Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I would have agreed with Sean 10 years ago.

Maybe the stats prove he's correct but today I see more women, less GAA male county players.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

What's the percentage of teachers that did the three years teacher training like st Mary's to ones that did a degree and year teacher training?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: ONeill on April 28, 2017, 09:46:43 PM
I would have agreed with Sean 10 years ago.

Maybe the stats prove he's correct but today I see more women, less GAA male county players.

That's because they are all becoming primary school teachers, that all St Mary's and Stranmillis are turning out these days.  The PGCE courses require 2:1 and first class degrees which more men than women are achieving so the profession is now about 70% female and rising.  The number of men in St Mary's is quite small but enough GAA players to win the Sigerson.

mrdeeds

Isn't there also the risk if this is true that there will be some unsuited to teaching or stuck in a job they hate just for GAA purposes. That's a sad situation.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 28, 2017, 11:08:17 PM
Isn't there also the risk if this is true that there will be some unsuited to teaching or stuck in a job they hate just for GAA purposes. That's a sad situation.

Nail on head

ONeill

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on April 28, 2017, 09:45:35 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 28, 2017, 09:02:48 PM
What non teaching job could they get?
You could be a travel blogger... You certainly like everyone on facebook to know you were in Vegas last week!!
haha there was only a handful of posts. Snapchat was a lot worse to be fair  8)

Travel blogger would be a cracking job for me.

JimStynes

I'm concerned with the amount of county players working for the Bank of Ireland. Disgraceful  ::)

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on April 28, 2017, 11:43:00 PM
I'm concerned with the amount of county players working for the Bank of Ireland. Disgraceful  ::)

I'm concerned with teachers who don't know when to use "amount of" and when to use "number of"...

Hardy

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

I'm concerned with teachers who don't know when to use "amount of" and when to use "number of"...

Yes, we could do with less fewer of those.

ONeill

Seriously though......you can nearly smell July.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on April 29, 2017, 10:22:59 AM
Seriously though......you can nearly smell July.

Not at that stage yet! Reports.

JimStynes

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

That's Monday morning's lesson sorted.  ;)

Owen Brannigan

The case that put a major spoke in the wheel of the planned early retirement of 120 older teachers in their late 50s to be replaced by 120 younger unemployed teachers has begun today.  It's hard not to have sympathy for such an experienced and enthusiastic teacher who has not managed to gain full-time employment in teaching when it is planned that those with less experience and a lower salary cost will be given preference.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/scheme-to-get-jobs-for-up-to-120-new-teachers-in-northern-ireland-discriminatory-court-hears-35677136.html

Estimator

Teacher scheme legal challenge dismissed
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39976668

Well that's the end of that!
Ulster League Champions 2009