The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTP

Quote from: drillsergeant on March 29, 2024, 07:32:54 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2024, 06:57:34 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 29, 2024, 06:20:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2024, 06:13:44 PMWill they just wait till the next election or will him stepping down generate a by-election ?

It should generate a by election but will anyone be in a hurry to do this?
Sorcha Eastwood's chances much improved.
If the DUP lose 2 Westminster seats and presuming the Shinners don't a single unionist party will be imperative 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MPs_for_constituencies_in_Northern_Ireland_(2019%E2%80%93present)

Can someone correct me if I am wrong that they can survive a by-election being called as we are in Election year? Michelle Gildernew, Micky Brady and Francie Molly all stepping down there seats but no by-elections.

However if a by-election is called in Lagan Valley Alliance will need lot to go there way - turnout would need to strong and most by elections turnout figures aren't great.
JD has not resigned as an MP as yet so no bye election required. If he does it will be called within 3 months. The SF representatives mentioned are stepping down at the next election so again no bye election required.

RedHand88

Quote from: JoG2 on March 29, 2024, 07:02:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 29, 2024, 05:26:44 PMWill he lose his ''SIR'' title?

Imagine seeing these titles bestowed, career elevation through to the leader of the DUP, all this happening through the eyes of his victims. The world can be a very cruel place at times

That's why the victims are to be congratulated. Must have taken huge courage to name someone as high and mighty as that.

gallsman

Quote from: GTP on March 29, 2024, 08:59:09 PMThe SF representatives mentioned are stepping down at the next election so again no bye election required.

Gildernew is contesting the European seat in June. Will she step down if elected? She should, but with Westminster election one a few months later I wonder would there be any point.

Olly

Do you think it'll get to the point when you're not electable unless you've a dark past? Personally, I wouldn't vote for anyone who is clean-cut. They're usually hiding something. That's why Sinn Fein are doing well.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

NotedObserver

The expenses he ran up watching films in hotel room was strange behaviour

Main Street

Quote from: Eire90 on March 29, 2024, 07:52:53 PMallegations against enoch powell too a hero the british right wing
The Good Friday Teardown

Orior

Has Markethill woman Little-Pengelly got a ticket for Sunday?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

marty34

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 29, 2024, 10:20:42 PMThe expenses he ran up watching films in hotel room was strange behaviour

Very strange and not much made of it.

MPs are strange. Claim a lot of expenses too...on strange stuff also.

marty34

Quote from: Orior on March 29, 2024, 10:46:49 PMHas Markethill woman Little-Pengelly got a ticket for Sunday?

I think her husband is getting a new gig with the DE. Although 6 members of the board voted against his going by the report.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: marty34 on March 29, 2024, 10:49:22 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 29, 2024, 10:46:49 PMHas Markethill woman Little-Pengelly got a ticket for Sunday?

I think her husband is getting a new gig with the DE. Although 6 members of the board voted against his going by the report.
He's got the Interim Head of EA post. People will be keeping a tight eye on where the money is being spent.

clarshack

Quote from: Eire90 on March 29, 2024, 07:52:53 PMallegations against enoch powell too a hero the british right wing

Wasn't it Powell that once claimed it was the CIA that killed Mountbatten?

Sportacus

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2024, 06:36:05 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on March 29, 2024, 06:27:50 PMif assembly goes down again could anyone be arsed with listening nolan and crawley talking every day abou twhen it will be back up again.

The rent a mob crowd of "commentators" like David McCann, Alex Kane and Suzanne Breen will be happy anyway
I find Gareth Gordon the pick of the current bunch.  Comes across as down to earth and well informed.

ck

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 29, 2024, 10:20:42 PMThe expenses he ran up watching films in hotel room was strange behaviour

Always wondered why that story never got more scrutiny. A certain type of movie can be expensive.

Orior

Quote from: Sportacus on March 29, 2024, 10:56:03 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2024, 06:36:05 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on March 29, 2024, 06:27:50 PMif assembly goes down again could anyone be arsed with listening nolan and crawley talking every day abou twhen it will be back up again.

The rent a mob crowd of "commentators" like David McCann, Alex Kane and Suzanne Breen will be happy anyway
I find Gareth Gordon the pick of the current bunch.  Comes across as down to earth and well informed.

David McCann always appears balanced.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

marty34

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 29, 2024, 10:50:54 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 29, 2024, 10:49:22 PM

He's got the Interim Head of EA post. People will be keeping a tight eye on where the money is being spent.

True. Jobs for the boys.