The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on July 21, 2017, 04:36:16 AM
Will be an interesting week next week as the trumpster tries to take meuller down
Masha Gessën is a Russian journalist with a lot of experience with autocratic leaders. When Trump was elected she said the only loyalty he would have would be tó family. Autocrats are paranoid. They fear betrayal Trump attacked Sessions this week. I bet he has made himself a lot of enemies in DC. The GOP made a deal with the devil.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2017/07/19/hacking-the-vote-trump-russia-who-helped-whom/

"Using data culled from its database of 5,000 bits of personal information—such as religious affiliation, gun ownership, and buying habits—on 220 million Americans, Cambridge Analytica was able to determine where Trump had the best chances to motivate people who typically didn't vote, where Clinton's support among legacy Democrats was weak, and where the candidate himself should show up, especially in the last days of the campaign.

You can create more personas in Twitter, for example, which makes it look like there are more people than there really are. It's a strategy, essentially, that amplifies your appearance. So what they do is, they launch those simultaneously....The goal is to get...in the top of [the] Twitter stream so mainstream media has to respond to that story. When mainstream media responds to it or looks at it without commenting on it, it takes over organically and you'll see it move over the Internet like a virus.

Lapowsky observed recently in Wired, "...there's nothing preventing a Russian actor or anyone else from reading the news and understanding the American electorate, and thanks to readily available digital tools, targeting that electorate is simple."

the most useful of all are "the identifiers stored in public registration databases that signal a person's [party] affiliation or primary history." These are the most predictive of "persuadables"—the holy grail of campaigns, and in Trump's case, the people who were crucial to his victory. "

It is a real pity that Trump is useless and has the attention span of a child who is too tired

bennydorano

Would there be a frontrunner for the next Democratic Presidential hopeful at this stage? Take it Hillary is goosed?

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2017, 09:15:25 AM
Would there be a frontrunner for the next Democratic Presidential hopeful at this stage? Take it Hillary is goosed?

Along with death and taxes I think the only other certainty is that Hillary will not be getting the Democratic nomination ever again!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on July 21, 2017, 09:17:38 AM

Along with death and taxes I think the only other certainty is that Hillary will not be getting the Democratic nomination ever again!

Pocahontas is the current front runner, she is a turd and she is on pace to beat Trump in 2020 according to your polls kids, congratulations.  :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2017, 07:51:44 PM
Where is the ignore feature? It worked a treat with Stew but I really need it for this obnoxious fox cretin.

Run away you cowardly idiot, do what all you snowflake do when confronted with reality!  :)

I fairness I did block gallbladder and he is still blocked to this day, not for political reasons, simply because he was and is an arrogant egotist who looks down at everyone as he gulps his very expensive whiskey, how expensive you ask? Just ask him )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

Who is "Pocohontas" and why are you calling her that?

mrdeeds

Trump was talking about the Bastille Day celebtations and wondered how balloons stay in the air. Apparently nobody knows.

seafoid

If the Dems put forward a lab rat it would probably win next time.

bennydorano

I wouldn't be so sure of that. His target demographic won't give a shit and would likely come out in their droves if he stood again.

Gabriel_Hurl

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 21, 2017, 05:05:11 PM
Spicy has resigned  >:(
He wasn't very comfortable lying and he fell out with Trump over something

Oraisteach

Such a shame that Melissa McCarthy's acting career is finished!

omochain

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 21, 2017, 12:03:00 PM

I believe he is referring to Elizabeth Warren. Senator from Massachusetts. She has a small piece of Native American Dna in her and it is what the right use to denigrate her. She is one of the few people who have taken on Wall Street and won. The right are scared "shitless" of her. Do not understand why Stew is so dismissive, she would be of a similar stripe to Bernie Sanders but smarter and Stew supported Bernie until recently. But I forgot Stew is a perfectly balanced Harps man. He has a chip on both shoulders.

foxcommander

Quote from: omochain on July 21, 2017, 10:45:55 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 21, 2017, 12:03:00 PM

I believe he is referring to Elizabeth Warren. Senator from Massachusetts. She has a small piece of Native American Dna in her and it is what the right use to denigrate her. She is one of the few people who have taken on Wall Street and won. The right are scared "shitless" of her. Do not understand why Stew is so dismissive, she would be of a similar stripe to Bernie Sanders but smarter and Stew supported Bernie until recently. But I forgot Stew is a perfectly balanced Harps man. He has a chip on both shoulders.

She lied about having native american ancestry to get jobs. Then said she thinks she's native american because her family told her she was and that she has high cheekbones which resemble them. Yeah.

So she's a liar and fake Pocahontas. 2020 is on!!
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie