Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Clown

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2011, 07:32:48 PM
I don't particularly like what City are doing. At least United, Arsenal & Liverpool have a tradition of developing players to lure players with. City just have the money.

neither do a lot of United fans

1-6 in their own back yard

Billys Boots

I don't particularly like what City are doing. At least United, Arsenal & Liverpool have a tradition of developing players to lure players with. City just have the money.

In fairness, City have run a good academy in the past ten years and won the FA Youth Cup two seasons ago (against Chelsea) with a team of excellent footballers (as opposed to Chelsea's much bigger athletes).  I think Vladimir Weiss scored the winner, but I may be wrong.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 25, 2011, 09:32:48 AM

In fairness, City have run a good academy in the past ten years and won the FA Youth Cup two seasons ago (against Chelsea) with a team of excellent footballers (as opposed to Chelsea's much bigger athletes).  I think Vladimir Weiss scored the winner, but I may be wrong.

In fairness, Chelsea win the FA youth Cup two seasons ago. Carry on.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Billys Boots

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 25, 2011, 10:16:46 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 25, 2011, 09:32:48 AM

In fairness, Chelsea win the FA youth Cup two seasons ago. Carry on.

I apologise unreservedly; it was 2008.  But you knew that, didn't you?  Carry on.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

spuds

Quote from: muppet on October 23, 2011, 06:08:27 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on October 23, 2011, 06:06:54 PM
Shock horror.....a handpicked team of mercenaries costing over a quarter of billion sterling beats another team......oh the glory

Are the United lads locals?
+€€€€
:)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ross4life

Starts for Vidic,Cleverley tonight team in full

Amos
Fabio
Jones
Vidic
Fryers
Valencia
Cleverley
Diouf
Park
Berba
Owen

Subs: De Gea, Vermijl, M. Keane, Pogba, W. Keane, Morrison, Cole

Young bench but plenty of talent hopefully Ravel gets at least 30mins
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on October 24, 2011, 03:28:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 24, 2011, 12:52:14 PM
It is nice to see the order in the Prem disrupted.  Man U and Chelsea don't have as much money
as they did pre financial crisis and the Sheikhs are rolling in it.

Raidio na Gaeltachta was great this morning.

Eist leis seo : Manchester United a haon- Manchester City a se.
An taon uair eile a chaill Manchester United  a haon -a cuig in aghaidh Manchester City chuaigh alex Freguson abhaile and lui se ar a leaba ar feadh tamalll agus do chuir se a chloigeaan faoin pillow .
Is the Irish for Manchester City really Cahirwankin?

:D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

FT 0-3 decent game Cleverley,Berba,Valencia impressed the most & good cameo appearances from Pogba,Morrison next up Everton high noon on Saturday any type of win for United will do.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jonah

Good to get back on the horse with that win last night,yeah it was only the Carling Cup but it was good to get sunday's result out of the system.
Tough game v the Toffees at weekend now,a defeat in that game would be disastrous especially as I think City are playing Wolves ? so they are probably sure of the 3 points.

Mont

good result versus that giant club!!!!
micky mouse cup could be between our 2 smaller neighbours - utd v liverpool

fancy a game every weekend?

BennyCake

Beating Aldershot is grand, but United need to bounce back properly with a win at Goodison. Nothing else will do for Fergie.

NAG1

What is the first choice 11 at the minute then?