Tyres

Started by nrico2006, October 20, 2011, 10:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Anyone know of anywhere cheap around the Armagh/Craigavon area for tyres?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Try Murrays In Portadown. Fairly reasonable and good lads to deal with too.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyCake on October 20, 2011, 12:00:12 PM
Try Murrays In Portadown. Fairly reasonable and good lads to deal with too.

Usually get tyres for one of the cars at around £65 from Modern Tyres but was quoted £40 a tyre by a fella Litter in Portadown and just wondering what the craic is there.  The tyres are apparently new and unless they are recycled ones I can't understand the price - not that I am complaining. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Yeah sounds good, and I've heard he's fairly good. There's another in Carn that's good too I hear.

armaghniac

There are tyres and tyres. Cheap Chinese tyres may be a saving until you have to stop suddenly.
Check out what brands are being sold at http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

men in black

Get vredestein Tyres. I got mine in Dungannon. Cheap compared to some but a good tyre.

All of a Sludden

You get what you pay for when it comes to tyres. Avoid Chinese ditch finders like the plague.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Fuzzman

Hi all

Wondering best place to buy new tyres for my Ford Smax. Any good places in Newry or Belfast.

I usually buy Hancook 215/60 R16

aontroim

Found Magowan Tyres in Mallusk to be the cheapest for tyres last month when I needed to get them replaced - great service too.

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 24, 2015, 09:51:23 AM
Hi all

Wondering best place to buy new tyres for my Ford Smax. Any good places in Newry or Belfast.

I usually buy Hancook 215/60 R16

Hancook are quite a good tyre depending on tread type. Avoid new budget tyres. If your looking for value for money many car breakers sell second hand tyres which are superior to the budget tyre, but make sure you choose branded second hand such as michelin, pirelli, continental,uniroyal,and check the tyre depth.

Fuzzman

With Mallusk
FIRESTONE 21560R15 94H FH700 FS  £57.00   
PIRELLI 21560R15 94W P6000 N1       £95.40

What about anyone in the N.West like Omagh, Strabane or Letterkenny as going there this weekend

Last Man

I always use Kerrs, good service and price.

armaghniac

Given that it will probably be snowing, get something will All Season capability, not a tyre designed for use in Malaga.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Hi Nrico you must be the tightest hoor in all Of Tyrone. Just buy the dam tyres :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch