Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 25, 2014, 05:06:56 PM
If he had Andy Morans ball winning ability he would be a very good player,

Some of Freeman's catches have been the best I've ever seen. Ros v. Mayo in 2013 he made multiple fingertip overhead catches that not even the best back in the country could do anything with. Always been a bit streaky but last year showed the talent is definitely there but he's on such a short lease with Horan it's not hard to see that it's effected his performances.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 25, 2014, 05:25:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 25, 2014, 05:09:10 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on August 25, 2014, 04:39:24 PM
Will Barrett come back in now or maybe he'll leave McLoughlin at wing back and bring in a forward......... did someone say Varley?

Gone from the panel if reports are to be believed

Yeah heard that. Rough on the lad! He has given 4 hard years plus. But thems the calls!

What sort of call was it?! A money one, selection one? Regardless of performance it's incredibly rotten to get rid of a lad right before an AISF in August. Too deep into a season to be dropping players unless they've stepped out of line. He keeps Feeney on the panel and never even uses him..

Looks like Mayo haven't learnt from the Evan Regan issue at all.

turk

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 25, 2014, 02:20:51 PM

Speaking about Limerick, it is now getting to the "embarrassing" stage for us a county, stop moaning and get on with it, we are not bloody walking to Limerick, not a peep out of Kerry this morning as usual, i was listening to Newstalk earlier, we had some Gallagher gombeen on with Pat Kenny, talking about persecution and Michael Davitt..FFS,

I heard that guy and he was a grade A gobshite and national embarrassment.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2014, 05:24:14 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 25, 2014, 05:06:56 PM
If he had Andy Morans ball winning ability he would be a very good player,

Some of Freeman's catches have been the best I've ever seen. Ros v. Mayo in 2013 he made multiple fingertip overhead catches that not even the best back in the country could do anything with. Always been a bit streaky but last year showed the talent is definitely there but he's on such a short lease with Horan it's not hard to see that it's effected his performances.

I remember that game,  Roscommon were very poor on the day in fairness. It wasn't ROC he was marking.

I've seem him play at College level with DIT,he has ability, probaly getting it out of him.

macdanger2

Yeah, awful tough on Varley to be ditched mid season after all he's given.

INDIANA

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 25, 2014, 05:31:38 PM
Yeah, awful tough on Varley to be ditched mid season after all he's given.

You mean Horan asked him to leave? I don't think Varley is up to a huge amount at this level but that confirms everything I thought about Horan beforehand.

macdanger2

I don't know what the circumstances around him leaving were tbh whether it was horan or Varley's decision

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 25, 2014, 03:35:18 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 25, 2014, 03:13:34 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 25, 2014, 02:24:58 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 25, 2014, 12:40:38 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 25, 2014, 11:45:51 AM
As for Limerick? I wouldn't care if it was in Killarney, Kerry had their chance yesterday and blew it.

hmmm...wouldn't be too sure about that. We were not the ones that were 5 points up with 5 mins to go.

We undoubtedly should have done better with the extra man but some of you lads seem to be jumping to some hasty conclusions and ignoring the historical evidence  of the "advantage" conferred by the extra man in gaelic games. This is not soccer you know!

I think Mayo are better but we definitely haven't "blown" anything.

Mayo play a game built on high up the field pressure, they are literally the one team at this stage of the championship that can do without a player to make that happen. They go man-to-man and without one man it left Kerry with options to move the ball. Did Kerry win 50% of their own kickouts in the second half? Maybe, just about! Thats why Kerry have blown it

Yeah, your right of course. What was I thinking. Of course Mayo will now win the replay. They almost won with 14 men so its a definite that they'll win the next day with 15. Football is such a simple game when you get down to it.

Sounds like the yerras are rattled  ;D

No, just puzzled how deluded Mayo people get when they have a half decent result. Did the Donegal result last year not teach you anything ?

Rudi

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2014, 02:07:34 PM

. And every time Donncha Walsh deliberately fouls a Mayo player, the other 14 should rush to the ref to highlight it.
[/quote

Could think of other things I would like to see done to him. Still angry at the animated attempts to get a player from the opposition sent off.

J70

Quote from: Rudi on August 25, 2014, 05:49:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2014, 02:07:34 PM

. And every time Donncha Walsh deliberately fouls a Mayo player, the other 14 should rush to the ref to highlight it.

Could think of other things I would like to see done to him. Still angry at the animated attempts to get a player from the opposition sent off.

Are you angry at O'Shea waving the imaginary card several times?

I honestly don't get why this would annoy people. Keegan kicked out. It was a red card offense. It was his own fault he got the line. The Kerry players were fully entitled to bring what he did to the referee's attention. Would it have been more acceptable if Walsh had merely shouted at the ref that Keegan had tried to kick Buckley?

Everyone is always going on about sneaky dirty stuff on the field, especially when the referee misses it and the offender does unpunished. If the offender goes unpunished, then the other team is denied a legitimate advantage. If that is the case, what is so wrong with the other team's players making sure the referee knows what happened? Its not like the referee is going to act purely on their word anyway. If Coldrick or his assistants hadn't seen Keegan kick, then he wouldn't have got a red card.

Syferus

Only end terrace tickets available on Tickets.ie. Are they just not releasing the sideline tickets even on the uncovered side to the public yet?

Goin Down

http://www.mayogaa.com/news/333627/Ticketing_Details_All_Ireland_Senior_Football_Semi_Final_Reply

QuoteThe Mayo - V's - Kerry All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Semi Final Replay has been fixed for Saturday 30th of August 2014 at The Gaelic Grounds Limerick at 5.00pm

Ticket details as follows:

Clubs
Mackey Stand – (Covered/Seated) Allocated, Numbered Seating – Cairde Mhaigh Eo and Croke Park Season Tickets only 1 ticket per member. We cannot offer a second ticket to members because of the limited capacity of the stand. €30.00 Adults only. OAP/Concession €10.00.

North Stand (Uncovered/Seated) Adults €30.00, U16 - €5.00 Allocated Numbered Seating - Clubs subject to availability, an equal amount to all clubs "pro-rata". Student/OAP concession €10.00.

Terrace – Standing – Adults €20.00, U16 – €5.00 Clubs, overflow from seating in North stand "pro-rata"
It is expected that we will have sufficient levels of tickets for all clubs however with the limited capacity we cannot give any guarantees regarding this fixture. As you will appreciate this is a new ground for us all.

Please have your club orders with us by 6.00pm tomorrow evening at the very latest.

Distribution

South and East Clubs – Wednesday evening at Claremorris GAA Club from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
North and West Clubs – Thurdsday evening at Elverys MacHale Park from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.

Cairde Mhaigh Eo

Mackey Stand – Covered Seating - €30.00 One ticket per Cairde Mhaigh Eo Member

Wednesday 27th August 9.30am to 5.00pm at Office of Elverys MacHale Park
Thursday 28th of August 9.30am to 6.00pm at Office of Elverys MacHale Park

Phone Orders for members outside the County, Wednesday only.

As stated one ticket per member for the Mackey Stand.

North Stand (Uncovered) €30.00 Adults, €5.00 U-16s Student/OAP concession €10.00.

We hope to have additional tickets available for the North Stand for Cairde Mhaigh Eo members subject to availability but as stated the Mackey Stand is one ticket per member.

Great. Those of us outside of the counties involved are left to the terraces either end of the field as available online or in Supervalu. Having the semi final in this venue gets better and better.

Wouldnt miss it anyway.  :-\
Remember This.

Tubberman

Quote from: Goin Down on August 25, 2014, 06:42:29 PM
http://www.mayogaa.com/news/333627/Ticketing_Details_All_Ireland_Senior_Football_Semi_Final_Reply

QuoteThe Mayo - V's - Kerry All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Semi Final Replay has been fixed for Saturday 30th of August 2014 at The Gaelic Grounds Limerick at 5.00pm

Clubs
Mackey Stand – (Covered/Seated) Allocated, Numbered Seating – Cairde Mhaigh Eo and Croke Park Season Tickets only 1 ticket per member. We cannot offer a second ticket to members because of the limited capacity of the stand. €30.00 Adults only. OAP/Concession €10.00.

North Stand (Uncovered/Seated) Adults €30.00, U16 - €5.00 Allocated Numbered Seating - Clubs subject to availability, an equal amount to all clubs "pro-rata". Student/OAP concession €10.00.

Terrace – Standing – Adults €20.00, U16 – €5.00 Clubs, overflow from seating in North stand "pro-rata"
It is expected that we will have sufficient levels of tickets for all clubs however with the limited capacity we cannot give any guarantees regarding this fixture. As you will appreciate this is a new ground for us all.

Please have your club orders with us by 6.00pm tomorrow evening at the very latest.

Distribution

South and East Clubs – Wednesday evening at Claremorris GAA Club from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
North and West Clubs – Thurdsday evening at Elverys MacHale Park from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.

Cairde Mhaigh Eo

North Stand (Uncovered) €30.00 Adults, €5.00 U-16s Student/OAP concession €10.00.

We hope to have additional tickets available for the North Stand for Cairde Mhaigh Eo members subject to availability but as stated the Mackey Stand is one ticket per member.

Great. Those of us outside of the counties involved are left to the terraces either end of the field as available online or in Supervalu. Having the semi final in this venue gets better and better.

Well of course supporters from the competing counties get preference. It would be ridiculous if it was any other way.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

bucko

Think there's a bit of mis information re Varley. He wasn't named in the 26 but I did see him on the team bus as it passed me in Drumcondra.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 25, 2014, 07:06:29 PM
Quote from: Goin Down on August 25, 2014, 06:42:29 PM

Clubs

Distribution

Cairde Mhaigh Eo

Well of course supporters from the competing counties get preference. It would be ridiculous if it was any other way.

I can walk into Super Valu in Ballagh with my best Mayo accent and I'll still get End tickets. The GAA must be making a point about where the town is.