Socks

Started by Champion The Wonder Horse, February 20, 2022, 08:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champion The Wonder Horse

Are socks no longer part of the official match day kit in the way that jerseys and shorts are?

Are they now considered in the same manner as gloves and boots?

JoG2

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on February 20, 2022, 08:51:26 PM
Are socks no longer part of the official match day kit in the way that jerseys and shorts are?

Clubs / county players can buy or be bought long socks or short socks. Been that way for a while

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on February 20, 2022, 11:29:21 PM

Clubs / county players can buy or be bought long socks or short socks. Been that way for a while

It's funny how things change, I grew up were we all had the same socks shorts jerseys and boots, the captain ran on to the pitch first and we followed the instructions or suffered the bench, it wasn't a democracy.

All changed rightly or wrongly now, players have to have input now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2022, 11:36:35 PM

It's funny how things change, I grew up were we all had the same socks shorts jerseys and boots, the captain ran on to the pitch first and we followed the instructions or suffered the bench, it wasn't a democracy.

I'm pretty sure Crossmolina were fined in 2001 because McD wore his socks pulled up (they may have been white) which was different to the rest of the team. All Ireland club final day, they had little to be worrying about
Hasta la victoria siempre

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 20, 2022, 11:45:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Crossmolina were fined in 2001 because McD wore his socks pulled up (they may have been white) which was different to the rest of the team. All Ireland club final day, they had little to be worrying about

There is a set of requirements for all games, especially at all Ireland competitions. I had the list a load of years ago, given to me when managing our seniors in that latter stages, loads of fines for nothing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rosnarun

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 20, 2022, 11:45:26 PM

your right  from what i recall the fine was 800 a match for semi-final and final. the fine wasn;t leveied for months after the game.  i have me doubts if it was ever paid
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bigarsedkeeper

To be fair there wasn't any choice back then, but there still would a few design changes in a team - mostly lads that wouldn't buy the new ones. Different brands now have different lengths and sock liners etc. Shorts would always cause more of an argument - hated when lads didn't wear the right shorts.

On a separate note - the trend of the full goalie kit at county level annoys me more than it should.

armaghniac

With goalies roaming about the field, there is an increasing possibility of a clash with the referee where the goalie has black kit or even a class between the two goalies, as it is only a matter of time before one goalie tackles the other in the middle of the field. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on February 21, 2022, 01:17:19 PM
With goalies roaming about the field, there is an increasing possibility of a clash with the referee where the goalie has black kit or even a class between the two goalies, as it is only a matter of time before one goalie tackles the other in the middle of the field.

Goalkeepers are just players now it seems for teams. If he was wearing the same outfield top the only benefit would be the it wouldn't clash with other tops, wearing the keepers top allows him to lift the ball up in the small rectangle and not being allowed to be tackled in the square. How many keepers are outfield players for their clubs?

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2022, 01:30:13 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 21, 2022, 01:17:19 PM

Goalkeepers are just players now it seems for teams. If he was wearing the same outfield top the only benefit would be the it wouldn't clash with other tops, wearing the keepers top allows him to lift the ball up in the small rectangle and not being allowed to be tackled in the square. How many keepers are outfield players for their clubs?

Getting back on topic (thereabouts), any GK planning to cross the 21 should signal their intent by having to wear skorts, matching tights optional.

Great to see some of the performances being put in by the likes of Morgan and Beggan, gives you a man advantage in possession so makes sense

Champion The Wonder Horse

Ross Carr tweeting about socks recently. Same point as mine.