Following on from "The Greatest Point" thread ..............

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, June 18, 2009, 05:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Was talking to a fella after our game last Sunday - and he told me that the point he scored in that game was the first point he'd ever scored playing Gaelic Football and he'd been playing for 18 years  :o

and it got me thinking .....................

What's the best point / goal you've ever scored?

As Loughshore Lad will probably testify I wan't the most prolific scorer with Ardboe at under-age level  :D - but one that sticks in my head was a point I scored against Aghaloo in a Division 3 minor match 10 years ago

Long, diagonal ball played into the corner that I ran out and collected in front of my marker.

Turned him and for some reason I thought to myself - I'll be able to put it over from here - bear in mind - I was out on the sideline on the 13-yard line on the wrong side for a right footer - and I let 'er go.

I never even saw it go over the bar  :( as I was knocked clean rotten by my marker  >:( - but I heard the roar of the crwod (all 18 people) - and knew it went over  8)

omagh_gael

I remember scoring a  point of the outside of the boot against errigal when playing for st enda's u-16's about 10 years ago in my brief playing career. Unfortunately it came during an estimated 2-12 to 0-2 defeat!