Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: ross4life on March 26, 2012, 11:45:02 PM
As they say these things even themselves out over the course of the season but did Fulham deserve anything from tonight's performance? United certainly deserved all three points vs Newcastle that day.

Never thought I'd agree with you Ross, but you're spot on. The Newcastle penalty that day was a ridiculous decision. Some you win, some you lose.

Clown

Todays party line that things even themselves out over a season, is this really true? Does every team in football get the exact same dodgy calls for them as against them in a season

Ref didnt have the bottle to give a big call at that stage of the game and season

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 26, 2012, 09:55:56 PM
Quote from: The Worker on March 26, 2012, 09:49:06 PM
certain penalty for fulham turned down in the 90th min.

Thems the breaks.

Stonewall penalty. You are not going to get those in the last minute at Old Trafford though.

Yes and it's only Old Trafford this applies to!

Another one chalked off, move on.

laoislad

Anyone else hear Paddy Crerand on Newstalk today!
According to him Danny Murphy should have been sent off for diving as it was never a penalty! ;D
I can excuse someone being a little biased but Paddy has taken it to a whole new level with that one.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

He must be the only person that seen it that way(apart from the ref).  A pen all day long. Over the 90 mins UTD deserved the 3 points so no big deal.

haranguerer

Quote from: EC Unique on March 27, 2012, 08:42:32 PM
He must be the only person that seen it that way(apart from the ref).  A pen all day long. Over the 90 mins UTD deserved the 3 points so no big deal.

Eh?

EC Unique

What is hard to understand? UTD did all the attacking. They dominated the play up until the last 10 minutes. They played the best football. They deserved to win. 

haranguerer

So you're saying its no big deal that a penalty wasnt given because Utd deserved to win? That makes no sense

thebigfella

yep I think that's what he is saying

magpie seanie

Paddy Crerard wouldn't be known among United fans for getting things right.

EC Unique

Quote from: haranguerer on March 27, 2012, 09:44:33 PM
So you're saying its no big deal that a penalty wasnt given because Utd deserved to win? That makes no sense

What I'm saying is that the best team won on the night, get over it and move on.

Clown

The last game at OT Evra fouled Odemwingie in the box but that wasn't given

Just to the people who continually point to one match in October which evened out the whole seasons decisions

magpie seanie

There's no need to point to one match in October - both teams on Monday night were denied the same number of legitimate penalty claims*. That's in the same game.

If you need to rationalise United's success over the years as being down to refs and conspiracies with the FA or whoever then God help you. United have had plenty of bad decisions against them that probably cost them trophies in recent years (pens not given in FA Cup semis v. Pompey and Everton) and the famous Drogba offside goal at Old Trafford spring to mind.

* United's one was more a pen than the Essien one city got the previous week. Most people thought the Essien one was a stone wall pen (though myself I'm not happy with all these pens given when the ball hits a guys hand).

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 28, 2012, 02:11:12 PM
There's no need to point to one match in October - both teams on Monday night were denied the same number of legitimate penalty claims*. That's in the same game.

If you need to rationalise United's success over the years as being down to refs and conspiracies with the FA or whoever then God help you. United have had plenty of bad decisions against them that probably cost them trophies in recent years (pens not given in FA Cup semis v. Pompey and Everton) and the famous Drogba offside goal at Old Trafford spring to mind.

* United's one was more a pen than the Essien one city got the previous week. Most people thought the Essien one was a stone wall pen (though myself I'm not happy with all these pens given when the ball hits a guys hand).

You can't have your hands raised away from your body in the box when you're blocking a shot. A more clear cut penalty you will never see in your life.

Talk about blinkered it's probably the most nailed on penalty you'll see all season!

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2012, 09:56:31 PM
Paddy Crerard wouldn't be known among United fans for getting things right.

Paddy Crerand = United's Phil Thompson.