Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 12, 2011, 07:51:35 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2011, 07:03:31 PM
Jeffrey Donaldson, Ulster Democratic Unionist MP for Lagan Valley, said: "The Queen is the supreme governor of the Church of England, and if a future monarch were to marry someone outside of the Church of England that could have consequences for the sole link between the Crown and the church. 
Yes Jeffrey, but the monarch could marry someone outside the CoE all along, just not a Catholic.

Yeah, I mean, God forbid, that could make the Orange Order become even more redundant.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 12, 2011, 08:00:43 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2011, 07:03:31 PM
Now this is how to remember, Orange style, a rememberanxe day parade followed up by a sectarian protest. You gotta love them...

Orangemen at No10 over Catholic ban

Saturday November 12 2011 Members of the Protestant Orange Order have descended on Downing Street to oppose the lifting of a ban on those in line to the throne from marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen took a brief detour from their annual Remembrance Day march to deliver the letter setting out concerns that changes to the Act of Settlement will call into question the future role of the monarch as the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Jeffrey Donaldson, Ulster Democratic Unionist MP for Lagan Valley, said: "The Queen is the supreme governor of the Church of England, and if a future monarch were to marry someone outside of the Church of England that could have consequences for the sole link between the Crown and the church. "We believe this is part of a long-term plan to disestablish the Church of England by damaging the link between the Crown and the church." The leaders of the 16 Commonwealth nations where the Queen serves as head of state came together in October to unanimously approve changes to the laws of royal succession which lift the ban on anyone in line for the throne marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen Remember and Parade in London started with the laying of a wreath at the tomb of King William III in Westminster Abbey by nine officers and members of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge. Prayers were said and Mr Donaldson, the 48-year-old Master of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge, addressed the group. He said: "We urge upon our government today to think carefully about the course they are embarked upon and its consequences for our sovereign, for our church and for our nation." The parade featured around 100 members dressed in black suits with ceremonial orange and purple collarettes and white gloves. They were accompanied by the Corby Purple Star Flute Band from Northampton, who played traditional marching band songs.
Used to be known as Little Scotland, due to the fact that it had a steel works in the town and many of those who worked in it had relocated down from Scotland. Maybe it has changed, but I was there 2 or 2 times in the early 80's and it was the most depressing, depressed place on God's green earth.

Just thought I'd share that....  :)

Sounds like the perfect place for them!

Forever Green

f**k every single one o them who served over here. See, I would have no problem with the shite if it was just for the World Wars but its no

Arthur_Friend

Pity the BBC don't have a webpage entitled 'Who they felled' and give numbers for that as well.

Orior

Zero poppies on display today in Casement Park.

Of course the police made sure they were visible outside the ground.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

Well it's over, time to stash those poppies away for another year seven months

Milltown Row2

Was at the gym this morning and this girl was showing off her poppy every time she worked on the thigh master!! I like poppies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armaghgeddon

The looks I got walking to work this morning....

lawnseed

all credit to poppy wearers but they put dorathy to sleep in the wizard of oz. wouldnt have them about the place health and safety etc.. ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on November 13, 2011, 08:47:24 PM
The looks I got walking to work this morning....

Aye had to laugh myself, went up to the shop this morning and everyone had black suits on and poppies to the max! Spot the Taig game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dillinger

Just took mine off before midnight. :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Trout on November 12, 2011, 02:09:07 PM
Gweedore is possibly the biggest bigot on this board but squeals like a bitch if he thinks anyone on the other side is bigoted.

I'll assume its me your talking about  ::).
How am I a bigot?
Can you show me where I "squeal like a bitch" anywhere on this board?
Or would you be talking boll*cks!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 12, 2011, 10:24:37 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 12, 2011, 02:30:55 AM
Tank fcuk it's all over come today/Sunday/actually when do the t**sers stop wearing them?
Does it really bother you that much?!

Poppy fascism does, yeah.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaffer on November 12, 2011, 10:29:16 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 12, 2011, 02:30:55 AM
Tank fcuk it's all over come today/Sunday/actually when do the t**sers stop wearing them?

So anyone who wears a poppy is a t@@ser? 

A sectarian a comment as you could not wish to read considering the vast majority of people from N Ireland who wear them are protestants.

No, did I say they were, the tosser description is aimed at the people who continue to wear the poppies above and beyond the norm.

"Sectarian comment" - catch yourself on.
Tbc....