Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

If Tyrone are to progress to the last 8 that was the perfect game to build momentum. Reminded me of Mayo last year v Derry.

Badly need forwards who know how to score though. McAliskey single-handedly drove us on until a few misses and the doubts reappeared in his game. Some of the wides from other players were like something you'd see from an Armagh or Derry player.

That game will stand to Colm Cavanagh...he actually improved as the game progressed. Sludden a well marked man this year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

I'm nearly certain I remember Neilan being admonished for his interpretation of the advantage rule on previous occasions. He was brutal in this regard yesterday and must be so frustrating to play a game when this is present.

tippabu

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 10, 2018, 09:48:49 AM
I'm nearly certain I remember Neilan being admonished for his interpretation of the advantage rule on previous occasions. He was brutal in this regard yesterday and must be so frustrating to play a game when this is present.

he was awful in the tipp armagh qualifier last year for both teams. I didnt think he was too bad yesterday but the non free at the end was a shocking call, i know this is wrong way to think but if it was a free to win the game i could understand not giving it but when it was a chance to level it up. similar to tyrone getting one last attack to level it up and they did so 45 secs or so over the allotted time, that time was deservedly put on top of the added time but if the game had been level it would have blown up straight at the time given

armagh disallowed goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4kJCEHDjTY

tipp 3 points down in injury time given no advantage aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwRfSavCBQ

BennyHarp

Not to mention his own unique interpretation of the black card rule.

As someone said earlier Tyrone may have found it easier to get frees but to me that was because Meath were so bloody obvious with their fouling. In extra time they weren't even pretending to try and tackle properly.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on June 10, 2018, 09:33:34 AM
If Tyrone are to progress to the last 8 that was the perfect game to build momentum. Reminded me of Mayo last year v Derry.

Badly need forwards who know how to score though. McAliskey single-handedly drove us on until a few misses and the doubts reappeared in his game. Some of the wides from other players were like something you'd see from an Armagh or Derry player.

That game will stand to Colm Cavanagh...he actually improved as the game progressed. Sludden a well marked man this year.

"Some of the wides from other players were like something you'd see from an Armagh or Derry player. "

Priceless
Tyrone of course have world class forwards

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rois

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 10, 2018, 09:33:34 AM

"Some of the wides from other players were like something you'd see from an Armagh or Derry player. "

Priceless
Don't think you've read too many of O'Neill's posts...

ONeill

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

Dunno about that. Some of them Brazilian gaels are pure lethal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Quote from: give her dixie on June 10, 2018, 02:16:47 AM
And what would be so wrong in showing solidarity to these lads in Gaza playing football in Dublin and Meath jerseys at a time when the world has forgotten them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbDAj0QcnPs

Where did I say there was anything wrong with showing solidarity? Absolute whataboutery. No surprise from you though.

That is completely unrelated with me wanting to go to a dirndl match to watch football. Your desire to make a political statement is second to that. If you block my view repeatedly during play, you'll be told to cop the f**k on pretty quickly.

gallsman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 01:46:38 AMit seems you're just dandy with medics and kids being systematically taken out with the latest US 'precision' hardware! And those whinging whiners behind only had to get off their fat arses and shift a metre or two to the left or right to relieve their soft discomfort.

No, I'm not.

Do you or GHD not get how bad your hypocrisy is?!

I state that I would hypothetically not want to have my view of a football match obstructed. Whether it's a Palestinian flag or an Israeli flag or or a Tyrone flag is irrelevant. Get accused of endorsing genocide. Embarrassing stuff lads.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 01:46:38 AMit seems you're just dandy with medics and kids being systematically taken out with the latest US 'precision' hardware! And those whinging whiners behind only had to get off their fat arses and shift a metre or two to the left or right to relieve their soft discomfort.

No, I'm not.

I state that I would hypothetically not want to have my view of a football match obstructed. Whether it's a Palestinian flag or an Israeli flag or or a Tyrone flag is irrelevant. Get accused of endorsing genocide. Embarrassing stuff lads.

So the Gardaí should be on hand, like yesterday, to remove anyone with any flag at a football match if they happen to be obstructing someone's view? Seems a bit draconian to me.
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

If you go to a dirndl match to why are you expecting to see football?

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2018, 11:37:06 AM

No, I'm not.

So the Gardaí should be on hand, like yesterday, to remove anyone with any flag at a football match if they happen to be obstructing someone's view? Seems a bit draconian to me.

If a complaint is made, as per the statement from the Gardai, then yes, of course they should respond.

If they're inexplicably there to keep watch over anyone with a Palestinian flag because of some dodgy communication between them/sky/the GAA, then it's undoubtedly quite sinister and worrying.

It is unclear which of the two above scenarios was at play yesterday. I'm certainly skeptical of GHD's account of being told he was inciting racial hatred, especially given how he twisted my desire to watch a football match unimpeded into me having an issue with lads showing solidarity with Palestine.

Hardy

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2018, 11:37:06 AM

No, I'm not.

If a complaint is made, as per the statement from the Gardai, then yes, of course they should respond.

If they're inexplicably there to keep watch over anyone with a Palestinian flag because of some dodgy communication between them/sky/the GAA, then it's undoubtedly quite sinister and worrying.

It is unclear which of the two above scenarios was at play yesterday. I'm certainly skeptical of GHD's account of being told he was inciting racial hatred, especially given how he twisted my desire to watch a football match unimpeded into me having an issue with lads showing solidarity with Palestine.

I thought that was a major escalation of the issue, to be fair.

Amyway, the GAA cannot allow itself to be used as a platform for any political cause, no matter how worthy. If members don't understand that, there's no use in discussing it with them. It is worrying, though, that the guards may have a particular attitude to supporters of a particular cause.

Hardy

Quote from: tippabu on June 10, 2018, 10:01:09 AM

he was awful in the tipp armagh qualifier last year for both teams. I didnt think he was too bad yesterday but the non free at the end was a shocking call, i know this is wrong way to think but if it was a free to win the game i could understand not giving it but when it was a chance to level it up. similar to tyrone getting one last attack to level it up and they did so 45 secs or so over the allotted time, that time was deservedly put on top of the added time but if the game had been level it would have blown up straight at the time given

armagh disallowed goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4kJCEHDjTY

tipp 3 points down in injury time given no advantage aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwRfSavCBQ

If you were to suggest that in any other sport you'd be laughed out of the conversation. Unfortunately, you may be spot on – I do think GAA referees actually think this way!

gallsman

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2018, 11:52:12 AM
I thought that was a major escalation of the issue, to be fair.

If, and I mean if, the statement from the Gardai is an accurate representation of the events, then the individual in question was arrested after becoming abusive. I don't find that too much of an escalation.