Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

I assume so as if and when the vote goes through tonight in Tyrone they are planning on implementing it for this 2023 season.

LeoMc

Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2023, 09:24:41 AM
I assume so as if and when the vote goes through tonight in Tyrone they are planning on implementing it for this 2023 season.
I would rather see it implemented next year, rather than another false start. Just let the 17 year olds play Senior or Reserve.

U17's and u13's were out training then told to stand down as u15's were going first. When we stand the u15's down do we start up the u16's or the u18's and u14's?

clarshack

Quote from: LeoMc on February 07, 2023, 09:39:38 AM
Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2023, 09:24:41 AM
I would rather see it implemented next year, rather than another false start. Just let the 17 year olds play Senior or Reserve.

U17's and u13's were out training then told to stand down as u15's were going first. When we stand the u15's down do we start up the u16's or the u18's and u14's?

It's only the first week in February. Would be different if the u-15's was due to start a week later.

square_ball

Clubs are maybe thinking of that drop off from u17s - lads that aren't ready or don't want to make the step to senior or reserve and they'll get an extra year underage football for them at u18 level. I am for it to be implemented this year. I'd imagine they'll just go with the proposed start dates - u15 will now be u16 to start mid March. Shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience to clubs to get that organised.

Under Lights

Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2023, 09:59:58 AM
Clubs are maybe thinking of that drop off from u17s - lads that aren't ready or don't want to make the step to senior or reserve and they'll get an extra year underage football for them at u18 level. I am for it to be implemented this year. I'd imagine they'll just go with the proposed start dates - u15 will now be u16 to start mid March. Shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience to clubs to get that organised.
But the Whatsapp groups have already been created

Wolfetones

Decision should be delayed until next year. There are implications that haven't been thought through caused by the change in start dates for U13 and U17.

LeoMc

Quote from: Wolfetones on February 07, 2023, 12:12:10 PM
Decision should be delayed until next year. There are implications that haven't been thought through caused by the change in start dates for U13 and U17.
Exactly, there will be lads heading to college before their minor season is over when u18 is run later in the summer.
They would also need to get u12 up and running for those lads currently out with u15's who are too young for u16.

LeoMc

Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2023, 09:59:58 AM
Those lads not ready to step up can still play u19 as can those 15-17 year olds who currently have no football until the summer due to the juveniles going first this year.

Wolfetones

Quote from: LeoMc on February 07, 2023, 12:18:31 PM
Quote from: Wolfetones on February 07, 2023, 12:12:10 PM
Exactly, there will be lads heading to college before their minor season is over when u18 is run later in the summer.
They would also need to get u12 up and running for those lads currently out with u15's who are too young for u16.

Correct. There will be a cohort of players at U13/U14 and U17/U18 who will go a full year without a competitive game. Is it right that U17/U18 & U13/U14 get moved to a summer start to accommodate 35 players? 

Tyrone Gaa

Tyrone should follow Armagh tonight and vote to implement the even age groups immediately!! There maybe slight inconvenience but that will allow more boys to play football!! It's a no brainier. If there's a slight inconvenience then so be it.

We should be bringing u18/16/14/12 immediately. Why wait till 2024

Get it done
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

can an accomdation be made.. plough on with the u15s as teams have been out since Xmas and it was due start in 3 weeks, change rest..so maybe u12-15-16-18 ??

Onthe40

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on February 07, 2023, 01:30:46 PM
push 16 back ltr in the year
Do you then bring u18 forward and push u20 back to the summer?

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on February 07, 2023, 01:29:54 PM
can an accomdation be made.. plough on with the u15s as teams have been out since Xmas and it was due start in 3 weeks, change rest..so maybe u12-15-16-18 ??
No u13 or u14?