Dinny Breen

Hmm, what to discuss

Financial Doping
Home Ground
Death Rattle of the Leinster SFC
€35 on the day ticket price
attendance
Fixtures - 3 games on the trot for Kildare

I suppose we could take about the football but would it serve any real purpose.

Kildare were very wasteful in the first 20 mins against Longford, a repeat against Dublin will see the game over pretty much by then, so we need to be as clinical as we have ever been to have any chance . I suspect we will go for it but as always with Kildare we will give up 1 or 2 soft goals and that will suck momentum and life out of us. Dublin won't be great, but they won't need to be. They will win by 8/9 points. 

#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Ewans back.

Can Kildare put up a performance against greatest naturally gifted team of any sport ever? or will they fold early.
Will Kildare go ultra defensive?
Will their be a tale back of 4x4s on the N7 for this?
With Kildares resources and population, they should be able to compete?

Rossfan

And after 4 games Kildare go to Round 2.
Sligo after 1 game in mid May go to Round 2.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2019, 12:25:46 PM
Maybe there are more counties in Leinster
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2019, 12:35:31 PM

Maybe the structures are shit and still unfair after over a 100 years.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on June 05, 2019, 12:24:01 PM
Ewans back.

Can Kildare put up a performance against greatest naturally gifted team of any sport ever? or will they fold early.

Ha! Most posters know my opinion of Ewan, he's actually claiming he highlighted the financial doping/home advantage that Dublin have. Fair to say he pretty much robbed it all from here and added his own research.

Kildare is more electric motors that 4x4s these days.

We don't do ultra defensive.

What resources? All the grant monies go to Dublin. A large part of our population tends to made of up immigrants from Dublin who have no sense of community or inclusion.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2019, 01:55:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2019, 12:35:31 PM

Maybe the structures are shit and still unfair after over a 100 years.
The qualifiers are banjaxed as a concept
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2019, 02:01:25 PM
Ewans back.

Ha! Most posters know my opinion of Ewan, he's actually claiming he highlighted the financial doping/home advantage that Dublin have. Fair to say he pretty much robbed it all from here and added his own research.

What resources? All the grant monies go to Dublin. A large part of our population tends to made of up immigrants from Dublin who have no sense of community or inclusion.

:D here we go again what, its the same hymne sheet.

Dublin get good grant money yes and put it to good use for the betterment of the children, club members and non club members, sons and daughters of, as you put them, immigrants from the country" or as i would put them, my fellow country man, women.

Sure Kildare was always part of Dublin, like parts of Meath and Wicklow, some Wicklow teams play in the Dublin leagues.

You cant blame Dublin for the years of wastefullness by the Kildare GAA comunity, some massive clubs, lots of money, lots of wealthy individuals, all put to waste, In particular extortionite amounts of cash to previous managment regimes.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on June 05, 2019, 02:14:40 PM
Ewans back.

Dublin get good grant money yes and put it to good use for the betterment of the children, club members and non club members, sons and daughters of, as you put them, immigrants from the country" or as i would put them, my fellow country man, women.

Sure Kildare was always part of Dublin, like parts of Meath and Wicklow, some Wicklow teams play in the Dublin leagues.

You cant blame Dublin for the years of wastefullness by the Kildare GAA comunity, some massive clubs, lots of money, lots of wealthy individuals, all put to waste, In particular extortionite amounts of cash to previous managment regimes.

Any examples here? And I mean actual facts. The Dublin grant money is black and white, irrefutable.
#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2019, 02:26:00 PM
Ewans back.

Any examples here? And I mean actual facts. The Dublin grant money is black and white, irrefutable.

It is irrefutable, and its brilliant for Dublin GAA and for children of non gaa backrounds to get the chance to express themselves at our national game, if anything more cash should be injected into it, needs expansion.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2019, 02:26:00 PM
Ewans back.

This guy can't be Ewan McKenna, sure he never bothers with fact in his reporting.

From the Bunker

Dublin GAA remaind me of a nature documentary I once seen on the Cuckoo. You probably have all seen it. The Cuckoo lays her egg in another species nest. All the eggs hatch out and the Cuckoo chick proceeds to push all the other hatched chick out one by one. It proceeds to get fed on its own by the unbeknownst Parents of the other chicks. 

Donnellys Hollow

It was?  ???

Massive clubs in Kildare?  ;D

Numbers wise you're probably only looking at Naas and maybe Celbridge at a push. They would also be the two strongest hurling clubs in the county at the moment and promote both codes 50/50. The other big clubs in the county like Moorefield and Sarsfields have very little hurling.

Newbridge is evenly split between Moorefield and Sarsfields. The rivalry probably benefits football in Newbridge compared to Naas which has become too big for one club.

The likes of Athy, Round Towers (Kildare town) and Clane would be no different from any other small town clubs in other counties. Leixlip is split between St Mary's and Confey and the place is full of Dubs. Maynooth is also a smallish club because the place does not have a big native population once you factor in the number of students living there.

Kildare football teams would still have a big representation from smaller rural clubs like Johnstownbridge, Carbury, St Laurence's, Two Mile House, Allenwood, Monasterevin etc.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Blowitupref

Kildare's form is simply not there this year the loss of Daniel Flynn to their side can't be underestimated. Finished 4th in Div 2 (much worse than Div 1 relegation last year when they gave a good account of themselves in most games) and in the championship thus far fell over the line against Wicklow and needed two games to beat a Longford team missing some key players. 3 games in 3 weeks is certainly something Kildare could have done without especially when that 3rd game is v the Dubs in Croke park

Dublin 3-17 Kildare 0-12 i reckon.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ohtoohtobe

Paul Cribbin's probably a bigger loss than Daniel Flynn. If we had those two we could keep it below 10, but we don't, so we won't