Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 04:33:44 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:25:39 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 04:19:56 PM
"Hateness" What the hell does "hateness" mean? Perhaps you meant hatred. The reason I actually have a vocabularly is clearly a result of the fact I went to Trinity.

You've just confirmed the appropriate nature of the word "imbecile" when used to describe you. Obviously I'm only entitled to do so. Becuase I went to Trinity.

a vocabulary where you can't spell because, you're going well  ;)

anyway i'm still waiting...

No vocab and unable to distinguish (or differentiate if you prefer it like that) between a typo and inability to spell. How tragic. Dreadful indictment of the education system in the north. Seeing as you're obviously about 15 the blame should be laid squarely at the feet of Catriona Ruane.

You're waiting for what? The "snob" remarks? That would be your continued need to reference the fact I went to Trinity - which arose directly from the "snob" comments. Satisfied?

no I'm not satisfied, not that that ever stopped you before, as i previously said we debate then you decide you were right.

So it's a typo is it? when does it become a spelling mistake? I was always taught that a word which includes letters it shouldn't or letters in the wrong order was a mispelt word. Hence the word mispelt. If I'm going to fast feel free to stop me at any time and I can give a quick recap for you

btw you mispelt/typo the word vocabulary above as well

snob and evidence remarks

Hardy

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:50:25 PMI was always taught that a word which includes letters it shouldn't or letters in the wrong order was a mispelt word. Hence the word mispelt.

No. That would be a misspelt word.

gallsman

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:50:25 PM
"Hateness" What the hell does "hateness" mean? Perhaps you meant hatred. The reason I actually have a vocabularly is clearly a result of the fact I went to Trinity.

You've just confirmed the appropriate nature of the word "imbecile" when used to describe you. Obviously I'm only entitled to do so. Becuase I went to Trinity.

No vocab and unable to distinguish (or differentiate if you prefer it like that) between a typo and inability to spell. How tragic. Dreadful indictment of the education system in the north. Seeing as you're obviously about 15 the blame should be laid squarely at the feet of Catriona Ruane.

You're waiting for what? The "snob" remarks? That would be your continued need to reference the fact I went to Trinity - which arose directly from the "snob" comments. Satisfied?

no I'm not satisfied, not that that ever stopped you before, as i previously said we debate then you decide you were right.

So it's a typo is it? when does it become a spelling mistake? I was always taught that a word which includes letters it shouldn't or letters in the wrong order was a mispelt word. Hence the word mispelt. If I'm going to fast feel free to stop me at any time and I can give a quick recap for you

btw you mispelt (typo) the word vocabulary above as well

Snob and evidence remarks? I've clearly just outlined them above.

The fact they don't satisfy you is none of my concern.

As thebigfella said earlier, the likes of you and Nally are nothing but keyboard republicans - an embarrassment to anybody who gives a shit about this island.

theskull1

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:59:13 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
If by them you mean the dumb masses, the answer is they are free to do what the media encourages them to do. So in short yes

you used the term dumb masses so i'm not sure who you are referring to, I am referring to X Factor viewers and if you mean X factor viewers I would love to see how the media physically makes someone vote or lift a phone

Who said anything about "physically make". I think you need to open those eyes BM because you display gross naivety not to think that it is possible to "regiment the public mind every bit as much as an army regiments their bodies."

Has your political musings not considered that reality yet? Shocking!
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Banana Man

Quote from: Hardy on November 16, 2010, 04:54:09 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:50:25 PMI was always taught that a word which includes letters it shouldn't or letters in the wrong order was a mispelt word. Hence the word mispelt.

No. That would be a misspelt word.

No hardy that was a typo  ;)

Banana Man

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 04:55:49 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:59:13 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
If by them you mean the dumb masses, the answer is they are free to do what the media encourages them to do. So in short yes

you used the term dumb masses so i'm not sure who you are referring to, I am referring to X Factor viewers and if you mean X factor viewers I would love to see how the media physically makes someone vote or lift a phone

Who said anything about "physically make". I think you need to open those eyes BM because you display gross naivety not to think that it is possible to "regiment the public mind every bit as much as an army regiments their bodies."

I said physically because i would like to know how you dial a phone without physically doing it...

Banana Man

Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 04:55:09 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:50:25 PM

btw you mispelt (typo) the word vocabulary above as well

Snob and evidence remarks? I've clearly just outlined them above.

The fact they don't satisfy you is none of my concern.

As thebigfella said earlier, the likes of you and Nally are nothing but keyboard republicans - an embarrassment to anybody who gives a shit about this island.

you identified the words snob and evidence yes but you still haven't shown the connection to me.

keyboard republicans eh, I am assuming you label every republican as a physical force one, in fact I'm certain of it as you can't differentiate between terms as stated earlier. This island as you put it has moved on, we follow a democratic path and I exercise my right to vote which is true to my beliefs so in that sense i am very active.

It's quite amusing also how you latch onto anyone else who posts something in mine or Nally's direction, hoping to try and drive the boot in as you aren't capable for a toe to toe debate on your own. To use one of your phrases - pathetic.

thebigfella

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:31:52 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 02:39:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: ludermor on November 16, 2010, 02:03:37 PM
This thread is a classic, cant believe i stayed away from it thinking it would be full of the usual politic bollix!

Hardly, is it not just rehashing the same old bollix from this time every year? Just this year we have a few new wannabes that are trying out do each other with their Republican credentials  :P

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14261.0

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9970.0

another valuable contribution there bigfella  ::)

As valuable as yours but then again I'm not deluding myself that I have anything new to bring to the table.

that's a positive development, at least you know you are talking shite

Talking shite by openly admitting I have nothing new to contribute to the topic and pointing out that this has been discussed in depth in 2 other threads  ::) ::)

Keyboard Republicans, gotta love em :D  What day do you sign on or you too proud to take money from the Brits while you trying to unite Ireland on the GAABoard?

no bigfella i'm to busy paying tax to the Brits to fund the dolites that you seem to know a bit about

Obviously not too busy based on the amount of shite you posted debating by yourself on here today. Civil service I assume?

Anyway how you gonna free Ireland by paying tax which goes to the funding of the British war machine? At least if your on the dole you would be diverting resources away from them  ;)

By the way it's "too busy" and not "to busy". Typo?  :P

theskull1

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 05:08:15 PM

I said physically because i would like to know how you dial a phone without physically doing it...

So we agree that I never mentioned anything about physically making anybody do anything yet you're asking me to explain what you've said in relation to physically making someone do something. I don't know what to say to that.  ???

gallsman

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 05:17:01 PM
you identified the words snob and evidence yes but you still haven't shown the connection to me.

keyboard republicans eh, I am assuming you label every republican as a physical force one, in fact I'm certain of it as you can't differentiate between terms as stated earlier. This island as you put it has moved on, we follow a democratic path and I exercise my right to vote which is true to my beliefs so in that sense i am very active.

It's quite amusing also how you latch onto anyone else who posts something in mine or Nally's direction, hoping to try and drive the boot in as you aren't capable for a toe to toe debate on your own. To use one of your phrases - pathetic.

You assume wrong.

I do what exactly? Another poster used a phrase that I felt summed up my opinion of you and your colleague.

gallsman

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 05:21:34 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 05:08:15 PM

So we agree that I never mentioned anything about physically making anybody do anything yet you're asking me to explain what you've said in relation to physically making someone do something. I don't know what to say to that.  ???

Skull, you obviously didn't go to Trinity if you don't know what to say to that.

theskull1

Well lets just say whilst thinking of how to respond to it in as constructive a way as I could, a sense of futility washed over me

gallsman

Constructive? On this thread? On the board? Don't be silly!  :)

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 16, 2010, 03:27:26 PM

Well the proof of recent change is on the side of the eventual re-unification. There is only one way this is going and what we will differ on is when this will happen. I expect it sooner rather than later. Apart from that it will eventually happen, both of us can only speculate
Where is your "proof"?

The last three elections clearly showed that support for Republican/Nationalist parties in NI has plateaued.

Moreover, SF's favourite psephologist, Prof. Brendan O'Leary, let the cat out of the bag when he disclosed that he didn't see that changing "in the foreseeable future" (though SF moved very fast to bury that observation, despite its being made ito an invited audience at one of their roadshows in the USA!).

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 16, 2010, 03:27:26 PM... and the only other definite is that the economic climate will have to be 'right'.
Hmmm.

Rather reminds me of Tony Blair/New Labour's promise that the UK would enter the Eurozone just as soon as it met Gordon Brown/The Treasury's 5 key economic tests:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/five-tests-remain-key-to-euro-entry-says-brown-674922.html
I wonder whatever happened there, then.  ;)

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 16, 2010, 03:27:26 PMYou being based in england or wherever – not on Ireland – obv just don't know.
So you feel restrained from commenting on anything outside of Ireland then?  ::)

Anyhow, NI, England, GB etc - it's all the same United Kingdom to me.

Still.  ;)

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 16, 2010, 03:27:26 PM
I know a few companies that have gained tax breaks by putting in offices/development centres in the north of Ireland - initially Irish based companies –the IDA down here are working in conjunction with the ni board – invest ni or whatever appropriate board it is – I forget which.

I meant to point out citi as an example. They are one such company.
How it is doing it I am not quite sure - as to whatever the agreement is in conjunction with the IDA, but citi and a few more that I wont divulge have gone through this route and its financially attractive as otherwise - as I have been told- they wouldnt be going near the north of Ireland - not because they dont like it , its just because they would never have thought of going there !

The fact remains, I know of a few of these companies through IT and HR contacts who are finding it more or less impossible to get staff in the north of Ireland.
First hand info. you can write more lengthy responses – but like your last one, it doesn't actually contain any real argument.
Let's see if I've got this one straight, then.

You construct an argument on the basis of what (you assert to be) your "first hand experience" (above) - no facts, no sources, no proof etc.

Whilst I cite four specific, independent, authoritative links (post #299) to support my thesis.

Yet you claim that I am the one "without any real argument".  :o

You know, with the price of metals these days, you could melt down that brass neck of yours and pay off a sizeable chunk of the Potato Republic's Celtic Tiger's debt... :D

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

I see Trinity boy is doing working hard on showing he's not an oul know it all  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?