they had to do was turn up. then Park beacting the town heard that was a scrappy game with Park winning comfortably. Have to say hard to see anyone stopping Rosenallis very impressive results all through the championship. Heard Paddy Dunne that use to play with the Rock is over them he can't be anymore then 30. Any thoughts on the final Park will be looking for revenge though has a making of a good final.

El Jefe

Have seen Rosenallis play a few times over the last year or so and they're a good side. They've 2 lads that were playing for their U21's that look very good, a chap Murray in the HF line and Joey something playing in the FF. Both right good players. Sidelines a bit mouthy though!

Heshs Umpire

We've played Rosenallis and P/R in the league this year. I'd say it'll be a close affair. Park have a few experienced lads who know how to win the junior and it just might edge it for them. Rosenallis have been close in the last few years. That was an impressive result against Graigue.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

LaoisHeart

I have seen both play also and they are both good teams, park were impressive against Portlaoise although Portlaoise were very poor on the night, did not see the Rosenallis game but I heard they were also impressive, as for who is over them you are correct in saying Patrick Dunne and he is the guy from the Rock, not sure of his age but I do know he had a serious leg break and this stopped him playing and he was on the fringe of a Laois panel at the time, he is not alone there tho as a guy by the name of Kenny Farrell is joint manager with him, he is from Rosenallis and was playing up until last year and was a very good player, possibly the best Rosenallis produced and as far as I know he only gave up playing this year to take charge with Patrick as they were very impressive over their u-21s last season, Chrisy Smith from Portarlington is over Park and he again boasts a lot of experience, and for mouthy on the side lines, what GAA team is not??

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: LaoisHeart on September 22, 2016, 08:42:34 AM
I have seen both play also and they are both good teams, park were impressive against Portlaoise although Portlaoise were very poor on the night, did not see the Rosenallis game but I heard they were also impressive, as for who is over them you are correct in saying Patrick Dunne and he is the guy from the Rock, not sure of his age but I do know he had a serious leg break and this stopped him playing and he was on the fringe of a Laois panel at the time, he is not alone there tho as a guy by the name of Kenny Farrell is joint manager with him, he is from Rosenallis and was playing up until last year and was a very good player, possibly the best Rosenallis produced and as far as I know he only gave up playing this year to take charge with Patrick as they were very impressive over their u-21s last season, Chrisy Smith from Portarlington is over Park and he again boasts a lot of experience, and for mouthy on the side lines, what GAA team is not??

Thanks for that Kenny.

LaoisHeart

think you have the wrong guy there dave but thanks for the compliment as i could not put one foot past the other

Unlaoised

So who will win between Rathenskia and Rosenallis...

Its on after the senior games on Sunday...Long day for anyone wanting to see the three games and I do but waiting in the cold stand in O'Moore park for nearly 5 hours is a bit much!
LAOIS ABÚ

LaoisHeart

Rathneiska by 4 or 5 for me. Just think their experience will pull them through.

Helix

Rosenallis are a very fit and well-drilled team. Seen in league and championship this year their movement and quick passing and playing at pace similar to their hurling style and with good eye for goals. I feel with more emphasis on the football they could become another Ballyfin-type club having both codes at decent standard (which they had both codes seniors up to late 90's if not mistaken). Up to Park to get key match up with Rosenallis right on the day. I reckon Rosenallis by 6 points or more. Park I feel will need at least 2-3 goals to have a chance of winning it and are potentially still without Sean Tynan to a shoulder injury whom is a loss. Would be nice for Park to win it considering the bereavement of one of their prominent members at the weekend and grandson of one of key players.
Rosenallis for a Football and Hurling double.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail