Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone exile

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 11, 2010, 07:59:46 PM
See Malachi Cush refrained from wearing the poppy on 7.30 show on UTV. Fair play.
He was wearing one, underneath his left collar, you could only notice it when the camera was faced onto him, sly boy! I also do not watch the show, just so people dont get the wrong impression!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Well just back from the pub and near the end myself and my Unionist friend had a bit of a fall out over her poppy. I said nothing all night until one of my English mates pointed out it attached to her bag and that O ***** won't have liked that. She asked me what my problem was with supporting "our boys" and "their sacrifice" it got pretty heated and only ended well coz I agreed to disagree coz she has a savage arse and even while arguing I couldn't take my eyes of it and I really think I have a chance bar the fact that she thinks I'm a raving Provo, which most lads here will think absurd  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ballinaman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 12, 2010, 01:03:31 AM
Well just back from the pub and near the end myself and my Unionist friend had a bit of a fall out over her poppy. I said nothing all night until one of my English mates pointed out it attached to her bag and that O ***** won't have liked that. She asked me what my problem was with supporting "our boys" and "their sacrifice" it got pretty heated and only ended well coz I agreed to disagree coz she has a savage arse and even while arguing I couldn't take my eyes of it and I really think I have a chance bar the fact that she thinks I'm a raving Provo, which most lads here will think absurd  ;D
Well played, get  priorities straight....savage arse or high ground....arse everyday :D

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: ballinaman on November 12, 2010, 01:29:32 AM
Well played, get  priorities straight....savage arse or high ground....arse everyday :D

Hang on,, how were ya looking at her arse while ya were arguing?! Was she looking over shoulder or something?
Hasta la victoria siempre

ballinaman

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on November 12, 2010, 01:55:05 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 12, 2010, 01:29:32 AM

Hang on,, how were ya looking at her arse while ya were arguing?! Was she looking over shoulder or something?
anything is possible deeler....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9al-mpqXjc

Gabriel_Hurl

So I gave $5 for a poppy today. I didn't take one - am I still ok to post here/still an Irish man???

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 12, 2010, 03:18:15 AM
So I gave $5 for a poppy today. I didn't take one - am I still ok to post here/still an Irish man???

Depends if it was a dud or not ;).....I think it puts you in the same category as Tony Cascarino :D
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Orior

I was at a school concert in Cookstown last night. About 300 people in attendance and not one poppy in sight.

What an outrage!

I'm penning a strong worded letter to my member of the british parliament   member of local britsh administration parish priest.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Nally Stand

Quote from: gallsman on November 11, 2010, 10:57:40 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 11, 2010, 07:09:28 PM
Should nationalists have representation?  Was that a serious question?  :D Ok.... in case it was... YES MINDER. YES THEY SHOULD.

Yet you wouldn't stop crying your eyes out and shitting your pants when they refused to withdraw Fearghal McKinney in FST?

:D :D :D
You a bit slow on the uptake? I had hoped the stoops would pull out of FST in order to ENSURE that the only nationalist who actually had a chance of winning would win, hence ensuring the (mainly nationalist) constituency would be REPRESENTED by... that's right....A NATIONALIST. Complicated I know, but keep thinking about it.

Actually, given the stoops refusal to withdraw, knowing full well that McKinney didn't stand a chance in hell of getting elected, any rational observer would have to assume that they knowingly attempted to prevent the nationalists of FST being represented by a nationalist simply because that nationalist was from SF. They clearly anticipated a spilt nationalist vote, which they expected would deliver a tory MP, which would have suited their "anyone but SF" ethos down to the ground. Kinda denying representation to nationalists, that tactic.

p.s. Thankfully, the good people of FST abandoned the stoops in droves and showed maggie ritchie the middle finger in response to her political "strategy" of screwing them over so as to facilitate the OO/Tory/DUP alliances bid to defeat the only nationalist who stood a chance:

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Zapatista

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 12, 2010, 03:18:15 AM

If you give a fiver and get nothing in return then you are the ultimate Irish man. Usually we'd get a stick of gum at least for a fiver.

gallsman

That wasn't the question you were asked though? Minder asked you if nationalists who don't want to vote Sinn Fein are entitled to vote for someone they see fit to represent them, and you said "yes". QED.

gallsman

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 12, 2010, 10:13:01 AM
Actually, given the stoops refusal to withdraw, knowing full well that McKinney didn't stand a chance in hell of getting elected, any rational observer would have to assume that they knowingly attempted to prevent the nationalists of FST being represented by a nationalist simply because that nationalist was from SF. They clearly anticipated a spilt nationalist vote, which they expected would deliver a tory MP, which would have suited their "anyone but SF" ethos down to the ground. Kinda denying representation to nationalists, that tactic.

You consider that rational?

"Because they did this it meant this"

Once again I must point out the flaws in your understanding of democracy.

Zapatista

:D :D :D
You a bit slow on the uptake? I had hoped the stoops would pull out of FST in order to ENSURE that the only nationalist who actually had a chance of winning would win, hence ensuring the (mainly nationalist) constituency would be REPRESENTED by... that's right....A NATIONALIST. Complicated I know, but keep thinking about it.

p.s. Thankfully, the good people of FST abandoned the stoops in droves and showed maggie ritchie the middle finger in response to her political "strategy" of screwing them over so as to facilitate the OO/Tory/DUP alliances bid to defeat the only nationalist who stood a chance     

This is what bugs me about the whole thing. There is no merit in supporting a candidate if they are only voted for being Nationalist. BEing a Nationalist is a stupid reason to elect someone and the SDLP were right to stand there ground.

Zapatista

Quote from: gallsman on November 12, 2010, 10:22:59 AM

You consider that rational?

"Because they did this it meant this"

Once again I must point out the flaws in your understanding of democracy.

Maybe they were more concerned about SFs agriculture policy and wanted to take them out for that reason?

Nally Stand

Quote from: gallsman on November 12, 2010, 10:19:12 AM
That wasn't the question you were asked though? Minder asked you if nationalists who don't want to vote Sinn Fein are entitled to vote for someone they see fit to represent them, and you said "yes". QED.

Yes but as mentioned, the stoop stood no chance of getting elected. Not ever party stands in every constituency in Ireland for similar reasons.
p.s. That isn't what he asked, he asked if there was no sdlp, should nationalists not have representation, and who they should vote for. I answered both.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore