Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

They might want to keep their's up a while tho!!

Cleary strained hamstring. Hoping he'll be back for this weekend but unsure at the minute.

Onthe40

Kildress will go in as strong favs but Drumragh will give it a lash, young, fit and plenty of pace..

GetOverTheBar

Free hit for Drumragh, not be a person in the county outside them that thinks they can do it. Good luck to them, would be some achievement.

omagh_gael

Tommy Mullin hit some very important points in second half, Tagg's point was huge too. Benny Drumm got on lots of ball when he came on and settled things keeping it simple.

Under Lights

I have been saying for years that Drumragh and Fintona are massively underachieving. Big numbers, good facilities, good youth, always had decent reseves.

redzone

Quote from: Under Lights on September 28, 2020, 08:54:37 PM
I have been saying for years that Drumragh and Fintona are massively underachieving. Big numbers, good facilities, good youth, always had decent reseves.
Thats what you call achieving right there

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 28, 2020, 10:02:49 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 28, 2020, 08:54:37 PM
I don't think we're even fielding a team for the Reserve JFC this year.

Won JFC and Reserve leagues in recent years, pay not attention to the Covid Year strange things happening this year

supersarsfields

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 28, 2020, 09:47:38 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on September 28, 2020, 10:00:31 AM
Great to be back in a county final. 21 years is a long time. Was a tough game on Saturday but will do the team the world of good especially winning it without Shane Cleary. Couple of the younger lads have stood up which is great to see.

The quick turn around might suit us and doesn't give as much time for the nerves to build especially for the younger lads.

Have to dig that bunting out of the back of the garage now....

SS, if you have any spare green/white flegs on ye, let your club know as it'll stop them telephoning my da's house looking for one to put up on the flagpoles at Healy Park! He wants that one back after the final, win or lose!  ;D

Just as a public service, I got a few green/white** chequered flegs on ebay this time last week from these guys - ordered them on Tuesday, came in the post on Thursday, can't complain for the price.

** Other colour combinations are of course available.

Good man Jimmy. I'm sure Fintona will be getting the colors up as well to support their neighbours!!  :D

Think Prices Lynchs have them in now anyway!!

Onthe40

Drumragh are under achieving at senior level IMO, they should be really in intermediate football with the numbers they have and the fact that they've been in G2 youth for a number of years now.. facilities don't necessarily provide you with a good senior team but it helps for sure..

supersarsfields

We're only really starting to see the benefit of being out in Clanabogan recently. Things don't change in a club overnight and a lot of people have worked hard to get structures into the club that wouldn't have been there when I was growing up. Numbers are creeping up and more people want to be involved with the club which is helping with the coaching so that's having a knock on effect.
We've always had good players, but to be a consistent club you need 3-4 underage players coming up into the senior squad each year. In the past we haven't had that and older players have plugged gaps. Now we are starting to see players coming through more consistently from under age and that has freshened up the squad a lot.

I wouldn't agree with it being a free go on Sunday either. We waited 21 years to get back to a final and no guarantees of when the next one might be. As an ex manager would say, take your dinner when it's hot.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 29, 2020, 10:05:15 AM
Thought it was very bad form to expect two teams to play a championship Semi-final on what could only be described as a beach on Saturday. You would hope it will have improved for the final. It wouldnt have been done before the Senior or Intermediate Semis/Finals.

You must not have been to Omagh before.

oakleafgael

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 29, 2020, 10:14:57 AM
Thought it was very bad form to expect two teams to play a championship Semi-final on what could only be described as a beach on Saturday. You would hope it will have improved for the final. It wouldnt have been done before the Senior or Intermediate Semis/Finals.

Have been plenty of times. No reason it couldnt have been left until after the final.

Angelo

What's the story with Healy Park anyway?

Was there not meant to be major works done on it and that it was going to be out of commission for the next year or so?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 29, 2020, 10:33:45 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 29, 2020, 10:14:57 AM

Have been plenty of times. No reason it couldnt have been left until after the final.

Yeah if you lived in Spain or something. If it rains in any way that pitch is unplayable. That's why it's constantly got sand laid on it. It's actually a great pitch to play on as a result, it just might not look that great.

With no fans at minute though I suppose you are right, they could wait and see then send it to Carrickmore if it rains.

WT4E

What's the odds for Sunday any bookie have them? Drumragh be favourites considering they beat Kileeshil who were favourites for the whole thing according to Shane Cleary.