Laois Junior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Laois Shopping Centre Junior Football Championship - Park Ratheniska v Portarlington, O'Dempsey's v Killeshin, Ballylinan v The Harps, Stradbally v Rosenallis, The Heath v Spink, Ballyroan Abbey v Portlaoise, Graiguecullen v St Josephs
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Dave like the tv channel

You'd expect one of the junior clubs to win this again.......PR or Rosenallis.

Unlaoised

The Heath Portlaoise and Joe's won't be too bad either!
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Heshs Umpire

Rosenallis and Balylinan are through to round two - The Heath and Spink drew.

SCFC

Park, Graigue and Killeshin winners this week. Think Graigue will hard bet.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Results:

05/08/2016
Park Ratheniska  4-19
Portarlington       1-3

03/08/2016
Graiguecullen      3-10
St Joseph's         0-16   

28/07/2016
Ballylinan           1-13
The Harps          0-7   

27/07/2016
Stradbally          0-5
Rosenallis          0-13

The Heath         3-5
Spink                2-8
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Heshs Umpire

Park Ratheniska playing Rosenallis in round 2. They could well meet again in the final. Graigue seem to have a decent chance here too.

BallyroanAbbey

Depending on how ballinakill go in the hurling spink could still have a big say in this championship, they got within two of the heath in the replay without the ballinakill lads and have shown now they have lads well capable of stepping up above junior, it'll probably be between spink, ratheniska and rosenallis which is a good thing. Rather a first team win a championship when at all possible

SCFC

Think park and Rosenallis will reach the final of this if they stay apart in the draw. Park were very good v joes Friday evening. Jim Langton is a fine footballer.

Unlaoised

Portlaoise V Ballyroan could be a cracker Thursday night!
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

I see the Portlaoise Juniors then imtermediates then seniors play one night after another ...If it was the opposite way around I wonder how strong the Intermediates and then the juniors would be...

Not really fair as if the beat Park which they might their team could be severally weakened for the final which is unfair on Park.The system is wrong!
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

To be fair Portlaoise intermediates have three championship games played already this year.
Anyway I'd expect Park to beat them well in the junior.

SCFC

Quote from: Unlaoised on September 06, 2016, 11:35:18 AM
I see the Portlaoise Juniors then imtermediates then seniors play one night after another ...If it was the opposite way around I wonder how strong the Intermediates and then the juniors would be...

Not really fair as if the beat Park which they might their team could be severally weakened for the final which is unfair on Park.The system is wrong!

If Portlaoise get to the junior final they won't be weaker by players moving up to intermediate. They've already used 22 or 23 lads for intermediate this year.

Lobitintothemixer

Be great if park and rosenalis win the semi final games,two genuine junior A teams,but reckon graigue wil hav a big say in things,a good few of the graigue team didnt commit to senior for one reason or another and are happy to kick a bit of junior,maybe thats why graigue struggled at senior level this year