You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on November 14, 2007, 11:50:02 PM
How can you change your first home?
Paint, wallpaper, put a new car port on, tar the drive, add a conservatory, surround sound in all rooms, wireless internet, - the list is endless?
Why? Are you planning a little renovation?

Louth Exile

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 14, 2007, 11:47:02 PM
QuoteJust a quick question for you pints, do you venture south of south armagh for the shopping at all??
Yes, into dundalk and superquinn if I'm around home though I suppose south armagh isn't my first home anymore. 
Why?

You know why yourself now don't you. I need to know which supermarkets to avoid don't I.
You and me would have some craic if we ever met at the shops, you'd be parked in the parent and toddler spot that I was looking for and then when I get to the express checkout with my spoilt child crying, what would be in front of me.... sure it would be you and your sausages and sweets  :D :D
Am I safe enough to shop in Carrick??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 14, 2007, 11:55:45 PM
QuoteJust a quick question for you pints, do you venture south of south armagh for the shopping at all??
Yes, into dundalk and superquinn if I'm around home though I suppose south armagh isn't my first home anymore. 
Why?

You know why yourself now don't you. I need to know which supermarkets to avoid don't I.
You and me would have some craic if we ever met at the shops, you'd be parked in the parent and toddler spot that I was looking for and then when I get to the express checkout with my spoilt child crying, what would be in front of me.... sure it would be you and your sausages and sweets  :D :D
lol aye you'd be alright in Carrick are there many parent/toddler spaces there?
btw you'd go to a big supermarket in Carrick, when there's plenty of small shops, and expect to be served at an express checkout?  See what I mean puckoon, there's not much sense with that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Louth Exile

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 12:04:22 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on November 14, 2007, 11:55:45 PM
Why?

You and me would have some craic if we ever met at the shops, you'd be parked in the parent and toddler spot that I was looking for and then when I get to the express checkout with my spoilt child crying, what would be in front of me.... sure it would be you and your sausages and sweets  :D :D
lol aye you'd be alright in Carrick are there many parent/toddler spaces there?
btw you'd go to a big supermarket in Carrick, when there's plenty of small shops, and expect to be served at an express checkout?  See what I mean puckoon, there's not much sense with that.
They might have some parent/toddler spaces at supervalu, I don't honestly know, but its alright I'd rarely have the boys with me if I was shopping in Carrick. I only go to the big supermarket because they have a better range of sweets ;)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

When they slice ham for you in the shop and they do it with the paper still wrapped around because I want to spend 2 hours picking stuff out of the ham and out of my mouth when I'm eating it!

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 08:00:50 PM
When they slice ham for you in the shop and they do it with the paper still wrapped around because I want to spend 2 hours picking stuff out of the ham and out of my mouth when I'm eating it!

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 14, 2007, 11:13:30 PM
I don't believe in people getting special treatment when it's not needed.
:D

pintsofguinness

What?

It's not special treatment to unwrap the paper from the ham before they slice it! It's common sense!
And the one time I did say it to a girl in the shop (she hadn't the previous 3 times) you should have seen the look she give me!
Would cut you in two!

Tyrones own

On the subject of Deli's, what about when they're making the sandwich and
then wrap it up in the paper, cut it but don't cut it all the way through,
you then have the half of the contents out over your knee trying to get the Bastard
pulled apart, especially if it's sourdough bread. Like you POG, i have begun to ask for it
to be cut all the way through, they look at you like you're growing horns >:(

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 08:07:24 PM
What?

It's not special treatment to unwrap the paper from the ham before they slice it! It's common sense!
And the one time I did say it to a girl in the shop (she hadn't the previous 3 times) you should have seen the look she give me!
Would cut you in two!

Well don't ever ever ask them to cut the fat of the rashers when getting a breakfast roll...Christ i was lucky to get out of the shop in one piece  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 15, 2007, 09:11:30 PM
What?

Would cut you in two!

Well don't ever ever ask them to cut the fat of the rashers when getting a breakfast roll...Christ i was lucky to get out of the shop in one piece  :-\
Was this in Dublin, yeah?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 09:16:05 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 15, 2007, 09:11:30 PM
What?

Would cut you in two!

Was this in Dublin, yeah?

Trim in Meath actually..why?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Just wondering, though I should have known, you'd never get away with something like that in Dublin.

gawa316

Working in an office full of weemin who you thought had went out for coffee, so you proceed to have a monumental shite that you been holding in for about 3 hours. Of course just upon loosening your sphincter (sp?) muslces and there is no way back, they all come galloping back into the office...nightmare!! Do you spray air freshener (but then they will know you are trying to mask a smell) or just leave it in the hope nobody goes to the toilet in the next 45 mins ???

Louth Exile

F**k them, if it has to be done it has to be done

pintsofguinness

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 08:00:50 PM

This once again!
Eating a ham sandwich and find I'm chewing on a bit of f**king paper urrrggghhh!
You try and practice Seva and this is what happenes, you get provoked!