Tír Eoghain v Corcaigh - Dé Domhnaigh 10iu Márta 2:30pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 04, 2013, 12:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Might as well get this under way.   :)

Given current performances and form, we might expect a home win. Here's hoping!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

God14

Whats more important here, the points or developing the panel? ...Id like to see Mickey ring a few changes for next Sunday. Six points will likely be enough to secure divisonal status the way results are going.

Colm Cavanagh - needs game time. Ditto Ronan O'Neill, Kyle Coney, Aidan Cassidy, Darren McCurry. With another tough match versus Dublin on the 16th March coming up, id love to see Mickey freshen things up and make a good few changes. We could really do with another scoring forward on the first 15 so it would be a good opportunity for some of these fellas to stake their claim.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You have a point there G14, but you know what Mickey's like: if trying out the newer lads could in any way compromise the possibility of a win, it just won't happen.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nrico2006

Quote from: God14 on March 04, 2013, 11:13:25 AM
Whats more important here, the points or developing the panel? ...Id like to see Mickey ring a few changes for next Sunday. Six points will likely be enough to secure divisonal status the way results are going.

Colm Cavanagh - needs game time. Ditto Ronan O'Neill, Kyle Coney, Aidan Cassidy, Darren McCurry. With another tough match versus Dublin on the 16th March coming up, id love to see Mickey freshen things up and make a good few changes. We could really do with another scoring forward on the first 15 so it would be a good opportunity for some of these fellas to stake their claim.

I agree.  I think we need to try and get more than another one scoring forward though.  SONs best days are behind him and I can't see him being a major force against the better teams in the summer anymore.  We need to get Coney, McCurry/McAliskey, Lafferty and Ronan O'Neill game time to get them up to speed at this level.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Nally Stand

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 04, 2013, 12:14:08 PM
SONs best days are behind him and I can't see him being a major force against the better teams in the summer anymore.  We need to get Coney, McCurry/McAliskey, Lafferty and Ronan O'Neill game time to get them up to speed at this level.

O'Neill is our captain and is top scorer in all three league games to date. I'd be happy enough to keep him on the field as much as possible!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

EC Unique

No reason why a few of the named players can't be played and still win the game.

Knowing Mickey he is not looking to secure division 1 status... He will be looking to win division 1.

Stall the Bailer

There is at least 4 more league games (6 more if we get to the final). A few changes would do no harm, but there is no need to change the team completely. Still plenty of game time to try more players out.
Starting the with the team that ended against Donegal would be 5 changes from the team that lined out at the start. That would be more than enough changes with different subs coming on.

omagh_gael

Young McAliskey could be under pressure to hold onto his jersey this weekend. Has shown enough potential to be in the frame for a start in May, however, Mickey is bound to be tempted to give Coney or R O'Neill a run out in the first XV.

Looking more likely that Morgan has the number 1 jersey in the bag, really refreshing to have someone on the field who is consistent with the long range frees. An asset we've never really had since Peter retired. We are in the great position of having three top keepers at the present!

EC Unique

Not sure about Clarke in full back. Murphy was giving him a roasting yesterday until he was sent off, but to be fair not many could handle him.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: EC Unique on March 04, 2013, 05:15:14 PM
Not sure about Clarke in full back. Murphy was giving him a roasting yesterday until he was sent off, but to be fair not many could handle him.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Clarke. I actually thought he stuck to his task and got plenty of pressure on Murhphy who is hard to mark.

Wouldn't mind seeing a few changes this week but Harte will definitely be going all out for the points. They'll want to get to the semi finals and with 2 really tough away games coming up 2 points here could be important in getting there.

As I said on the Donegal thread I'm not sure who should play the centre half forward role. If Coney was fit I'd like to see him given a go (although I'm not convinced he is the answer). Colm Cavanagh may also get the nod in the half forward line. I definitely think Cassidy did enough to be rewarded with a place in the middle.

Would have no issue with either McCurry or Ronan O'Neill (looking forward to seeing both of them in the full forward line for u21s in a few weeks) getting a go ahead of McAliskey who in fairness has showed well. If Hare intends to play Gormley come the championsip he may also get back into the team. Fitness is very important for him and he needs game time.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 04, 2013, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 04, 2013, 05:15:14 PM

I wouldn't be too harsh on Clarke. I actually thought he stuck to his task and got plenty of pressure on Murhphy who is hard to mark.

Wouldn't mind seeing a few changes this week but Harte will definitely be going all out for the points. They'll want to get to the semi finals and with 2 really tough away games coming up 2 points here could be important in getting there.

As I said on the Donegal thread I'm not sure who should play the centre half forward role. If Coney was fit I'd like to see him given a go (although I'm not convinced he is the answer). Colm Cavanagh may also get the nod in the half forward line. I definitely think Cassidy did enough to be rewarded with a place in the middle.

Would have no issue with either McCurry or Ronan O'Neill (looking forward to seeing both of them in the full forward line for u21s in a few weeks) getting a go ahead of McAliskey who in fairness has showed well. If Hare intends to play Gormley come the championsip he may also get back into the team. Fitness is very important for him and he needs game time.

I wouldn't be that harsh on Clarke either. Donegal were playing a lot of high balls in on top of him and he was doing his job breaking them down, mainly to a Tyrone defender. There's not much any defender can do when a fella kicks the ball over the bar from the sideline.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Why did McAliskey get the curly finger so early on Sunday?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

under the bar

McAliskey was booked early on and getting involved so that  may have been why he got hooked.

LeoMc

Quote from: under the bar on March 05, 2013, 12:18:58 AM
McAliskey was booked early on and getting involved so that  may have been why he got hooked.
Aye, East is East. ;D

Fuzzman

Has Mickey not been subbing him in most matches to give others a game. I didn't think he played that well on Sunday and had his man not dropped the ball he wouldn't have got the goal chance either. It was a tough game for for him as Donegal's FB line is very strong and so most of our scores tend to come from out the field.

I noticed that Shields played corner back for Cork on Sunday with Eoin O'Mahony at FB. Can't say I know him.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2013/0303/371841-cork-v-down/