Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Started by Ogie, March 04, 2016, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy P

Its a pity it took Saturday nights incident to get a mention of the Senior B championship.

Both games Saturday evening were scrappy affairs and whats more worrying for Castletown surely is the fact that Clonaslee really should have beaten them was it not for Youngs mistake which in turn led to the madness. Its probably unfair to blame all the Clonaslee club here. Youngs actions were disgraceful no argument but to blame the whole club for one or two individuals is not entirely fair and this is not coming form a Clonaslee club person.

I am right in assuming there will be a triple header on the 25th?

south Laois

Clonaslee have been involved in incidents like this many times over the years so it's definitely more than one or two individuals. Its like it's in their DNA or something!!!

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Ogie on September 12, 2016, 09:43:36 AM
A bad weekend for hurling, from the ugly scenes on Saturday night, that needs to be punished hard by the county board, both clubs,

I know the wind had a massive affect on the games yesterday but I thought the standard was poor, especially in the first game

And again the thuggery that Camross brought to yesterday's game, they survived & Keenan will be back the next day, should have got a straight red & Delaney also survived,

Rathdowney Errill still look the class act, fitter and more game smart than any of the others left

We seem to be going back to the bad days instead of progressing with hurling in this county

TBH the sideline werent much better . Disgraceful to see what went on with them

Thewildcat

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 10, 2016, 08:59:06 PM
Once again james young and clonaslee have disgraced themselves tonight, regardless of his stature the man deserves a lifetime ban and the club should be suspended for a year

what stature, never seen him do much in his inter county days apart from taking frees. as for disgraced himself he didn't lick it off the ground  ::)

Keyser Söze

Bad weekend overall for Laois hurling. Interesting to see what action the CB take.

Both Senior B semi finals were shocking poor. It doesn't really matter who wins it- they will most likely be in for a short stay at Senior.

I disagree that BK did not have a large enough lead at half time. 10 points in a sizeable lead for an experienced team to hold.
Ballinakill just will not go away!

Camross lost the plot completely and I'd imagine that the ref thought they were f**ked and just didn't bother sending more off. Their line had to sense to take lads off who looked like they were going to join Keenan. RE well and truly blew an amazing position.

I don't understand the sense in a two week gap to the replays. A double header next Saturday in Mountrath at 3 & 5pm would have attracted some crowd!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Dave like the tv channel

Just be careful with with you're saying on here lads. The written word is easy to track.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Thewildcat on September 12, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 10, 2016, 08:59:06 PM
Once again james young and clonaslee have disgraced themselves tonight, regardless of his stature the man deserves a lifetime ban and the club should be suspended for a year

what stature, never seen him do much in his inter county days apart from taking frees. as for disgraced himself he didn't lick it off the ground  ::)

Although he mightnt of contributed more than frees during his intercounty days he is probably the most renouned name nationally of a laois hurler in the last 15 years along with willie hyland, interestingly hes manager of slieve bloom who happen to be playing castlletown in a junior semi final as if that game needed any more tension

finbar o tool

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 12, 2016, 06:40:06 PM

Camross lost the plot completely and I'd imagine that the ref thought they were f**ked and just didn't bother sending more off. Their line had to sense to take lads off who looked like they were going to join Keenan. RE well and truly blew an amazing position.

i certainly hope the ref didnt think anything like that! what bullshit!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

HURLING1

A lot of negativity about matches but have to say Cha  and Zane were both brilliant  despite being at least double marked

Keyser Söze

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 12, 2016, 09:01:27 PM

i certainly hope the ref didnt think anything like that! what bullshit!

Why do you think he didn't send them off then?
Do you think if Keenan hadn't already of been sent off would Delaney have survived?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

finbar o tool

What i meant was its bullshit from Lawlor, those thoughts shouldnt be entering his head, hes getting paid to do a job. he bottled it, for whatever reason. Broughan the same. Delaney deserved a red card, i think it was Daryl Dooley hit Joe Fitz too, could have been another red.

Poor games but the weather spoiled things a bit too, we just didnt get to see the games flow. i think on a normal day both RE and BK should win as they have the more skillful players overall. But both waste a lot of ball too and Camross and Ballinakill are dogged and dont give in.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Jimmy P

Bad weekend overall for Laois hurling. Interesting to see what action the CB take.

Both Senior B semi finals were shocking poor. It doesn't really matter who wins it- they will most likely be in for a short stay at Senior. The same was probably said of Portlaoise this year and Ballinakill before them. A team needs the exposure of senior hurling at the very least pretty lazy statement from you to be honest

BallyroanAbu

Downtheroad

Both Senior B semi finals were shocking poor. It doesn't really matter who wins it- they will most likely be in for a short stay at Senior.

I disagree that BK did not have a large enough lead at half time. 10 points in a sizeable lead for an experienced team to hold.
Ballinakill just will not go away!

I don't understand the sense in a two week gap to the replays. A double header next Saturday in Mountrath at 3 & 5pm would have attracted some crowd!
Co Board are dead right to put on a double header in O'Moore Park. I expect a minimum crowd of 3000 which can bring in €30,000  which  is nothing to be stiffed at.  Logistically, Mountrath  cannot cope  with such numbers and throw in the Irish weather.