Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on June 10, 2020, 07:28:22 AM
Young fellas climbing over a gate and kicking a ball around. What is West Belfast coming to. That place is in disarray. Wouldnt have seen behaviour like that when our generation was that age!

Should be emergency powers drafted to swoop as many of those lads and put them away for a long time for terrorising the community.
ITs not young fellas jumping a fence I've an issue with its organised training by other sports - its  brass necked and dont think GAA teams would do it - I know St Brigets have plenty of money but not fair to be picking up a repair bill either

BigBallWeeBall

I think that Belfast Corporation have furloughed syaff and they are now unable to maintain pitches as they would normally do.
I also heard that staff from parks Sept have been tasked with tidying up the lough shore after after last week's gorse fire.
I agree that St Brides should not be left to foot any repair bills

BigBallWeeBall

Well lads, I see that Derry have announced champo structure. Any insight into what's happening in Antrim

imtommygunn

Those saffron gael best ever club teams are some nonsense eh  ;)

Just joking - they are a great read particularly at this time. Hope some people on here paid attention to today's one. ;D

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 16, 2020, 04:42:02 PM
Those saffron gael best ever club teams are some nonsense eh  ;)

Just joking - they are a great read particularly at this time. Hope some people on here paid attention to today's one. ;D

Some bribes handed out 🤣🤣

Milltown Row2

The picks for all the teams have been great, and stirred some banter on clubs own private pages!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Great idea. Really enjoyed reading them.

Hoof Hearted

Is that the first father son combination
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

The mcveighs? Maybe on the one team. There's a corner forward there who may have had a son on the portglenone team too. I think anyway?

I mind playing against them two mcveighs in the one team when Sean was young.  The da was a hardy boy then. I never saw enough of Sean but I suspect at club level he would have been too.

Hoof Hearted

Yes the delargys
Is gerry mccann the father of barney and bugsy
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Lol. Gerry Mc Cann number 14 is Barney and Peter's brother...but you're not wrong so work that riddle out!

bannside

Mc Canns were all gooduns tbh. Enda was same age as me...I couldn't have laced his boots...but he badly injured a knee in a car accident coming home from Mc Naughtons in Waterfoot one Sunday night and it never properly mended. Gerard Barney Peter  and Paul all wore Saffron at some stage, but for me Enda was the best of the lot. A certain county star of the future for a long time if it hadn't been for the accident. Their sister Mary is the wife of Mickey and mother of Sean and Rory. Great clan they are.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 16, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Yes the delargys

;D Two of them boys would do some laughing and one not so much ;D Never heard of Enda.

Is Sean not mickey's son and they were both on that team?

[Edit] ignore I just read your post properly BS. So two father and son combinations then that I have seen. Surprised st johns or someone like that wouldn't have one but I guess depends on the era of who picked it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 17, 2020, 07:14:29 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 16, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Yes the delargys

;D Two of them boys would do some laughing and one not so much ;D Never heard of Enda.

Is Sean not mickey's son and they were both on that team?

[Edit] ignore I just read your post properly BS. So two father and son combinations then that I have seen. Surprised st johns or someone like that wouldn't have one but I guess depends on the era of who picked it.

We'd have had a couple of father son combinations on both our senior teams no doubt, but its all personal choice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

If the hairdressers aRe opening it must full steam ahead for CUl Camps ?