Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

See the county released a tweet to say plans for league and championship to be released today, I thought it would just be championship, suppose league be good too, as much football as possible for lads, Tyrone seem to have a good model, though easier for them cause they don't have hurling to factor in which we obviously do.

Na Glinntí Glasa

talk of football being a group stage with knockout after they are finished. League to start when championship finishes for both codes minus county players.

Heard that hurling will be run first tho again that was only chat at the start of the week.

Personally i wouldnt want underage back till further down the line and just play senior games. 
hurl like f**k boi!

delgany

SFC   3  teams in  3 GROUPS , 4 in another  Qtr , Semi & Final
IFC     6 teams in 2 groups ,semis &   final
JFC    as IFC.. 5 teams per group

Home matches and away matches

delgany

6 or 7 league matches during inter county season .
No relegation or promotion

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Peter john on June 20, 2020, 04:09:04 PM
What's the point in league football if there is no promotion or relegation
True, league games will be played like friendlies i would imagine, especially since they come after the championship and there are no implications on the results

Hoof Hearted

And they will be played in autumn and winter with no county men - madness 
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

Would everyone be happy enough with finishing the season after the championship? The league might not have appetite at that stage but then with fellas not having much football they might be glad of a few league games. I like the championship format that they have planned.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 20, 2020, 06:36:02 PM
And they will be played in autumn and winter with no county men - madness

If there is no Promotion or relegation then playing without your county players it won't make a pile of difference surely
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 19, 2020, 10:26:59 AM
talk of football being a group stage with knockout after they are finished. League to start when championship finishes for both codes minus county players.

Heard that hurling will be run first tho again that was only chat at the start of the week.

Personally i wouldnt want underage back till further down the line and just play senior games.
You are very hard on the kids DR. I don't think they will be any Worse at social distancing Thsn adults with the adrenaline running . The kids need it

BigBallWeeBall

Dual club players will suffer with the fixtures recently issued . I was hoping for straight knock out for championship and then league to cater for majority of players to get games and Co players to be released. It's gonna be tough for a lot of teams and that's before injuries, suspensions etc. Think we deserved better

Belfast GAA man

I hear they are Redoing the fixTures after the backlash and the changes in the GAA deadlines. There is a bit of 26/6 divide at the moment and I hope it is temporary

bannside

Championship for winning and the league for playing...getting a few games in. A month ago we didnt know if a ball was going to be kicked this year. Now we have club and county championships, a league for club players for a bit of enjoyment.

GiveItToTheShooters

Fixtures got updated. Bit more spread out which is good to see

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 20, 2020, 08:12:33 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 19, 2020, 10:26:59 AM

You are very hard on the kids DR. I don't think they will be any Worse at social distancing Thsn adults with the adrenaline running . The kids need it

it seems that way but im looking at it from a responsibility of a club perspective for them. theres an awful bit of pressure on a vol to look after them and make sure they adhere to the rules and guidelines. should anything happen then who will get the blame? it will be the club, covid officer, coach etc who will get blamed by parents - ignoring the fact that they could/might get it anywhere - the club will be the easy way out as they provided somewhere for them to be together.

im a massive advocate of investing in our youth through development of them at school, improving our coaches, spending the investment in them rather than paying a mercenary manager for senior teams and ive been consistent on that, but i believe in protecting them and those who will be looking after them as well.

ive seen the arrangements for the adult teams to return to train in our club and its very strict and has to be run perfectly so as to ensure that it will work and wont cause any potential overlaps if theres other teams there and to then throw 30 kids into the mix is just too much.

let the senior set up run to the end of july and if things are still as good, if not better, then we can get them back again and out playing again. as has been said before, if parents arent comfortable with sending their kids to school and their safety then how can they feel safe sending them to play a close contact sport, it cant be one or the other.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Outdoors vs indoors though DR. Big difference in risk based on what you read. (How accurate that is though who knows)