Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Gweedore is possibly the biggest bigot on this board but squeals like a bitch if he thinks anyone on the other side is bigoted.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

armaghniac

QuoteSo anyone who wears a poppy is a t@@ser?

A sectarian a comment as you could not wish to read considering the vast majority of people from N Ireland who wear them are protestants.

It is clear measure of how this poppy propaganda has succeeded in distorting the debate that opposing sectarianism is now characterised as sectarian.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Trout on November 12, 2011, 02:09:07 PM
Gweedore is possibly the biggest bigot on this board but squeals like a bitch if he thinks anyone on the other side is bigoted.

Sorry, we don't debate with fish here.

Trout

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2011, 02:19:22 PM

Where was the invitation for debate ? You mind that temper of yours, we don't want you blowing your top and sending abusive PMs.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Trout on November 12, 2011, 02:27:13 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2011, 02:19:22 PM

Where was the invitation for debate ? You mind that temper of yours, we don't want you blowing your top and sending abusive PMs.

I wouldn't worry about my temper lad, I'd never lose it with the likes of you.

bennydorano

David Mitchell on HIGNFY last night in relation to the poppy furoure over England v Spain - "I'm disappointed that they're not playing dressed as poppies'. Made me laugh.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: stew on November 12, 2011, 01:55:05 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 11, 2011, 06:05:21 PM
Where I was working today I heard someone ask a service user if they had observed the minutes silence, I turned to see it was a colleague talking. Then I looked up at the clock it was 11.15, and I realised that I had inadvertently spent the previous 15 minutes regaling an English audience about how proud a day it was having our 9'th President Inagurated today. They had been all questions throughout. Only then was it realised that the room had spent the previous 15 minutes discussing this moment in the history of Ireland and its Republic. This was not a conscious act on my behalf, but I did have a smirk on my face when I realised what had happened. Up the Republic  ;)

What a guy, you da man. The republic is lucky to have a lad such as yourself to hold an English audience spellboiund at the very minute they were supposed to be thinking about their fallen soldiers, I see what you did there, Ireland 1 England 0.

You are full of shite and that story proves it.

Think what ya like, what suprised me was that no one actually seemed bothered to observe the minutes silence. No one mentioned it coming up to the time. The first time I heard it mentined was a few minutes after it was supposed to have taken place.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

theskull1

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 12, 2011, 05:52:16 PM
Quote from: stew on November 12, 2011, 01:55:05 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 11, 2011, 06:05:21 PM
Where I was working today I heard someone ask a service user if they had observed the minutes silence, I turned to see it was a colleague talking. Then I looked up at the clock it was 11.15, and I realised that I had inadvertently spent the previous 15 minutes regaling an English audience about how proud a day it was having our 9'th President Inagurated today. They had been all questions throughout. Only then was it realised that the room had spent the previous 15 minutes discussing this moment in the history of Ireland and its Republic. This was not a conscious act on my behalf, but I did have a smirk on my face when I realised what had happened. Up the Republic  ;)

What a guy, you da man. The republic is lucky to have a lad such as yourself to hold an English audience spellboiund at the very minute they were supposed to be thinking about their fallen soldiers, I see what you did there, Ireland 1 England 0.

You are full of shite and that story proves it.

Think what ya like, what suprised me was that no one actually seemed bothered to observe the minutes silence. No one mentioned it coming up to the time. The first time I heard it mentined was a few minutes after it was supposed to have taken place.

I just dont get why you be surprised by that. We have the media pumping out massive propaganda in regards to wearing a poppy and the minutes silience but why do you think that everybody will adher to the media message? People get immersed in work and the day goes on.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gaffer

Quote from: armaghniac on November 12, 2011, 02:18:51 PM
QuoteSo anyone who wears a poppy is a t@@ser?

A sectarian a comment as you could not wish to read considering the vast majority of people from N Ireland who wear them are protestants.

It is clear measure of how this poppy propaganda has succeeded in distorting the debate that opposing sectarianism is now characterised as sectarian.

Calling people t@@sers is opposing sectarianism ?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mylestheslasher

Now this is how to remember, Orange style, a rememberanxe day parade followed up by a sectarian protest. You gotta love them...

Orangemen at No10 over Catholic ban

Saturday November 12 2011 Members of the Protestant Orange Order have descended on Downing Street to oppose the lifting of a ban on those in line to the throne from marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen took a brief detour from their annual Remembrance Day march to deliver the letter setting out concerns that changes to the Act of Settlement will call into question the future role of the monarch as the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Jeffrey Donaldson, Ulster Democratic Unionist MP for Lagan Valley, said: "The Queen is the supreme governor of the Church of England, and if a future monarch were to marry someone outside of the Church of England that could have consequences for the sole link between the Crown and the church. "We believe this is part of a long-term plan to disestablish the Church of England by damaging the link between the Crown and the church." The leaders of the 16 Commonwealth nations where the Queen serves as head of state came together in October to unanimously approve changes to the laws of royal succession which lift the ban on anyone in line for the throne marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen Remember and Parade in London started with the laying of a wreath at the tomb of King William III in Westminster Abbey by nine officers and members of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge. Prayers were said and Mr Donaldson, the 48-year-old Master of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge, addressed the group. He said: "We urge upon our government today to think carefully about the course they are embarked upon and its consequences for our sovereign, for our church and for our nation." The parade featured around 100 members dressed in black suits with ceremonial orange and purple collarettes and white gloves. They were accompanied by the Corby Purple Star Flute Band from Northampton, who played traditional marching band songs.

EC Unique

There really is very little difference in the OO and the KKK.

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2011, 07:03:31 PM
Jeffrey Donaldson, Ulster Democratic Unionist MP for Lagan Valley, said: "The Queen is the supreme governor of the Church of England, and if a future monarch were to marry someone outside of the Church of England that could have consequences for the sole link between the Crown and the church. 
Yes Jeffrey, but the monarch could marry someone outside the CoE all along, just not a Catholic.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2011, 07:03:31 PM
Now this is how to remember, Orange style, a rememberanxe day parade followed up by a sectarian protest. You gotta love them...

Orangemen at No10 over Catholic ban

Saturday November 12 2011 Members of the Protestant Orange Order have descended on Downing Street to oppose the lifting of a ban on those in line to the throne from marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen took a brief detour from their annual Remembrance Day march to deliver the letter setting out concerns that changes to the Act of Settlement will call into question the future role of the monarch as the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Jeffrey Donaldson, Ulster Democratic Unionist MP for Lagan Valley, said: "The Queen is the supreme governor of the Church of England, and if a future monarch were to marry someone outside of the Church of England that could have consequences for the sole link between the Crown and the church. "We believe this is part of a long-term plan to disestablish the Church of England by damaging the link between the Crown and the church." The leaders of the 16 Commonwealth nations where the Queen serves as head of state came together in October to unanimously approve changes to the laws of royal succession which lift the ban on anyone in line for the throne marrying a Catholic. The Orangemen Remember and Parade in London started with the laying of a wreath at the tomb of King William III in Westminster Abbey by nine officers and members of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge. Prayers were said and Mr Donaldson, the 48-year-old Master of the Houses of Parliament Loyal Orange Lodge, addressed the group. He said: "We urge upon our government today to think carefully about the course they are embarked upon and its consequences for our sovereign, for our church and for our nation." The parade featured around 100 members dressed in black suits with ceremonial orange and purple collarettes and white gloves. They were accompanied by the Corby Purple Star Flute Band from Northampton, who played traditional marching band songs.
Used to be known as Little Scotland, due to the fact that it had a steel works in the town and many of those who worked in it had relocated down from Scotland. Maybe it has changed, but I was there 2 or 2 times in the early 80's and it was the most depressing, depressed place on God's green earth.

Just thought I'd share that....  :)

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: thejuice on November 11, 2011, 11:43:10 AMBut funnily a colleague said, and this is news to me,  it's for remembering ALL soldiers who fought and died in ALL wars, EVER!  ??

I've been brought up with that attitude and it's quite common over here.  Most 'brits' see the poppy as a symbol of peace, and would see the PDF's peacekeepers being remembered on the 11th as totally appropriate.  I believe German and Argentinian representatives have taken part in Remembrance Sunday commemorations in recent years.

Please don't think the bigots and neos speak for us, for us it is simply to mark the end of WW1 and to contribute to a charity that looks after our ex-servicemen because our government won't.

And any person over that gets offended over people choosing not to donate is a f*cking fanny.

David Cameron has embarrassed himself with his tawdry populism over the English footballers wearing the poppy.  But, please, he doesn't speak for the majority of 'brits' - and he certainly does not speak for me and my countrymen!

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 12, 2011, 08:00:43 PM
Used to be known as Little Scotland, due to the fact that it had a steel works in the town and many of those who worked in it had relocated down from Scotland. Maybe it has changed, but I was there 2 or 2 times in the early 80's and it was the most depressing, depressed place on God's green earth.

Just thought I'd share that....  :)

From Glasgow.  Hence the bigotry.