Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale Gael

Quote from: downjim on October 29, 2018, 10:03:44 PM
Disgraceful a club the size of Carryduff poaching other players. Saul were in the all county minor league with a full pick

are they not just sanctioned in as those player's own club aren't in the comp ? hardly poaching but I see your a bit of a WUM
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

downjim

I was told this morning that Poacher is top of Kilcoos list, only as a coach though.

champion1981

lol downjim😂, i wouldnt think kilcoo would have him about the place for all that!!

downjim

They would be a perfect match tbh

champion1981

lol ,did yous not like him when he was with yous?

downjim

Mark Doran and Shorty heading to the Bridge by all accounts, strange

champion1981

mark doran was interviewed  by the magpies to go along with the returning jim mccrory!! tho liatroim want him (doran) as the main man apparently!!

downjim

downjim

Serious question : who are the up and coming coaches in Down. Who will be on everyone's wish list?

champion1981

downjim there doesnt seem to be 2 many within our county getting the chance, mark copeland? paddy muarry,mark doran ,poacher,but these are more in line of trainers tho? i wouldnt like a manager from inside my county to take our senior team for all that!  will paddy stay with burren ??

Cuan12

Brendan Mason, respected, talented and isn't a messer

champion1981

big gregory mccartan is making a bit of noise in london😂

Targetman

Leftmidfield

Burren beat by Scotstown 0.13 to 0.10. Burren were 10 - 3 down after 40 mins but made a great effort to get to within 1 point 12-11. Good shout for a Burren penalty at at the end. Best team won though. Scotstown kicked 7 or 8 wides in 1st half and really should have been out of sight at half time

Dubh driocht

Best team won alright but an unbelievable decision by Hurson not to award a penalty in the 60th minute. Disappointed that all three of our football representatives have fallen at the first hurdle again. County Board timing for the awards questionable to say the least