Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 14, 2011, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on November 12, 2011, 10:29:16 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 12, 2011, 02:30:55 AM
Tank fcuk it's all over come today/Sunday/actually when do the t**sers stop wearing them?

So anyone who wears a poppy is a t@@ser? 

A sectarian a comment as you could not wish to read considering the vast majority of people from N Ireland who wear them are protestants.

No, did I say they were, the t**ser description is aimed at the people who continue to wear the poppies above and beyond the norm.

"Sectarian comment" - catch yourself on.

Where did you say that it was aimed at the people who continue to wear the poppies above and beyond the norm? 

Fact is you didn't !!  This is what you said.....

Tank fcuk it's all over come today/Sunday/actually when do the t**sers stop wearing them?

You were talking about anyone who wore them !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

seafoid

I saw a picture of Tony Blair with a poppy. He should get a special one for sending all those squaddies to die in Afghanistan.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

theskull1

He should have every poppy worn yesterday stuffed down his throat
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaffer on November 14, 2011, 09:00:24 PM

A sectarian a comment as you could not wish to read considering the vast majority of people from N Ireland who wear them are protestants.

No, did I say they were, the t**ser description is aimed at the people who continue to wear the poppies above and beyond the norm.

Where did you say that it was aimed at the people who continue to wear the poppies above and beyond the norm? 

So your going to tell me what I think and mean now!
You read what you want into it!
Just like creating a "sectarian comment" out of something which in no way was one.
Tbc....

Gaffer

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 15, 2011, 09:42:46 AM

Just like creating a "sectarian comment" out of something which in no way was one.

You told the board what you  think.

Stop digging !!

tyssam5

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2011, 07:03:31 PM
Now this is how to remember, Orange style, a rememberanxe day parade followed up by a sectarian protest. You gotta love them...

Orangemen at No10 over Catholic ban

Saturday November 12 2011 Members of the Protestant Orange Order have descended on Downing Street to oppose the lifting of a ban on those in line to the throne from marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen took a brief detour from their annual Remembrance Day march to deliver the letter setting out concerns that changes to the Act of Settlement will call into question the future role of the monarch as the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Jeffrey Donaldson, Ulster Democratic Unionist MP for Lagan Valley, said: "The Queen is the supreme governor of the Church of England, and if a future monarch were to marry someone outside of the Church of England that could have consequences for the sole link between the Crown and the church. "We believe this is part of a long-term plan to disestablish the Church of England by damaging the link between the Crown and the church." The leaders of the 16 Commonwealth nations where the Queen serves as head of state came together in October to unanimously approve changes to the laws of royal succession which lift the ban on anyone in line for the throne marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen Remember and Parade in London started with the laying of a wreath at the tomb of King William III in Westminster Abbey by nine officers and members of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge. Prayers were said and Mr Donaldson, the 48-year-old Master of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge, addressed the group. He said: "We urge upon our government today to think carefully about the course they are embarked upon and its consequences for our sovereign, for our church and for our nation." The parade featured around 100 members dressed in black suits with ceremonial orange and purple collarettes and white gloves. They were accompanied by the Corby Purple Star Flute Band from Northampton, who played traditional marching band songs.

Is Jeff not a Presbyterian? If so nice to his concern regarding the future of the Church of England.

Rossfan

Good to see they are still showing their true bitter twisted orange bigoted colours . ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

I'd genuinely love to hear what he thinks the "consequences" would be, that would really show how batshit nuts they are.

5 Sams

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2011, 08:45:25 PM
Was at the gym this morning and this girl was showing off her poppy every time she worked on the thigh master!! I like poppies

Rule 1
The Aristocrat Years

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaffer on November 15, 2011, 08:00:36 PM

Stop digging !!

No, you read into my post what you wanted to hear, FFS you even tried turning it into a "sectarian comment!"
Tbc....

Gaffer

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 16, 2011, 12:09:48 PM

Stop digging !!

No, you read into my post what you wanted to hear, FFS you even tried turning it into a "sectarian comment!"

But you were talking about anyone who wore them, not ones who wore them after Rememberance Day as you later claimed.

And you know fine rightly that its mostly Protestants who wear them , hence the sectarianism !

Applesisapples

To be pedantic if you include all citizens of the UK, then it is not solely Protestants, also the poppy has been politicised and is certainly not religious therefore whilst the remarks may be offensive to some and certainly silly (as there are more than just tossers wearing them) they are hardly sectarian in the narrow definition of the term.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaffer on November 16, 2011, 03:53:10 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 16, 2011, 12:09:48 PM

Stop digging !!

But you were talking about anyone who wore them, not ones who wore them after Rememberance Day as you later claimed.

And you know fine rightly that its mostly Protestants who wear them , hence the sectarianism !

Can't really be bothered with this, but here goes -
No I wasn't talking about everyone who wore them, I have explained this already, if you don't want to accept that then that's your perogative, as for your sectarian slant thats just bullshit, religion doesn't come into it for the majority of poppy wearers (except here), you'll find religion well down the list of priorities for most English, Scottish and Welsh.
Tbc....