Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Laoiseabu

Semi final draw :   Portlaoise vs odempseys.   Timahoe vs the rock

Laoiseabu

Was at the courtwood and portlaoise match and if  portlaoise keep there six forwards in position and kick in quick ball to their forwards they will come very close to winning the intermediate especially since the other teams are very poor defensively when they are taken on at pace

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 29, 2016, 10:06:17 PM
Was at the courtwood and portlaoise match and if  portlaoise keep there six forwards in position and kick in quick ball to their forwards they will come very close to winning the intermediate especially since the other teams are very poor defensively when they are taken on at pace
O'Dempseys will beat them by 6 or 7

Unlaoised

Was at the Kilvcavan v Barrowhouse Relegation final

Barrowhouse won on a scoreline of 2-8 to 2-4

Kilcavan will do well to stay Junior next year on the basis of what I saw.

The ref could have sent off more of their players near the end as frustration got the better of them.

God I've never seen as many men over 40 on an Intermediate team ...

Barrowhouse were far better and could and should have won by more!
LAOIS ABÚ

haze

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 30, 2016, 09:58:56 AM

The ref could have sent off more of their players near the end as frustration got the better of them.

Yep a lot of 40 plus year olds - though each one of those 40 year olds are a credit to the club and damn good footballers!

A different narrative is 14 man Kilcavan missing 7 players come up short against a team they beat by 6 points only 4 weeks ago in the league final. Fair play to Barrowhouse, some very good young players and better team on the night. Hope they kick on next year and don't end up in a relegation battle. Kilcavan on the other hand will do our best to stay out of junior B!!

Unlaoised

Not saying they weren't or are not good footballers ..Two ex mountmellick men can kick ball but must be in there 40s if not more...Mick Tarpey at midfield has to be more than that...again another fine footballer.

The goalie is a grandad I believe...

Derek O'connell came on he has to be 43/44 ? superb servant in his day...

Pat Hunt must be mid 40s....

You can't expect to stay in Intermediate football with players of that age.

To be fair they never gave in as Kilcavan teams in the past didn't ...

The sending off was deserved the player was frustrated and lashed out ...The Number five for Kilcavan should have really got the line near the end as well.

Malone is a fierce lost to Barrowhouse but the Baldwin twins,Joe Murphy,and Daly can all kick as can the very small corner forward he is a great player to watch!

barrowhouse brought on their own over 40/50 year old in the second half goes by the name of Charlie and he wasn't too bad he made some runs off the ball he was flying it!!!

LAOIS ABÚ

Laoislad80

Kilcavan were without Ronan Gorry Barry Mangan manus dunne Conor bowe all huge losses Gorry alone scored 2-3 in the leauge final against BHouse. Think if kilcavan had of had Gorry and Mangan would of been different game

Laoislad80

On another note I don't understand how you can say kilcavan will struggle at junior A kilcavan have to have their full 15 to compete just didn't have it against Bhouse.

Pablo Escobar

Time for Kilcavan to rebuild. Probably time for a lot of their gallant servants to call it a day. They have given everything. A couple of years in Junior A could do no harm as long as they bed in younger players.

Heshs Umpire

A pity to see Kilcavan struggling but the age profile of their squad is really starting to hurt them. I know they have some promising players in the 14/15/16 age bracket but that's a while away yet.

On the Portlaoise team, I'm not so sure they'll test O'Dempseys. They were deserving winners over Courtwood last Saturday but until our red card there was very little between the teams.

I think O'Dempseys are at a higher level.

Timahoe v The Rock in the other semi-final should be interesting. I haven't seen Timahoe this year but I fancy them to edge this game.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

As many people thought it will be an O'Dempseys v Timahoe final in my opinion ...Portlaoise will however make a game of it...Timahoe should take care of The Rock.
LAOIS ABÚ

Joeythelips

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 30, 2016, 09:58:56 AM

Impossible to judge Kilcavan properly on that performance. One of the smallest clubs in the county, but generally punch above their weight. Although it may be bizarre to see guys in their forties togging out but without these guys there would be no club. As I have said here before, any club of that size  lose even 2/3 players it can be a crippling blow to their chances. They were missing players against Barrowhouse including Ronan Gorry & Barry Mangan who you could argue are their 2 best players. I remember a good few years ago after Courtwood hammered us at intermediate level we dropped back voluntarily as we knew 3/4 lads were packing it in and thinking the club was doomed but it still survived and got back to intermediate where they were beaten after a replay by Crettyard who went on and won the Leinster championship.

SCFC

Handy win for Timahoe in semi final last night.
This is odempseys championship to lose.

Downtheroad

Quote from: SCFC on September 14, 2016, 08:54:24 AM
Handy win for Timahoe in semi final last night.
This is odempseys championship to lose.
By all accounts, some unsavoury scenes at last night's game. Wasn't there but I have heard a few reports which more or less tell the same story of fighting on and off the field. The GAA in general has to take a good look at itself as this type of behaviour is not socially acceptable.