Martin O'Connell (Meath)
Robbie O'Malley (Meath)
Colm O'Rourke (Meath)
Peter Canavan (Tyrone)
Seán Cavanagh (Tyrone)
Stephen O'Neill (Tyrone)

Donnellys Hollow

http://www.tg4.com/bearla/clar/gaa125/foot.asp

Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh and a panel of experts from The Star and TG4 have selected a shortlist of twenty five players who they consider to be the finest stars of the GAA in the last 25 years. Now we need your votes to decide who will be crowned the best footballer and hurler of the last 25 years, and who will be honoured during the 125 celebration game in Thurles on 1st November.

I'm sure some notable omissions from the list will cause a bit of debate on here. Disappointed our own Glenn Ryan isn't inculded - possibly ahead of our current bainisteoir. At least their is one (ahem) "Kildareman" included - Eadestown's finest Larry Tompkins!

Maurice Fitzgerald gets my vote anyway. Oozed class with everything he did on the football field. Had incredible skill and it always looked like he found the game too easy to play with the effortless way he did everything. Don't think we'll see a better player than Maurice for many years to come.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ExiledGael

Farrandeelin

If Mayo won an All-Ireland, I'm sure we'd have McDonald on the list.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Madge

This is going to turn out to be such a lop sided poll with the amount of Tyronies on here, you should have to vote for someone outside your county.

Minder

Quote from: Madge on September 28, 2009, 09:06:57 PM
This is going to turn out to be such a lop sided poll with the amount of Tyronies on here, you should have to vote for someone outside your county.

Especially when you take into account the number of aliases O'Neill has.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DownFanatic

Greg Blaney is a serious omission from this list.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bogball XV

Best I've seen is Tohill, the complete footballer imo.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 28, 2009, 09:26:38 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 28, 2009, 09:20:46 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on September 28, 2009, 09:18:53 PM
Greg Blaney is a serious omission from this list.

Spotters badge

Explain?

Sounds like a compliment for you. Its between Canavan, Fitzgerald and Tohill for me. Canavan probably edging it..
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Zapatista

Quote from: Madge on September 28, 2009, 09:06:57 PM

Add to that the era. I for one barely remember Spillane playing. Canavan for me followed by Tohill.

Gold

Anthony Tohill was an unbelievably good footballer and would be my choice. That man drove his Derry team to many victories in a way that ive never seen one man on a team do. Worth the entrance fee alone and i would pay triple any entrance fee to see him if i could see him again in his prime. Awesome
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

Where's Kevin McGourty?

The 90s were when I started watching / remembering football.

Tohill was deadly while McGeeney was the most influential on a team of any individual. Peter Canavan and Maurice Fitz from a skill perspective though.

I don't like the man but I'd still have to say Canavan...

orangeman